Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 08:04:50
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
:O) Started by: FlyingMonkey on Jun 19, '09 06:31

Smiley Faces. Sad Faces. Faces in general that are represented by punctuation marks. And those hearts. <3.

"COLON CLOSE BRACKET" "LESS THAN THREE THREE THREE THREE" "EQUALS CLOSE SQAURED BRACKET". This is what your character is saying when you post these things in a street thread. Unless (which I doubt) you are rping a mobster who has some form of tourettes which involves the utterance of various gramatical tools, then using emoticons in street threads isn't something you should do.

Well, you can if you want. It just gets on my tits a bit, and I wanted to get it right off my tits. Or chest. Whatever.

And Tallien, you can stop with those tildes as well you big twat.

Cheers

Flying Monkey :D

<33333333333

Report Post Tip

O.o

Report Post Tip

~T~

Report Post Tip

Oh Hai - Smiley Face

Report Post Tip

( >'_'>) <( '-'< )

Report Post Tip

\0/

Report Post Tip

I really hope you realised what was going to happen to this thread before you posted it FlyingMinge

:) :| :( :'( <---- Story of your life

Report Post Tip

That is not the story of my life. There is no universal emoticon for perpetual bum rape.

Report Post Tip

3===8

thats the best i can do, Lets just say the 3 is the bum and the bellend is already inside.

HAPPY?

Report Post Tip

Why aren't any of you taking him seriously?

he has a very valid point.

Report Post Tip

I agree. You should write like you'd talk. Which is why I stick to non-standard grammar. And I know both FlyingMonkey and FlyingPig love it.

Report Post Tip

I agree this thread should be taken ALOT more serious than it has been. I also think the same applys for people who say lol in the streets. You sound like a moron not a gangster.

Report Post Tip

I know a guy who says "L.O.L." And another who says "lol". These two haven't been seen since.

Report Post Tip

My character has a rare illness that manifests itself in the form of ending his contribution to discussions by saying ~T~. 

He would have mentioned it, but probably didn't think it was any of your fucking business.

I do it in OOC, because I'm a right old card.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Well, I don't know if I ever have said :) in a street post... but I know I say "lol" out loud IRL  just for the heck of it.  :D

Report Post Tip

I agree, some of these are unnesscary, sometimes we use them because it is hard to get the whole message, like we would in person, over the internet where we don't hear the tone of a person's voice or see their voice.  This results in the meaning of a message being lost occasionally.

Report Post Tip

(///*_)

Report Post Tip

koi, for that you can *describe* what your character is feeling or what is his facial expressions.

CrazyNine walked through the door and frowned upon a few people that took this way too far and couldn't admit that FlyingMonkey has a valid point.Then he uttered a few words.

Do you see what I mean now?

Report Post Tip

When you get all >:(  I get very :(

I agree, they don't belong in street speech.

Said Mr. Pickles with an approving nod

Report Post Tip

I only use them in funeral posts. And even there I should probably turn my gun on myself.

Smiley faces SHOULD NOT be used in the streets. What you type there is what you're speaking. How often do you hear people say "I agree with the original speaker. He's a great man! Semi colon parenthesis." in actuality?

NEVER. NO ONE EVER STATES PUNCTUATION OUT LOUD.

I know it's not as "easy", but this can also be achieved by writing simply, oh, "Marietta smiles." Or "Marietta frowns". Or "Marietta don't like this shit so she twists her face up like some squiggly line".

Seriously guys. Let's be creative!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: :O)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL