Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:11:52
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Premier and his View Started by: Premier on Jun 15, '09 14:33

And i'd also like to thank Birday for his contribution to the war, without him we couldn't have won.

He helped our side so much it was amazing.

Report Post Tip

I like to bird hunt. I go on the weekends with my best friend Che Guevara.

Report Post Tip

Interesting speech Premier and a lot of truth in it. Many, many good people died on both sides and hopefully it is laid to rest now. But I did want to point out a couple of things in my ancestors' diaries who were in the war.

I was doing the right thing, so that the next day I'd be able to look myself in the mirror and be ok with what I have done. I know Detroit would have fully been there with us and now Las Vegas as well. If you can't count on your friends, then you might as well be LA

From what there diaries told me, the cities involved in the war against Philly and NY were all friends, so why is that so different from you backing up your friends - the city of Detroit?

The other notable error - and of course with all the hustle and bustle of war, who could blame you for not knowing every detail is this

What I did not understand was why Chicago wanted to join, other than them being persuaded by certain power hungry, greedy women in their crew.

Again, notes in diaries make me question this. According to my great-grandmother, after the GodFather was killed, there were no Chicago leaders available - all away on business. Now, she being the only woman in any of the families' hierarchy around at the time, I can only assume you meant her. She had a conversation with GodFather Rourke in a coffeeshop, whereby it was agreed that with none of the leaders available she would pull Chicago out of the war, which she did. Shortly thereafter, the Chicago leaders arrived back home and overrode her decision so that they were back in the war again. I am sure you can back these scribbled notes up by asking Godfather Rourke who I know to be a truthful man.

At any rate, as I said just wanted to clear up a few details as I think most of us and our ancestors all have some confusion as to details. May all who died on both sides rest in peace and may our world grow and prosper back to what it was again.

Report Post Tip

Not that I disagree with the sentiment Butt_Ox, but perhaps talking of splashing cold water in the faces of those who are failing to act like mobsters, then threatening to kill someone and their ten closest friends to prove a point, is not the best demonstration of mobster realism.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Sure it is. A common tactic is to go after the wife or kids of someone who has betrayed the family, owes money, has embezzled from the family, or cannot be found. I don't know where you got the idea that a mobster would not resort to such ruthlessness. It is one of the oldest tactics in the book. Albert Anastacia once had killed the families of four men who broke into his house and stole his money. As for the four men, they were brutally tortured and killed.

Report Post Tip

Hm.

The second in command/leader of the most powerful crime family in a city orders the death of eleven people, believable. Your own point is an indication of this "Albert Anastacia once had killed the families..."

The second in command/leader of the most powerful crime family in a city personally shooting eleven people to prove a point? Not so much.

Nor do I think it was common practice for any common mobster to kill eleven people to prove a personal point, particularly should all of those individuals be involved in organized crime.

A more appropriate, if dull discussion, would be what allowances are we forced to make to mobster realism given our surroundings? However, this is not really the place.

~T~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Premier and his View
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL