Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:09:42
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
You know what I think? Started by: -Vehellione- on Jun 14, '09 20:58
I'll tell you what I think. And, whether you want to hear it or not, here it comes.

I think this war has been fantastic. Yeah, you heard it. And before you say anything, you'll notice that my father died in the war.

Now, you may be asking why I am saying this. It is quite simple. Survival of the fittest.

I think that a good war is exactly what we need occasionally, to weed out the weak, to get rid of the people who are not worth their space in a crew. Admittedly, you lose good people too, but then nothing good comes without sacrifice.

If it wasn't for war, we'd all just rank and rank and there'd be all the highest ranked people, but life would be boring.

I for one, love war. It is most exciting.

V.
Report Post Tip
I just think it's funny when people die.

No need to explain it more than that.
Report Post Tip
I won't actually say what I'm thinking as it's excruciatingly rude.

But war is not fun. It's hell.

The planning and positioning and panic. Lack of sleep, total exhaustion, how is any of that fun?

Seeing people you love on both sides die. How is that exciting?

You are entitled to your opinion but I for own will never be convinced of wars place in this or any world.
Report Post Tip
War is hell. That's what makes it so much fun.

Seeing people die who are from other families, is not fun. My cousin lost some dear friends but he put his family first and died for them. I'm sure he has no regrets.

I agree with you, V. War makes room for others to rise to the top. Only the strongest survive.
Report Post Tip
"V"...you died in the aftermath. Keep that in mind there...when trying to make your position seem more reasonable.

Survival of the fittest you claim? What kind of fittest? Mental? Physcial?

Tell me, where does Don Cruel get put in this picture? Don Mac? RourkeyRourke? I can go on with any family...

These are not the fittest survivors you see here, only those that have been fortunate to make it through. I'm assuming you have not had anybody you care about die on the other side of the "fence". That is...if you do at all.

Well I have...let me tell you, I'd rather spend my time ranking and engaging with my fellow mafiasos at bars and clubs than shooting them. Or lecturing some young'un who doesn't know the way things work around here...

Wars will happen again and again, there's no point in trying to argue the fact. It is never fantastic...I feel bad for all the new players who will got SHOT because there are not enough families to take them in.

That is what war is. Loss.
Report Post Tip
Okay for one Adalheidis, my father Vehellione did not die in the aftermath he was actually killed by Godfather Brick_Pollitt (GRHS). And what position exactly are you speaking of?

Yes, Survival of the fittest. And it is in no specific way.

All of the people that died obviously did not have the edge over their opponents, therefore they were the 'less fit' and did not survive.

You're assuming a whole heap of shit then as my father and his RH were killed, along with the dreams of running his own family which were cut short.

And yes, of course people would much rather sit around doing fuck all. But this is the mafia, no?

You say war is loss, I say you have to break eggs to make omelettes.

V.
Report Post Tip
Ignoring the fact that a couple of recent wars have pretty much resulted in obliteration of the ranked population, its place in this thing of ours is unquestionably necessary. Cutting to the chase, I love it.

You are entitled to your opinion but I for own will never be convinced of wars place in this or any world.

I think you might be in the wrong place. I'm not sure if anywhere exists for you in 1930s America, but perhaps in the future people will invent places called social networks, for like-minded individuals to chill out, do group hugs and have a grand 'ol time. Cosa nostra isn't one of those, so you'll just have to put up with wars in the meantime.
Report Post Tip
War is healthy. But I don't think it's just for the sake of getting rid of the weak. If you got rid of only the weak, where would the new breed come from? This world of ours would be set with the same people after every war or so. No change, just the same old faces, killing those new ones that just came late to see what has been left for them to follow.

War is there to prove forces adamant and opinions put into action. It's all about making a stand and fighting for it. Not about killing or dying. It's more of how it happens rather than what happens when that bullet hits you right after.

If it were just about the dying, it would be more of genocide with a few collateral on the winning side.
Report Post Tip
I love wars I'm always gone when they happen but if I'm around I think they are really fun. what's the point in being a mobster if their is no risk involved?
Report Post Tip
My ancestor was cut down near the very beginning of the war, and I myself still love it. It's why I bother walking the streets, and working my ranks. In hopes for a day that another war breaks out.

No one likes to die, no one likes to see people they like go down. But as others have said, if not for war, we'd all be bosses and dons sitting around looking at each other, sitting on fat piles of money...may sound sweet to some, but that sounds like a dull life to me.

Im also not saying I'd like war to happen every day. But it's good to have every now and then to refresh the ranks.

If you don't like that fact that you could die a violent death, you're in the one lifestyle.
Report Post Tip

If you don’t like that fact that you could die a violent death, you’re in the one lifestyle.

*cough* I choked on my words, I meant "- you're in the wrong lifestyle."
Report Post Tip
I love that you've expressed this opinion so, and that you're not sore about your father's demise. War to us is as the burning of a forest. From the destruction, we rise anew from the ashes. Without the cycle of life, destruction, death, and rebirth, we would all linger for all time, rotting from the inside out.

Think about that next time you're upset about wars killing you. Not directed towards you V, towards anyone who was mad.
Report Post Tip
war is part of a mafioso's life. This was going to happen and on my perspective dying sucks.
Report Post Tip
Don Mac was WB'd by a WG with out a Crew...
Report Post Tip
I agree war is good every once in a while it will show you a mans true character. Wether or not they deserve to hold their rank.
Report Post Tip
I honestly can understand both sides of this here and as a survivor of the war i do mourn my family members and allies as well as some respected opponents. My biggest concern however is the decrease in size of population which could have helped bolster future crews and given increased income to this thing of our's.

The truth is there will be harsh words and confusion where many felt thrown into a war with little information sometimes not knowing who was friend or enemy; or even why their boss joined. So my blessings to the dead and my hopes that this is not a regular occurance.
Report Post Tip
I kind of agree with you vehellione, War is exciting and is a very necessary feature of life in the mafia. It allows people to use their skills they've been honing for so long on the homeless and lazy and acts as a kind of spring clean when things become too stagnated. It's right that you should only be at the top by being the kind of person who can survive these big wars but this one in particular has left a bit of a nasty taste in my mouth. Partly because I didn't bother to brush my teeth during long periods of it but also because people from both sides have been so bitter and taken it all so very personally - spitting and urinating on gravestones, viewing their opponents as the epitome of evil, hunting down peoples' offspring, massive slanging matches in the streets etc. If people can't take a step back and realise that we're all just trying to have fun here then the Mafia is going to become a very dark place indeed.
Report Post Tip

Patrick, the side-show of name calling is what interests me personally. You can see what a person is really like from the way they treat their foes. Plus it gives you something to read and listen to in between flights..

Report Post Tip

-Vehellione- so kind of you to wait till after I was killed to reply. The position you took by the phrasing of your words. Must I explain it....

Before you attempted to explain your point, you informed us that you father died in the war. By saying that you were pointing out that you suffered the same fate as the rest of the fallem and can give the opinion you trying to do at the moment.

By the way...if my assumption is correct, the Gangster V was your father. If so...you were killed more than 24 hours after Brick-Pollitt. Stop lying.

If I'm wrong though, that chiding can be ignored.

Some of the people that died were unaware of the war. Again, war doesn't always spare the most capable. Luck is still a factor in all that takes place in Our Thing.

I don't assume much and all assumptions are put up against what facts I know. I don't conjure up heaps of "shit". But again...were you not a gangster?

Your last two statements aren't adding anything important to the discussion, so I'm going to gloss over them.

As I said before "Wars will happen again and again, there's no point in trying to argue the fact. It is never fantastic...". Look up fantastic please... Loss and a new beginning are the result.

Report Post Tip

I'll keep this short as you are wasting my precious time :)

You do not know nor understand my family tree, so please do not act like you do. My father Vehellione was killed in the war.

Yes, these people were unaware, maybe because they weren't 'aware' enough, or they didnt get out of bed enough times to know what was happening. Either way, their opponents had the edge.

No, I was a Consigliere.

Nothing important? I think not. If you actually read into the saying 'you have to break eggs to make omelettes', and i'm explaining this to you in easy to understand terms here, is that sometimes you have to have bad things happen for the ultimate good.

How can you 'gloss over' people sitting round ranking up with loads of money and nothing to do? I think that's the most important thing. Regardless of arguments, wars will occur. People get bored.

V.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You know what I think?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL