Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Announcement from the Detroit Castle Started by: Marietta on Jun 16, '09 17:55

The time had come, and she knew it. Outside the noise of the crowed swelled and faltered from time to time. It seemed that they had been there for years. The men and women were all homeless war torn orphan people, and they had taken to rattling the window shutters outside her bedroom window at night to remind the Godmother that they were still there. And homeless. And asking if they could please get into her Castle. Which she totally would've said yes to, but unfortunately the State Board of Mafia only allows Godfathers to have very selective and small personal headquarters.

Anyway, we digress. Finally, after one of the unsponsored harassed her associate Kates by trying to rip off the woman's dress and sneak into the HQ disguised as the young RIOT!er, Marietta knew she had to take the step to make amends. On that fateful Tuesday she braved the storm and dashed outside hand in hand with her Right Hand Rourke. Matt immediately bolted the door behind them, in case the worst happened- like some sort of riot or siege, and he, Davidoff, Jessie and Willie watched wide eyed and fearful from the windows as their Boss began her speech, standing on the steps that lead to her Castle that was behind the makeshift moat.

Ladies and gentlemen of the public. I realize that you have been out here for quite some time. This is why I have chosen to come and speak to you this very day.

My favorite number is, well, seven. But half of seven is three point five. So I am here to make three point five announcements in regard to my fine city of Detroit, Michigan.

Half point the first: I will be out here speaking about the war later this evening. There are a few things that I have not had the chance to say, so please look forward to that. And yes, I realize we are in a housing crisis. Godfather Rourke, Godmother Aurora, Don Odd and I have already began to speak about how we will solve this situation to the best of our ability, and I daresay we are working on a plan that will blow most of your socks off.

Now, since you are all so much more relaxed knowing that we are taking care of things, I have a few exciting announcements to make.

Full point the second: Return_of_Ghost, as already announced by Godfather Rourke (thank you, Thomas!) has become one of my Detroit Captains. A long standing member of the Detroit Crime Syndicate, as well as a very old friend of my bloodline's, I am confident in saying that many people are excited to see this man get his chance in the driver's seat. The Revival will certainly be a welcome and wonderful addition to my already awesome force of A Plus Captains.

Full point the third: PedroRourke was also authed by Godfather Rourke (on my behalf) to become the fourth Detroit Captain. He is a man of infinite wisdom, charm, grace and humor, and he is a man that I am extremely honored gets to work for me as a Captain after working with his bloodline for so long. Congratulations to him and his family, Retribution Rourke Rockin' the Riot. That's a whole lotta Rs.

Full point the fourth: And speaking of R's, as it's a letter I'm most fond of, I decided that because of the amount of homeless we have without a family to work for, that I would break my normal tradition of four Captains and have opted for a fifth. For the past several months Rhuarc has been our "handy man" of Detroit, filling in positions that needed to be filled in Captain crews and generally just being there for the entire city when we have needed him. This has not gone unnoticed by me or my associates, so it is with honor today that I am authing him to become the next Detroit Captain, and the last addition to the Fabulous Five.

I hope you will all help me to congratulate these three men as they take their first steps of leadership in our fine Motor City. Also, I want to thank you all for your continued patience as far as the crew situation goes. We will do our best as fast as we can to assure that every single one of you get a proper chance at a crime lifestyle.

Thank you, that is all.

Quickly, like a jungle cat, Marietta grabs Rourke's wrist and they dash back towards the Castle doors. With matched intensity Matt and Willie pull the doors open to allow their Boss and Right Hand to run through, before slamming it firmly closed once more. For good measure, Jessie threw the dead bolt and Davidoff sat next to the door with a shotgun for the rest of the evening.

Report Post Tip

WOOOHOOOOO RHUARC !!

MY BABY RHUARC Congrat bro go and make us proud brother

Report Post Tip

Congrats Rhuarc!

I can't wait to start working with you!

Report Post Tip

Superb news Rhuarc, it is long overdue that your bloodline should have another crack at the big time. You will not disappoint! Congratulations pal.

Report Post Tip

Congrats to you all i know that you all deserve it. Now lets make some money.!! :-)

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to everyone.

Very good things indeed!

Report Post Tip

Congrats and good luck in this new endeavour

Report Post Tip

"Last but not least!!! Last but not least!!!

I thought we discussed you'd say the last BUT NOT LEAST addition to the fabulous five!"

As I grumble CruelFace kicks me and points to crowd.

"Thank you Marietta, for your kind words and for this opportunity, I shall endeavour to help you build Detroit back to it's former glory."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to all of you. I look forward to working with all of you men.

Report Post Tip

Congrats everyone!

Edward skips off while whistling.

Report Post Tip

Wonders if bobbing around in a small duck shaped paddle boat on the moat is a bad idea

Congratulations to the new Bolds! I can't wait to see new, great things from all of you!

Paddles furiously to the back of the Castle and runs inside as people begin tipping her duck.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Rhuarc seems like old times. I look forward on seeing what you will acomplesh

Report Post Tip

Rourke sends an extremely expensive bottle of wine to Rhuarc.

Rhuarc, my man, I am pleased to see you reach this lofty goal and look forward to visiting your HeadQuarters with further bottles of wine for us to enjoy.

Rourke raises a glass of gin to the street.

To Rhuarc!!! One of the finest men this world has seen!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Rhuarc. Glad to see you where you are. Best of luck to you .

Report Post Tip

congrats Rhuarc and thanks for helpin out!

everyone appreciates!

Report Post Tip

Congrats Rhuarc

Report Post Tip

Very well deserved!

Congrats Rhuarc!

Report Post Tip

Congrats Rhuarc

Report Post Tip

I want to extend a certain congratulations to PedroRourke and Return_of_Ghost for becoming Detroit Captains also.

Report Post Tip

Congratulions to my boss now PedroRouke, Return_of_Ghost and Rhuarc for becoming a new Family in DT family.

congrats to all!

Cheers

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Announcement from the Detroit Castle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL