Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 21:06:17
Page:  1 
The Human Mind Started by: -Rubik on Nov 07, '07 04:01
Rubik approaches the street. He walks out to Hollywood and Vine, seeing a few celebrities walk past him. He nods to them, and walks away, realizing he's approached the wrong corner. He walks around back, darting inbetween a few buildings, into dark corners. He hears a gun shot not too far from his location. He's arrived at the right corner. He gets the passer-byes attention.

I'll attempt to keep this short and sweet.

We've seen a few rogue's here and there. I mean, look in our history books, and they're a regular occurrence. So I won't go into detail about that. We know that each person has their reasons. Again, let's leave that to themselves.

What I'm curious about, is a little different. Now, before we begin, a disclaimer:

I do not claim to know everything about this most recent rogue, so bare with me.

Okay, with that out of the way, let's continue. I'm here to approach you, asking you, do you think the reasons this rogue claimed to have were admirable. We're taught to take what we want. We're in the mafia, why should we wait our turn, correct? Now, I'm not congratulating the man by any means. He killed people that, to my knowledge, did nothing to him. But, at the same time, he quite literally fought for what he believed in.

Again, this is in the eye of the beholder. Hence, the title of this little rant. EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, has their opinion for who, what, where, when, and why. The how is, of course, more obvious. A bullet to the head.

Anyway, in the interest of keeping it short and sweet, I'll wrap it up. I'm here for a discussion. I didn't know Proteus very well. I never spoke to him personally so my judgment is neutral. I'm not saying our rogue did us a favor, nor am I saying he got what he deserved. I am here to get YOUR opinion. If you want mine, ask and I shall tell.

Without a warning, he takes a seat against the wall of a building, plopping down and lighting up his cigar. Rubik, letting his words settle into the minds of the listeners. He figures by the time he has tasted his cigar, they will be ready to speak.
Report Post Tip
I think someone taught you some fucked up ideals about what a mobster should be like. "Take what we want...not have to wait out turn" isn't inherent in organized crime. That ideology even sounds disorganized. If everyone acted on that belief, we would have DISORGANIZED crime. It would be every man for himself.

There is nothing admirable about this rogue, or almost any other. When they buy out of their family and pursue an individual agenda, they are spitting in the face of the person that gave them their first job and protected them from the mean streets. They are turning their back on the family bonds which made them strong and allowed them to rank. Their inevitable death makes the family they came from one person weaker.

I truly hope that the mafia families of these six cities get these traditional ideals back into their belief systems. We are meant to be families acting as one, not collections of numerous individuals all looking out for ourselves.
Report Post Tip
We're taught to take what we want. We're in the mafia, why should we wait our turn, correct?

Witchy stopped on hearing these words.

"NO that is not correct."

"We are taught to obey rules, respect omerta, do as we are told, they say jump, we say how high, we aren't even truly part of the family until we reach Made Men, and we are never ever taught to take what we want from those that protect us, it is the utmost disrespect."

"Perhaps you are confusing robbing from the average Joe's pocket or knocking over the odd bank with taking from the bosses of this world. That my friend is not the same at all"

Witchy shook a cigarette out of her packet and lit it, blowing out the smoke, thinking before continuing.

"These rogues ..." she paused.

"They must know that within hours they will die. Is it SO important to hold a HQ, that they will sacrifice their lives for 5 minutes of fame? And even then, it's more infamy than fame. It's not like many members will touch them with a barge pole. Perhaps a few nearest and dearest will join and die for the cause.

Or do they actually think by claiming a city, those in charge will say. Oh well, you have it now, just you carry on son, with a quick rap over the knuckles?

Witchy shook her head and flicked her cigarette away.

"Madness......."
Report Post Tip
pardon me if i am mistaken,but did you say ALL the families shold work together as ONE?

I am all for working togeter to organize things but holding hands(yeah I brought that shit up again)is for small children and post teens who have no sexual identity yet.It is lame in other words.Yes crime families work together ,but I can gaurantee that there is not one family leader of any crime family past present or future who will give an inch of thier own business to unify anything.Having families on good terms with one another is fine,but leave it at that.
Report Post Tip
I'm fairly certain that when maxwell said "families acting as one" he meant "a family should act as one". He's free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm betting you jumped to the wrong conclusion. That aside, I agree with both maxwell and Witchyx. Rogues are just that, rogues. They're the selfish causes of chaos and disorder, not misunderstood heroes fighting for what they believe in. While I do believe everyone should have the chance (if they're worthy) to try to start their own family, it should not be done in the way rogues do it.

When leaving ones family to start their own, the utmost respect and gratitude should be shown, and an alliance is usually to be kept with ones former family. If anything, it's better to create a sub-family of your current one, both because of the implied protection as well as the closeness of the bond. It shows respect for your boss and that you're not trying to hurt them, only join them at the top.
Report Post Tip
well like i said i appologize for any confusion

but rogues will always be here,personal fame and glory,secret payoffs to do the deed,vengeance,hatred,not giving a shit...these a re a mere few reasons why they do it.There is nothing we can do to stop it.In every family at some point there will be a high ranked member with a good gun.All it takes is hurt feelings and voila..massacre!

Trying to figure out the why is pointless.I always focused on the gratitude to those who stop them before we all die.
Report Post Tip
Ah, you just brought up an important point though. Part of the reason rogues are spawned is because CLs fail to control (and teach) their family members appropriately and may (intentionally or otherwise) mistreat them resulting in build-up feelings of resentment, etc. While I'm certainly not blaming all rogues on the CLs, they play a major role in preventing their development. Likewise, individual family members also play a role in this, because unnecessary hatred and conflict will always result in one or two rogues, willing to risk it all for a bit of revenge.
Report Post Tip
Alas, the "rougeness" has come as a direct result of the other street "debate" which evantually turned into a farce.

Now, I_Suck, had a valid enough opinion, addressed wrongly, but still valid and yet i remember many people saying things like: "your just a goomba"; "3 days old"; "do something about it" and pretty much moaned at him saying he had nothing to lose.

No doubt this probably enticed I_Suck and his friend Sleep into do something about it and thus Proteus's death was the result. Now i am not saying it was the right thing to do, but all i am saying is that you moan about someone giving an opinion even though they can't do fuck all about it and have fuck all to lose. Then you moan some fucking more when they do something about it and people die.

Sheesh, always fucking moaning but never saying anything worth while. Actions speak louder words. You said he couldn't do anything, looks like he did, sure enough it was only 5 minutes of fame, but there is still probably a dead crewleader's offspring, now thinking to himself "why the fuck didn't i say more, be more active in the streets" and maybe it would have been one of the others dead instead of himself.

Now i doubt what i said makes much sense, but i'm tired and its been a long night.

ginsters trudges off to get a well deserved sleep.
Report Post Tip
I Have A My Dick In A Box.

I Don't Know What is going on

:/
Report Post Tip
I too would like to state that I feel there is nothing admirable about any rogue. It is not our way to disrespect the family. Rogues do nothin' but cause trouble and get good people killed. Plus going rogue disrupts everybodies night and thats just bad for business.
Report Post Tip
Uh ginst3rs, you forget the fact that YouSuck was an annoying little prick and didn't know how to express his opinion without pissing everyone off. If he had done a better job of it, he'd probably have been much better received by everyone and no one would have, as you put it, moaned. Furthermore, his counter-arguments (if they can even be called that) were close-minded and selective, draining away any respect one might have had for him. You were right on your first statement, he had a valid statement, but he went about it all wrong and so caused this chain reaction that spiraled out of control. Hopefully his children will learn something from this...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Human Mind
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL