Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 03:51:06
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Contacts Mass Mail Started by: SalvatoreMaranzano on Jul 01, '09 20:02

The title says it all really, A simple way to send a mass mail to everyone on your contact list. Maybe by putting something like #contacts or #contactlist or something similar in the To: box would do it.

Don't exactly know what else I can say about this.

Pros:
Very easy to send mails to your contacts, especially if you have over 10 contacts.
Can't imagine it being very hard to code.

Cons: Are there any? :S

Report Post Tip

I think that only CL, rhm and lhm should only have power to mass mail. I think it would get over used if everyone here can do it and it could over flow alot of mail boxes.

Report Post Tip

Maybe have it where your CL has to give you the ok to have access to mass mail?

Report Post Tip

I agree with you Salvatore and you Wayne.  I think it would be nice to be able to mass mail, but it would happen to much.  Plus not everyone in my contacts is in my family.

Report Post Tip

I think it's a very good idea in theory, but no doubt something that could be abused very easily.

If some individual goes to a solid amount of trouble to add a good amount of people to his contacts list (let's say he just takes the 60 second list and adds them), then he would easily be able to just spam up a massive amount of users with no way to prevent this.

In order for this to be a viable idea, in my opinion, it would require some sort of accept/deny feature for the friends list.

Report Post Tip

In order for this to be a viable idea, in my opinion, it would require some sort of accept/deny feature for the friends list.

Clearly I meant "contacts list" here. I HAVE been dreaming for this to become like myspace, though.

Report Post Tip

Nice addition Rourke.

A accept/deny feature with the lists would work. However it would take a very sad and someone who probably needed help mentally to spam a load of people that way.

Then again they are around, game advertisers could also take advantage of this.

I definately agree with the accept/deny suggesstion.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Contacts Mass Mail
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL