Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 12:09:27
Page:  1 
The Coffin Shop Started by: Stefan on May 08, '15 22:57

Stefan dusted off the counter and headed towards the door. He was reminded of 2 weeks ago when he found this particular store. A run down hut with one barely lit window. He knew it would be perfect for his needs. He had been in hiding for many centuries now and was tired of it. He was once a fearless ripper to the vampire world now here he was hiding in the shadows afraid of what might be around the corner. He had made the decision to step out of the shadows. He had recently joined with a family named The Freak show where he seemed to fit in perfectly. 

He had been wandering through the streets one evening soon after he had joined Fear and his crew. There were bodies laying in the streets still. Families and friends mourning for their loved ones that had been taken down. He thought long and hard about how he could stay strong and well stocked up on blood without killing innocent people? Seeing all the dead bodies gave him the idea. He would open a funeral home. He would "prepare" the bodies for burial. He grinned as he found the store he was now standing in ready to open. He turned the sign around to show that Stefan "The Ripper"  was now open for business and stuck a piece of paper up in the window that read:

The Coffin Shop

Recently lost a loved one? Let us help you. We offer very affordable services for the afterlife. Rest assured that once you deliver your deceased loved one they will be in excellent hands. All prices include preparation of all bodies.

Please find below our basic prices. Enquire within for special arrangements or if you have any questions.

Traditional Burials - $3000

Cremation - $2000

Body Disposal Service (Enquire within)

Additional prices:-

Silver Casket - $2000

Golden Casket - $5000

Platinum Casket - $10,000

Small Print that you really shouldn't bother reading: We accept no responsibility should anything happen to the body, this includes the theft of any belonging or the body itself. We cannot offer protection against grave robbing. Once caskets are closed they may never be reopened. Should you see your loved one wandering the streets do not be alarmed it is more than likely in your head and certainly not the result of them being turned into a vampire.

Report Post Tip

It had been a few days since ZzDiamondzZ had been killed by a rogue. Luckily though the coffin ship had been built in Freak Town making it much easier to get funeral preparations done. He wanted to get the best coffin he could possibly get and he had heard that Stefan had a few special coffins come into his inventory recently.

He had already been walking down the streets of Freak Town ensuring everything was going well so on his way he stopped by The Coffin Shop. He walked inside where Stefan was sharpening his blade which he swore he never used. As he approached him he saw Stefan hide the knife and act innocent asking what he could do for him.

He looked at Stefan and slightly shook his head as he said "You know ZzDiamondzZ funeral is coming up and I want to get her a nice coffin, I heard you have gained a few special ones recently and I would like to see it and know how much it would cost me. I personally want her burial to be special as this is not something I ever wanted to see."

Report Post Tip

After stuffing his knife under the counter he moves forward to greet Fear. Having seen ZzDiamondzZ death he knew it would not be long before he had his first customer.

I am sorry for your loss Sir ZzDiamondzZ was a terrific women. I have just the thing for you, follow me. 

He led Fear to the back of the store to a poorly lit room. We recently "acquired" some very precious stock that I think you might like. He pulls back a curtain to expose a shiny platinum hand crafted coffin. Even in the poorly lit room this coffin stood out. Every tiny detail was etched perfectly. On it had hundreds of tiny hand crafted roses along the edge and on the top was a shiny plate ready to be engraved. He looked back at Fear and walked past him.

This one is on the house. I will leave you to have a closer look, come find me when you are ready 

He slipped through the door to the front of the store, leaned on the counter and continued to sharpen his knife while waiting.

Report Post Tip

Fear followed Stefan back as he revealed a rather good looking coffin. It seems to be nearly perfect to what Diamondz would have wanted. She loved the more decorative designs as her profile was such to her at least. He walked around the coffin to ensure the design kept up all the way through and it did. He was rather impressed but it looked expensive.

He called Stefan back into the room as he finished examining the coffin and said "I really like this coffin, you guys have done great work with it, it would be perfect for what Diamondz would want, the question is how much does it cost? I mean I am not too low on money by any means but obviously I still have to pay for the burial and things of that nature so a price tag would be nice."

Report Post Tip

Stefan rolled his eyes remembering how stubborn Fear was when it came to money. 

As you wish he said lifting the lid of the coffin to expose a white interior made of the finest material. As stated our platinum coffins are $10,000 this includes preparations of the body and any other requirements you may wish for.

He extended his hand in Fears direction.

Do we have a deal Sir?

Report Post Tip

Fear looked back at Stefan and shook the mans hand. He then watched as the coffin was hauled out of the shop and into the back of a truck sturdy enough to hold it. He then took an envelope out of his pocket that contained the ten thousand dollars he had expected this to cost and handed it to Stefan.

Now he had to figure out how to go about planning the funeral itself as everyone was to show up to it. They did not really have a graveyard here yet and he doubt anyone was going to make one. He looked back to Stefan and said "Where should we have the burial at, there is no graveyards here. I think Downtown may have a big graveyard but I do not know much about it."

Report Post Tip

I think Downtown would be your safest bet. They have a rather large space available right now which would be perfect. Come let me close up shop and we can discuss the funeral arrangements over a drink. 

He quickly locked up and took Fear to another room it had two very large sofas a small table in between them and a fine selection of alcoholic beverages. He picked up a rather expensive looking bottle of liquid and poured two glasses. They took a seat and started making plans for DiamondZ funeral. They discussed who was invited, song choices, who would speak, the type of service they wanted and of course the times and dates. By the end of the 2 hour discussion and half a bottle of the finest whiskey money could buy they had agreed on all the arrangements. Stefan sat back feeling his work here was done as he watched Fear who also seemed extremely pleased with the decisions made. He chuckled to himself as he remembered that humans could actually get drunk off this stuff.

Report Post Tip

Spring had been putting off a very important event in her life. She wasn't entirely sure why this arrangement was left to her but she finally came into some money and thought it would best be suited in a cremation of her best friend. Her best friend had recently committed suicide and left everything to Spring.

Spring knew for a very long time that her friend was unhappy but she never saw this coming. Her friend didn't have anyone else in the world but her so a cremation would be best she thought. Putting on her best smile she walked into Stefan's coffin shop. The doors had been locked until Spring took it upon herself to let herself in. Business hours should always be upheld she felt.

It took her a minute to find someone who looked like the man whose identity she was given previously. She hesitantly approached him and waited her turn a little ways away from them. She did want to give them privacy of course.

Report Post Tip

After leaving Miss_Senza's pizza place Afghan-Mango makes his way down the street and sees Stefan's Coffin Shop coming up ahead. Since he hadn't had the chance to stop in yet he figured now was the best time since he really didn't have anything better to do at the moment. Walking up to the front of the shop Afghan looks up and takes the building in, he then enters and yells. "STEFAN!!!" While he waited for Stefan to come from wherever he was hiding Afghan started to look around the shop and checking out what kinda Coffins Stefan was even selling. 

"Damn, are these solid metal caskets?! Holy hell!"

Afghan walks back to the room that's gleaming from the gold and silver caskets within.

Report Post Tip

A few hours had passed by and Stefan could hear someone in his shop. He quickly grabbed Fear and threw him out the back door making sure he landed in a skip full of rotten old food so as to cushion his landing. Smiling to himself he shut the door and made his way back to the store to find a young lady standing at the counter.

Hello Ma'am what can I help you with today. He stood and listened as she informed him of the passing of her friend and how she was looking to cremate her friend. I think I may have just what your looking for. He said as he led her to a room. Of course for cremation we have several options. Might I suggest this fine solid Oak casket. I hand crafted it myself early this morning. It is perfect for Cremations. 

He noticed something in the corner of his eye momentarily and looked over to see his friend Afghan-Mango eyeing up the caskets. Poking them and running his hands across them. Do excuse me Ma'am I will let you have a think about it come and find me when you have had some time to look around.

He walked over to Afghan-Mango quickly and pushed him back out the door. Don't put your hands all over them I cleaned those this morning. Are you after anything in particular? 

Report Post Tip

After being pushed back in the main room by Stefan, Afghan pushes Stefan aside and runs back into the room filled with metal gleaming caskets. Afghan jumps on one of the gold caskets and starts rubbing his hands and face all over it so someone, hopefully Stefan has to reclean them.

"Oh, did I just do that. My bad! I just really like shiny things. Not really, but what do you think Scuntie would say if I came back with one of these and put it in his office while he was out playing with himself? I think we will do that and find out! Give me a gold one, but I don't want it all smeared up like this one!"

Afghan walks up to the counter and tosses some money on the counter top and turns to walk away.

"This will get delivered for me right? I'm not walking this fucking thing all the way back to the HQ!"

Report Post Tip

Stefan glares at the human being smearing his face all over the coffins. And thought about how he should consider making his friend here a coffin just incase something awful were to happen completely by accident. He watched as the man trotted out of the shop and apologised to his other customers. He picked the money up off the side and phoned for a truck to deliver the casket to the HQ. It would be amusing to see Scotts face after all he thought. He then went and observed the mess his friend had made. He thought perhaps it was time to find some poor person to work for him. So he decided to place a flyer in the window. 

Help wanted Enquire within

Must be willing to work long hours for low wages.

Must be comfortable around dead bodies.

Must be able to keep his/her mouth shut when told to.

Report Post Tip

Spring looked around at the option that Stefan had shown her. She ran her fingers over the Oak and smiled. This would be absolutely beautiful for her friend. Turning to check on where the young man took off to she decided to take a browse at the other coffins to kill some time.

Regaining the man's attention she flashed a smile.

"I'll take the Oak one. Do you happen to arrange for the body to picked up? She didn't have family so it will be a very small affair of well.. "

Spring paused briefly.. A sadness falling across her face as she thought about it.

"Well it'll be just me. If you could cremate her and possibly put her in the nicest urn for me that would be wonderful."

She waited patiently but then began to add something else.

"Money isn't a problem."

Report Post Tip

Fear had barged back in the door as he was rudely thrown out while minding his own business. It seems Stefan was a rather rude business owner especially when people said he sparkled. Which was an interesting thing considering that he truly did sparkle.

As he ran back in and found Stefan he pointed at him and said "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Oh I like How Far You Are Looking Up Up In The Sky You Will Sparkle Until You Die."

As he said that he ran out the coffin shop as fast as he could considering he did not want to get attacked by the Vampires but he could not allow Stefan to insult him like that without some sort of retort.

Report Post Tip

Turning a corner on her way to Stefan's Coffin Shop, Maeve stops as a man she recognizes as Fear runs straight into her. She isn't sure if it's fear or giddiness she sees on his face, but it definitely looks like he was running from someone. Or something. Whatever it was, it was in the direction of the shop. Maeve smirks and shakes her head. He was probably running his mouth about how Stefan sparkles in the sunlight. Crossing her arms, she stands her ground and stares down the Don.

"I'm sorry, sir. Were you on your way somewhere?"

Report Post Tip

"Doesn't hurt to be prepared. The sooner the better." Murphy mumbled under her breath as she approached the shop. It was nice, clean, formal even. The shop was cool and empty and dimly lit as she stepped inside. Samples of wood, fabric, paint, and even hardware were neatly lined up. On a shelf were urns that could be purchased as well to store ashes in after cremation. It was a logical choice, should she ever die, to be cremated and have her ashes scattered in her mother's home country of Ireland. One of her brothers would likely take care of that should she meet an untimely end. Both of them had chosen to stay out of the family business and instead worked the pizza place and other businesses around Chicago and New York though they provided a legit front for their sister's dirty businesses. 

After quite a bit of deliberation, she chose to go with a small gold chain and glass urn bottle to hold a small amount of her ashes permanently as well as a ceramic urn to hold the rest of her until they could make their way back to the Emerald Isle. With cash she paid for the cremation services and materials outright and signed the paperwork that would ultimately provide security for her final corporeal days. Once done with her affairs she stepped out of the shop again and into the bright springtime sun of Detroit, confident in her choices. 

Report Post Tip

Britney was bored, she just finished up playing with the mayor at the carnival and truly wasn't sure what she should do next. Walking back to her apartment she walked down the streets of Detroit singing in her head. She wasn't paying attention to anything, the screeching tires of tires were heard up and down the street as she strolled through each intersection without even looking where she was headed. When she finished singing her song she stopped and looked around, trying to figure out where she was.

"Ah look the business district"

She figured this could be a good way to waste some time, plus if all else failed she could stop in at her bar and see how things are going. So she hooked a left and headed into the business district, she passed a bakery "To early for anything sweet" she said to herself and continued down into the district. She passed a couple more shops, none of which really interested her. That was though until she passed this odd little shop, it was one she never really seen before but that really isn't saying too much considering how much of a space cadet she was at times... well most of the time.

In the window was a tiny coffin, way to small for any mobster to be stuffed in. Intrigued by this she decided to check out the store, she put her hand on the knob and opened the door. A bell rang, you know one of those ones that signifies that someone has entered. The sound of the bell almost made her break out in another song but a deep voice halted that.

"Why hello there, been a little while since anyone has been in here... please please have a look around."

Britney looked around trying to figure out where the voice was coming from but she couldn't figure it out there was no one in sight. She thought to herself "Am I hearing things again?" She looked around once more finding nothing yet again, she then just shrugged her shoulders and started to look around the shop. It didn't actually take her too long to figure out what this place was all about. There were caskets everywhere: old looking ones, new ones, shiny ones, big ones, small ones, even some that were in color. She walked over to a shiny platinum casket but her hands on the handle and was about to open it when that same deep voice spoke directly into her left ear. 

"I see you have some expensive taste"

The voice startled her, she quickly let go of the casket, gasped and turned around. She held her hand on her chest.

"What the hell, you scared the shit out of me"

She looked closer at the guy "Stefan.. is that you" He let out a deep laugh "Yes, yes it is. Nice of you to stop by my little slice of heaven Britney."

Britney started to laugh, the fact he called this his little piece of heaven seemed kind of ironic. It was a sick twisted humor, one that she had learned and had become quite fond of.

"So tell me... Hows business?"

Report Post Tip

Business is booming he exclaimed I am finally making a decent living he paused, thinking about what he had just said I can't say the same is true for my clients ​he smirked as he ran his finger tips along the seal of the casket Britney had been about to open. He looked up at her to see her reaction then glanced around the room. Have you seen anything you like or are you perhaps here to enquire about my body disposal services he laughed knowing what she had been up to earlier that day with their guest back home.

​Britney stood admiring the shiny caskets and told stefan how she had been passing and was curious about the store. Business was quiet this particular day and he knew Britney had recently opened up her own bar so he suggested that maybe they head over there and she could show him around the new place. He had her wait by the main counter while he disappeared off into the back for a few minutes. She did not like to think exactly how this place was being run. When Stefan came back in the room he was wiping a tiny drop of blood off his upper lip. She shivered but made out she had not noticed. He quickly locked everything up and they headed out the door together towards Britneys new bar

Report Post Tip

There was something kind of creepy about the whole situation in this coffin shop, Britney stood there for a moment trying to figure it all out but once again got caught up singing a random tune in her head. It was something she did often, especially when she was in deep thought. Her brain knew it was working too hard so it basically switch subjects on her and often.

It was the sound of his fingers running across the seal of the coffin that snapped her out her song. She heard Stefan ask her a question about the coffins and if she saw anything she liked but before she could reply he brought up his body disposal services and that he knew what she was up. This kind of freaked her out of a moment she was about to ask him what he was talking about but they she realized he was talking about the mayor. She chuckled for a moment.

"That poor Mr. Mayor"

She looked back over at Stefan

"I was told not to kill him, so there is no need for a disposal service... that is unless you are telling me to go back there and uhm finish it."

She waited for Stefan to answer her but he quickly changed topics on her. He brought up the fact that she had just opened up a bar just around the block and was meaning to go check it out. Britney quickly jumped at the chance to go check out her bar once again.

"Lets go, drink are on me of course and all night. That is if you can handle it."

Stefan chuckled to himself, as he directed her to the main counter. Telling her to wait right there and that he would be right out. Britney was kind of curious what he had going on back there, there was a dark black curtain that covered the entrance to the back. She tried to peer back there but the curtains closed to fast. So she stood there and waited, she closed her eyes for a moment. Once again she began singing in her head, for a moment she forgot where she was the song got her dancing around as she bobbed her head back and fourth.

Suddenly she heard Stefan clearing his throat, he was once again standing right behind her. She jumped yet again falling backwards this time over her own two feet landing directly on her ass.

"Damn you Stefan, why do you always have to scare me like that."

She picks herself up off the floor, dusting herself off. She let out a small giggle. "One of these days I'm going to get you back." She looked up at him, he had a small drop of blood on his lip, she pretended not to have noticed even though she kept taking quick glances to see if it really was what she thought it was.

She kind of shrugged it off as he ushered her towards and out the front door. She watched as he locked the shop up, the two then started heading down the street towards her bar. She noticed along the way a couple of people were looking at the pair quite strangely, when she turned around she noticed a woman talking to a guy. She was pointing at Stefan and then her lip, seems that blood was freaking people out. Britney tapped Stefan on the arm, he looked at her "What?". She hesitated for a moment.

"You have a little something on your lip."

Britney smiled at him as she watched him use his hand as a napkin wiping the blood away. He nodded at her as the two entered her bar.

Report Post Tip

Midnight placed her hand on the door and pushed it open with a loud creak. The place was dusty and gloomy. Knowing her father it probably always looked this even at its prime. She closed the door behind her and looked around. She walked across to the counter and walked behind it. As she was trailing her fingers across a shelf on the counter something metal sounding fell to the floor. She looked down startled and picked it up. It was her fathers knife. She had heard all the stories about his attachment to it, she thought they had buried it with his body. The place was creepy she felt as if she was being watched. After a long sigh she thought it was time to check out the stock, she walked out the back and found all the caskets along with a small room branching off from the main floor. She walked through the door and was confronted by a small office it looked more like a mini bar lounge. She walked over to check out the alcohol stash there was still some pretty fancy stuff left here. Picking up a bottle from the mini bar she slumped onto the sofa. She pulled out a note from her pocket it was the note left from her father explaining everything about who he was the life he led. She knew there was some dark stuff but never knew just how dark it was. She did know however that although she was raised and living in the streets of vegas she just had to keep her fathers original store up and running. 

Midnight had just gotten back from the bar, she had been there trying to persuade a drunken Britney to help her with the cleaning up of the store. Unfortunately she learned that Britney was tragically gunned down and this meant she would have to tidy alone. I could just leave the cobwebs and mess she said out loud to no one in particular it adds character after all. She smiled at her new excuse and after many more drinks decided to just do a little tidy. When she was done she walked back to the counter picked up her fathers knife and placed it in her own pocket. She walked back to the door and turned the sign around to announce they were open for the first time in a over a month.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Coffin Shop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL