Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 00:51:52
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Giving Homeless Bodyguards a Home Started by: Mudkipz on Jun 11, '09 19:19
This is a two tiered idea, and my last idea dump of the day. I haven't been in the suggestion forum for some time, so my ideas have been piling up.

The basis of this idea is pretty simple. When someone with BGs die, you have the option of using them for target practice as we do now, but with this new system, you have the option of offering them a home and "safety" for much cheaper than usual. This could maybe be moth more likely to happen and cheaper for lower ranking players with lower numbers of BGs. This doesn't happen all that often, but was just an interesting though of mine.

The second tier would be adding a persuasion skill which would boost or lower your chance of success and also the amount earned/spent for all crimes, such as this suggestion, petties, felonies, and possibly haggling drug prices (buying and/or selling).
Report Post Tip
Then a rogue would have easy access to bodyguards after he killed a boss, wouldn't he?
Report Post Tip
Since when did rogues get saved by bodyguards. And that could be accounted for by making it harder for CLs to use this feature, which I like anyway, because they typically can afford BGs with their own cash, donations, and tax earnings.

Very valid point though.
Report Post Tip
Well, all the rogue has to do is kill of the hands of the family and steal the guards from them. Then, he has a damn-near infinite guard.
Report Post Tip
But he's still not unkillable. Look at the example tonight has made. And it's not that easy to just kill a bunch of RH/LHM, and then even if the rogue could, it would be very difficult to get more than three BGs off him at most.
Report Post Tip
In simple words terms is a bad idea.

plain and simple.
Report Post Tip
I'm not so sure this is a terrible idea. Certainly it needs some fleshing out, but to call it downright terrible would be irresponsible of us as admin.
Report Post Tip
This war would take forever.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Fever. The lower ranking players(and the Poorer ones) Should be able to give homeless bodyguards a home...so to speak.
Report Post Tip

"Since when did rogues get saved by bodyguards. And that could be accounted for by making it harder for CLs to use this feature, which I like anyway, because they typically can afford BGs with their own cash, donations, and tax earnings."

He wasn't a rogue but MEM fucked up some people's shit and his BG's made him bullet proof.

Report Post Tip

I would say that this could be possible, but the BGs would be easier to shoot and add less defence (since they've lost self confidence in their ability after losing their last Boss or some bullshit) and they would also only have the health that they had when the Boss died (or less).

I like the idea, but I don't like the idea of having people snapping up tons of BGs on the cheap, even if they are less defence in general.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps it should be a random event sort of thing, for any user that is in the city at the time. The Bodyguard would maybe have a 1/4 of his health reduced on top of what was lost, to sort of play down the incentive.

Anyway, if it was randomized this could be a neat feature.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Giving Homeless Bodyguards a Home
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL