Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:41:10
Page:  1 
Attention to All Started by: Don-Ramon on Jun 16, '09 11:26

Attention to my fellow members of "The Life".

I've been wondering why i got into this and what attracted me to being what i am now.

For me its just the thrill of doing a job and doing it right, getting the respect from your superiors for completing a job. And ofcourse i love the money I mean who doesn't.

SO whats your reason.?

Report Post Tip

Sounds like you're not wondering any more. Those sound like very good reasons to join the life. I, on the other hand, don't have any particularly good reasons. I joined because my father before me was in the life. And his father before him. And so on and so forth. I really didn't have a choice. I went on some job interviews, but everybody knew my family's history so I wasn't having any luck. So, in the end, it's just my father's fault. The bastard! Personally, I wanted to be a fireman.

Report Post Tip

It's different for all of us.

I mean, I can't really say I was attracted to this way of life. Yeah, the money's nice I suppose, but it's not like I woke up one morning, had my coffee, and decided to be a gangster. For me, it was more like fate--not that I really believe in that stuff.

I had a good life before. It wasn't anything glamorous, but I made a modest living. I worked at my father's bookstore. One night as I was closing up shop, I heard some shots fired in the street outside of the shop. I thought I should check it out and see that everyone was okay. When I got outside, I found that I man had been shot and killed, and the shooter was long gone. I couldn't leave a body outside of the store though--as soon as word got out that a dead guy popped up outside of my dad's shop, no one would shop there. It would ruin him. So, I did the logical thing and got rid of the body. Needless to say, the cops found out. They showed up right as I was tossing another plank of wood onto the fire. In retrospect, a bonfire in an alleyway isn't the best of ideas, but hey, I panicked.

Anyway, they charged me with a whole mess of felonies, including the murder of the poor sap. The jury was only too happy to see me locked up. When I got out of prison, my cousin said he could find me work. No one would hire me, so I took him up on it. He swore up and down it was legitimate. It wasn't. It was too late to back out though--I already had done and seen too much. The job's grown on me since and I can't really see myself anywhere else, so here I am.

Report Post Tip

I have always wanted to be a gangster. My father and grandfather were in the life before me and I always admired the respect they received anywhere they went. Nothing else even seemed remotely interesting when compared to the life of a gangster. What else is better than being part of a family that focuses on honor and loyalty so heavily. The satisfaction one gets when the higher ups recognize your efforts through blood and sweat to promote you is unmatched. Money a good reason to be in this life as well. Anything and everything you ever wanted is there for the taking. Even so, I would say money is one the lowest ranking reasons I have to be in this life. Being a part of this is the only thing I could see myself doing.

It wasn't a hard choice for me.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Attention to All
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL