Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:28:52
Page:  1 
Hey Canada: Happy Dominion Day Started by: DiamondJim on Jul 01, '09 15:17

HAPPY DOMINION DAY!

That's right folks, it was on this very day in 1867 that the British North America Act came into effect uniting the British colonies of Upper and Lower Canada (now known as Ontario and Quebec), Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. This union created the Dominion of Canada! Pretty cool eh!

The Northwest Territories along with the provinces of Manitoba, British Columbia and Prince Edward Island all joined the Dominion of Canada in the 1870s.  The Yukon joined in 1898.

Not that long ago, 1905 I believe it was, Saskatchewan and Alberta also joined this great nation of ours.

By the way, I heard a rumour that the country of Newfoundland may be joining us soon. I think they'll make a grand addition to this great nation of ours (especially with those Grand Banks! (Although I heard that there was a bit of a problem with Newfie Bank Robbers drowing while trying to rob them...)

(A little future history for our period gangsters: Newfoundland and Labrador won't join Canada unitl 1949.)

Whaddaya think - should we annex Saint-Pierre et Miquelon? Is it worth another war with France?

meh ~ we're already the world's second largest country!  ;) 

Let the celebrations begin!

Report Post Tip

Thanks DiamondJim for the history lesson :) forgot some of that.

Happy Canada's day!! Or Dominion's day!

Report Post Tip

Thanks DiamondJim! Happy Dominion's day!

Report Post Tip

Enjoyed the History Lesson,Thanks

Report Post Tip

And Happy Dominion Day to you as well. It's nice to be reminded of our colourful history!

Report Post Tip

Runs in with a bottle of maple syrup for all in attendance.

Happy Canada Day all! Thanks for the reminder of how everything happened to start the wonderful country of Canada!

Report Post Tip

Happy Canada day from Australia :)...Actually my area in Sydney is called Canada bay...I have no idea why it has somethign to do with some explorers.

So its been an awsome day for me lol lots of fun :D

http://www.canadabay.nsw.gov.au/

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Hey Canada: Happy Dominion Day
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL