Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 19:52:27
Page:  1 
Can we stop Started by: Rampage on Jun 14, '09 13:17
I know it is nice to have all these new features and that you guys work hard, but the reason I love this game so much is becuase it reflects the old Mafia.org

I love what you guys are doing but all these new features are just making it like mafia.org the new one.

Please guys I know my name isn't famouse or my rank isn't high enough because I just got started playing again. But please can you guys just leave it how it is?

Thank you

Rampage
Report Post Tip
I think these are good feature that go with the theme of this game Rampage. Not some outragous moves like the old .org made. These moves are 10 times better and don't take away from the game, just help to pass time easier with more to do.
Report Post Tip
Well that is true and thank you Marley.

I do indeed like the features but I think it would be just best to leave it as it is.

Many before liked a challenge. To reach Capo or Don, now it's attainable in just waiting and being respectful to the Boss.

I love this game still but please I think it's too many features.
Report Post Tip
"To reach Capo or Don, now it's attainable in just waiting and being respectful to the Boss"

That sounds like a player critique, not a feature problem.
Report Post Tip
Well this is all in respect please it is just my opinion.

But no it is a feature. Back in the "old times" it was so difficult to even reach Don. This is a Mafia returns feature.

Anita worked so hard to become the first GodFather. Not even Ganelon made it. Their character lived twice as long as the GodFather such as Vicodin and Adrian. I don't believe in my opinion, neither should have made it to GodFather. Don yes b, GodFather no.

Can you imagine in the old.org how many GodFather there would be if it was as attainable as it is now?

So Yes it is a new feature.
Report Post Tip
I luff you. So very true. Few things I can see being put into place but meh this has turned into .org.
Report Post Tip
Rampage I would venture that it is incredibly hard to make Godfather. It wasn't a matter of game features that made people Godfather before, it was lack of ability and not being able to go more than a month without having a clear-out war. You forget, Ganelon was under 5 months old when he was about to get Godfather, and he only worked maybe 3.5 of those months on actually ranking. He was IA for the first several weeks of that account.

What's happened recently is unprecedented, not impossible. Marietta took power after one such site-wide war in October, and decided to lead instead of sitting around stagnantly doing nothing or starting a new war each week. From that patience sprung new Godfathers to follow suit. Jealousy stopped being the soup du jour, and acceptance stepped into its place.

There have been big leaders, but they have all had fatal flaws that prohibited them from getting to the top of the mountain. With Marietta in power, those flaws never left, but she has had the patience to accept them rather than to do a cleansing every time someone blinks too fast.

I can honestly say Marietta is maybe the only character who could've put us to where we are, no other group has been capable, because before the Riot! we have to face facts that we were all heathens who were lucky to find the toilet.

And honestly, by the way you have described old .org, then frankly, you can keep it.
Report Post Tip
I do not mean to disrespect you GodFather Rourke, but please read it over again.

People such as Adrian and Brick Pollit and such.

Marietta dose deserve it by the fact it took a year, and I would not be surprised to see your as well. But did you see the burst of new GodFathers I mean Vicodin did not do shit in my opinon.
Report Post Tip
No No, I get what you meant man...

I'm saying that leaders like Vicodin would've been authed anyway on old .org if there was a leader like Marietta taking the reins. I mean, heh, we're nothing if not equal opportunity right? :)
Report Post Tip
Yea your right, but besides the fact of GodFather, what about the reach of Boss and Capo. I mean some reach it in 15 days, before it took months. Im just saying some people just sit back and become Boss or Capo or Don ina blink of an eye, well I will say Don is a hard rank to reach, but in a family of a GodFather it is a quick reach.
Report Post Tip
Brick_Pollitt worked his ass off to get GF and it's a pity he's passed away.

As for it being "easy" to make these ranks? I got shot at Consig and then at Boss. And what's easy to you is hard to another person.

I used posting and petties and felonies and drugs and seldom used JB's. Everyone has a different method to rank and some people have more time then others to interact.

So far, since joining the site back in Feb I have enjoyed and even asked for some of the changes. They make game play better, more enjoyable and spiffier.

And as for the "old" .org? I played it from late 01-03 and people shot each other all the time, making a high rank almost never happened and stability as a community was not really widely available. It's hard to get to know other players when you keep getting your face shot off.

I think my point is, you wanna play .org? Go fucking play .org.

The 7 words of a dying website are "we have never done it that way."
Report Post Tip
Look I also did play in that version, and no im not going to play fucken .org as you say..

Why because they had some major retarded changes.

I just don't want it to end up like .org

To me I liked this so much because it reflects the old .org so much.

Im just saying keep it old school it's better, of course go on with "some" Changes. But not too many as there been many recently.

Mafia.org the new one doesn't even have a RHM position, and im starting to see the sort of changes here that may lead up to that.

Such ad that it dose not say you are invited you are an associate now.

These are of course not a big deal now and a very minor problem, but soon it will evolve into something much bigger and I would really just like to preserve how Mafiareturns is right now.
Report Post Tip
It's all perception I think. People rank quick now Rampage, because they know they'll live. There's motivation to succeed because there isn't a constant fear of death. And with the amount of people Marietta started authing (also unprecedented) the ceiling for success was almost unlimited. When you unequivocally take options away from people and you sit around waiting for a rank as a leader and not doing shit else to keep things interesting or rewarding you are going to kill the drive of everyone around you and be looked down upon by your peers.
Report Post Tip
Well I only reached to the point of MadeMan with Count D until the War with Mckidds and the Reset.

I also did like the community back then alot. It was like a real Mob.

Since the Family's were so big, any part in the upper structer was good. Even subcrew leader.

You had to have your name known. The Mafia life was tough, not an easy way to Reach Capo as you do now.

Marietta I do have to ag
Report Post Tip
Im sorry my last post was cut off.

I agree Marietta is a fantastic player, even as good as my old leader count D
Report Post Tip
Also I would like to point out the promotion factor.

Why can some some people be at the rank of Don and have another Don inside the family.

Please I still do not know if that is a full fact but please correct me if so.
Report Post Tip
You know I think it's good though that leaders that have large faults or their characters in the past have had faults get authed. People are quick to also complain that any current rule is too monotonous or homogenized when there aren't differences or flaws in leaders. Each family SHOULD have its own personality, I'm more than pleased to be referred to as the asshole and Marietta as the nice one, because that means we're doing something right, yeah?

Just a thought.
Report Post Tip
Haahah the Asshole ahahah.

Well yeah you are right, I eman you two will really go down in the history books of the greatest mobsters no doubt.

But please you have to atleast see some of the points you see from myside.

Some people if they make it once with a charecter, they made it the next 4934023840 times.

Why? Becuse it is easier to rank and all they need is one powerful friend that can rank them even though that person hasn't done crap.

I just like some of the old ways alot. The community I can't decide. You are a great leader as well as Marietta.

But I still cannot forget what Count D and secret Agrent also did.

I just don't want this to go to wast like Mafia.org did.

Atleast we have a good admin staff :D Becuase Carcass is mad at his small penis and takes it out on his own game.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Can we stop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL