Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 20:53:41
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Exploitation at it's best. Started by: Mikhail_Kamarov on Jun 28, '09 01:04

Forgive me as this is a common issue amongst us. I guess issue might not be the best word I'm looking for but I feel its definitely an exploitation.

As I have been doing crimes and strolling the streets, I can't help but notice the amount of people getting demoted to purchase Bodyguards. Bodyguards at a mass amount due to the less amount of money you need to purchase them.

Is this an exploitation? 

I think it is in my eyes. As it is coded in the game you can purchase any amount of Bodyguards at any rank and as your rank is decreased, so does the cost of the Bodyguard.

My idea is to have the cost of a Bodyguard only increase with rank/age. And to not decrease at any means necessary. Just because you are getting demoted, why should you have the luxury to purchase Bodyguards at mass amounts when you're being punished? A demotion in anything, is a punishment not a reward...

Any ideas?

Report Post Tip

You're right, this is kind of bother me. If the Gods can change it not base on ranks but how many bg's you have.

Report Post Tip

Anymore ideas anyone has to offer?

Report Post Tip

Sometimes it's not being handed down as a punishment. The CL could be using it as a strategy. Different Families do different things.

Report Post Tip

Might I suggest prices based roughly on the minimum amount of days it take to get that rank.

Thug then a day later gangster then two or three days later the prices are that of a goomba regardless of your rank...then after another 3-7 days earner prices... etc.

Report Post Tip

I personally believe it would work better by as someone ranks the price for bodyguards go up and even if there demoted the price stays equal to the highest amount that their rank.

This allows reflection on real life as when you rank you become more famous or more well known to other mobsters so more of a target so even if you get demoted you still have that reuptation you don't just lose it as your demoted so BGs are not going to want to work or get hired for cheaper just because your at a lower rank.

I hope that makes sense.

Report Post Tip

Sometimes it's not being handed down as a punishment. The CL could be using it as a strategy. Different Families do different things.
Reply by: Cecil_Smith at Jul 03, '09 09:55

That's exactly what makes this an exploitation of the system. I've always had issue with this being done, because demotions were created as a punishment, not to make building high defense simpler. Now, as it's not currently against any rules, they're aren't breaking game rules, but they are exploiting the system in ways that it wasn't meant to be.

On this idea though, I think it needs a bit more work. We've had it suggested before that we add time limits back into the ranking when one gets demoted. This is on the to-do list. As far as I know this is as good an answer as any to the bodyguard demotion problem. Odd, if you don't think that's a good enough answer, then please, think this idea through more because I don believe it holds potential, just don't think it's there yet.

Report Post Tip

Obviously i just let the cat out of the bag that Odd is Mikhail_Kamarov's dupe name... my bad....

>_>

<_

Report Post Tip

I think its a part of the game, but an exploitation? That's a little extreme, its an obvious part of the game that's available for everyone to take advantage of. Do i think is a little shady? Yea...but welcome to the struggle to getting powerful faster.

Actually I think you will find that Izzy mentioned in another thread about 'punishing' those that use this funstion...min times and stuff.

Odd shrugs

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Exploitation at it's best.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL