Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:25:12
Page:  1 
New Town - New Opportunity. Started by: Pepe_Le_Pew on Jun 16, '09 10:41

A young man dressed in tattered clothes, takes his first step off the dirty old passenger filled boat. I takes a deep breath, inhaling the new American air deep into my lungs. I looked around intrigued but slightly confused as I have no clue what to do here. I hear someone whistling but pay no mind to it, not thinking it is for me.

"Hey kid....hey....hey you"

I turn around to see a well dressed man motioning me to come over. I slowly begin to make my way over to the man not to sure as to what he could want.

"hey kid....wanna make a quick buck? I noticed you are fresh off that there boat so I know you can use it. You see that man over there....right there....no the one in the white suit...yeah yeah him, that guy. Well you see I owe him a little cash but the problem is I only have half of it so I want you to take this here envelope over to him and tell him it's from Charley. Can ya do that for me young man?"

The man reaches into his inside jacket pocket and pulls out a envelope. He grabs my arm and places the package into my hand quickly.

"Make sure he gets this kid I don't want to have to come looking for you."

As the man finishes he quickly turns around and walks off into the distance. I stared down at the package and then back up into the crowd before turning around and spotting the man in the white suit. I looked down at the envelope one more time and try to remember the mans name. I took a deep breath and when I looked up, the man dressed in white is nowhere to be seen. Confused on what to do now, I quickly run off in the direction the man was at. As I rounded the corner of the old building I noticed the man hoping into a long black limo.

"Sir....Sir....wait sir, wait I have something for you"

As I approached the limo I saw the window roll down and the man in white peeks around staring you up and down. He looks into my eyes with this deep, mysterious look almost as if he was looking through me.

"What could you possibly have for me kid? What is so important that you needed to interrupt me?"

I cleared my throat and began to speak

"Well sir, I had just arrived here on that there boat and a man asked me if I would do him a favor. He said he was gonna pay me if I delivered you this package. He said it was money he owed to you but it is only half. He said his name to Sir but I really don't remember it."

The man looks you up and down once again before taking the envelope from your hands and slowly opening it. I watch him finger through the envelope and watch his lips move as if he is counting. He looks back at me and watches me stare blankly at him rifling through the package.

"Curious one aren't you kid? You wanna see what real money looks like? take a look here, this is what hard work get you."

The man tilts the envelope in my direction and flips his finger through cash. I catch the brief smell of fresh money and instantly know this is what you want...fresh money. The man looked me in the eyes and asks me casually.

"so kid, you wanna come work for me? it's not the greatest work in the world but it will pay well. I will take are of you."

I look up at the man with a slight grin on my face and reply...

"Yes Sir, I would love the opportunity to make a little money working for you. You have my absolute loyalty Sir."

The man smiles and strokes his chin before reaching his hand out the window to shake mine. I slowly ease my hand up to his and firmly shake it. The man says in a strong voice,

"The names Tripoli, Marco Tripoli. Come meet me at the old warehouse on 42nd street and we will talk more about your job. You gotta name kid?"

I grasped his hand firmly and reply

"Yes Sir, the name is Pepe, Pepe_Le_Pew. I just want to thank you for this opportunity sir this is a great pleasure. I promise I wont let you down"

The man smiles and pulls his hand back into the limo window. He quickly rolls up the window as I take a step back and watch the dark limo roll off down the road. Having no place to go I make my way over to 42nd street to find the warehouse to make sure I are on time tomorrow. I found a small abandoned, what looks to be old security guard booth and decide to take up shelter there for the night. I lay there awake for a little bit anticipating tomorrows events.

To be continued...

Report Post Tip

42 street in the city, there is a great dirty water dog place just around the cornor on 41 and broad. owners name is Jimmy Irish guy tell him the Rev sent you.

Report Post Tip

Interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about this story.

Report Post Tip

Very good story. Can't for part 2.

Report Post Tip

o0o nice, eagerly awaiting the sequel.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Town - New Opportunity.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL