Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:40:01
Page:  1 
The last of Jokes Started by: Johnny_Kraven on Jun 14, '09 13:22
This is the account of the last few hours of Jokes. He was my ancestor, he was a brave man. I’ve spent the last few hours compiling journal entries and witness’ testimonies to hear about his events in the war. Even though he was one of the first fallen, his devotion to the family was unwavering. The following events took place during the first outbreaks of the war. My tribute to him is this story.

The night was calm, but humid, unpleasant. The kind of weather that just standing there you started to sweat. It might as well have been raining, but it was too hot for even the rain to fall. So the moisture just hung in the air, clinging to you. This is the weather that makes men uneasy and ill tempered. And it was an uneasy night in New York.

Jokes stood leaning against the wall of his family head quarters, smoke in his hand trying to think of anything but the weather, when the crew started piling out.

“Let’s go Jokes, we’re going to Philly.” He was told.

“Thank god, I thought I’d be swimming in the streets of I stood out here any longer.”

“I want you to make sure your guns are loaded and ready to go. Things are getting serious.”

Jokes checked his guns and fell in line with everyone else as they left for Philly. The weather outside was miserable, but the air inside the metal cargo plane was worse. A bunch of men crammed inside a metal plane with little to no ventilation, not the best travel conditions. But Jokes mind was elsewhere. Here is an excerpt from his journal:

I’m on my way to Philly, I don’t know if I’m coming back. The streets are getting violent. More and more men are starting to fall, but I’m not too worried about it. I knew my role when I signed on for this life. Whoever reads this, I want them to know that I hold no grudges, no remorse, this is a job and I will see it through to the end….

When they landed the war went on, and Jokes did his part. The streets went red with blood and corpses. Hours later, the streets started to clear, and the yells quieted. A man approached Jokes.

“I want you to go to Chicago and see how the streets look over there. Send word if you see anything. You did good tonight, but this isn’t over yet. We need to find the stragglers, and round them up.”

“You got it Boss. No problem.” Was the last anyone heard him say.

He took the next flight to Chicago, it was getting late. He walked the streets and didn’t see much of interest going on. He was stuck there till his next flight out so he decided to check out a local dinner. He was the only customer there that late, so he sat down to write his message to headquarters. He sat quietly writing, sipping his coffee, thanking the waitress for the service. It was sometime around one or two A.M. when the shots rang out in the night. And that was the last anyone saw Jokes alive. The following is the page found under Jokes, parts of it are hard to read due to blood spots:

Boss,

I haven’t found any*ne wor** menti*n*** here in Chi**go. The streets are q****, it seems like this was * **** end. I’m sorry to say I’m stuck out here till *** **** flight which is something like two hours from ***. I hope things are going well? L*t m* kno* what my orders are. Keep an *y* **t for my next of k*n, he should be l**king for you today or ********…The rest is illegible.

Report Post Tip
Reverend walks in the the room and passes his hand from shoulder to shoulder then to head making the sign of the cross

I come here today to give my respect to Jokes. His family has been a friend of my family for along time, and though I may not have always agree with everything he believed. I respected everything he had done. This was a mad the new what loyalty truly was. As his family move into this city of ours, and follows in the life, I will be there. I will lead them through as they have lead me. So I lower my head one more time to give my respect to a long time friend R.I.P May angelus incubo vos

Reverend walks our of the room tilts his hat and passes into the shadows
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The last of Jokes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL