Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:02:03
Page:  1 
Dinner With Patrick Started by: Deimna on Jul 02, '09 00:16

I had had the most tiresome day imaginable. Deimne had me running around the headquarters organizing many different things. On top of that I had to meet with the local federal drug agent in regards to a new enterprise I was looking to start up. I had to earn my keep financially and was busy down in Manhattan and Queens collecting payments. All this and it was not even supper time. I decided to stop by the Monkeys' Gentlemen's (and Ladies) Club for a rum and coke before even thinking about what I would do food tonight's supper.

I had just finished my drink and was going to pay my tab and leave when the bartender placed a sealed note and a refreshed glass in front of me. I took a sip of yet another wonderful rum and coke and opened the envelope. Inside was a handwritten letter:

Deimna,

Meet me outside in 5 minutes. I have some very important business to discuss with you. My car will be right outside the back door.

Deimne.

Although exhausted from the day, I could not disobey the boss. I continued sipping my drink until 4 minutes had passed. I then got up, walked through the back room where the boys were playing cards like usual and exited out the back door. Deimne's car was already there; I opened the back door and got in.

"So glad you could join me Deimna. I know today has been very long for you but I have one last request for the evening. It will not take much effort on your part actually and you even get a free meal out of the deal." Deimne smiled at me his amazing smile; he knew I could not turn down any thing he asked of me especially with that smile beaming at me.

"It seems Patrick O'Sullivan has decided to venture out on his own and not give the family their fair cut in his earnings. He was approached once already to start paying up to me through his Capo, he denied the accusations and has refused to pay. I know for a fact what is going on and his time has come. There is a reservation under your name at The Ristorante on Centre Street. You know the one right?"

I nodded.

"Well bring Patrick there; I don't care what it takes to get him there just do it. Like I said there is a reservation there already for 7pm. Have a great dinner. Afterwards when you are leaving, leave your purse under the table, walk out the front door with Patrick, once outside mention you have forgotten your purse and ask him to wait for you by the door while you grab it."

Deimne then slipped me $100 to pay for dinner and kissed my cheek before having the driver open the door for me. I had to think quickly, time was ticking to convince Patrick to join me for dinner and get to the restaurant. I went back inside the club; Patrick was there playing cards with some of the other Monkeys. I grabbed one more drink and walked over to the table he was at.  I sat down beside him and was dealt into the next hand.

I knew Patrick was a single man and thought I could use this to my advantage. Probably why Deimne had asked me to assist him with this to begin with and considering Patrick was not a handsome man, any attention from a woman would cloud his judgment. I would touch Patrick's arm each time he won a hand. Finally at 6pm I turned to him and said "Patrick, I had plans to meet up with someone else later, but unfortunately the last time I went to the restroom I was informed they had to cancel. I already have reservations at this great Italian restaurant down the road a little. Would you join me for supper tonight?"

I could see Patrick's eye light up. A woman asking him out, let alone the right hand man to the crew he was an associate to, he was delighted to join me for supper. I signaled to my driver to bring my car around, we got in and drove to the restaurant.

As always I ordered a glass of red wine and lasagna. Patrick ordered beer and spaghetti. Just as I was starting to feel bad for the man across from me and the fate I knew was in store for him later our dinner arrived. I had been to this ristorante a few times, always for special occasions, it was a classy joint. But Patrick, he had no class. He slurped his spaghetti and had half the table covered in sauce in no time flat. I was completely embarrassed to be seen with him. Thank god Deimne was paying for this or I would have walked out right there and then.

Finally the dinner had ended. I did treat myself to a glorious piece of chocolate cake to make the worst two hours of my life a little more enjoyable. I was again stunned by Patrick's manners when he actually let me pay the tab. What good standing man in this day and time allows a woman to pay for dinner even if she invited him out? I kept my emotions in check and my displeasure hidden as we left the restaurant. Upon stepping on the side walk I told Patrick I had left my purse inside and asked him to wait for me. I could see the jet black car across the street and again felt just a slight bit of guilt as I turned back inside. The last thing I heard as the door closed behind me was five gunshots and some people screaming. I walked to the table, got my purse and left out a side exit to my waiting car.

Report Post Tip

Great job on this thread.. Is this a story? Because if it is, I'm dying to know what happens next.

Report Post Tip

Wow I Love it, you're doing great Deimna !

Report Post Tip

The next morning I awoke a little later than usual, after the busy day the day before it was to be expected. I went down stairs and put the kettle on to make my morning tea and stepped onto the front step to retrieve the newspaper. Once my tea was made and the sugar was added, I sat on my patio and read the paper. Of course there was no mention of the man being shot down on Centre Street last night. The publishers knew where their pay check came from, Deimne owning the local papers sure kept us out of the spot light.

I showered, put on one of my new outfits and went out towards the car. I give my driver two days off a week so I can keep my skills up and give him a rest. This was day one of two for him for the week. As I walked towards the car I sensed something wasn't right. I went back into the house and called the boys. They were used to my womanly paranoia by now and always humored me by rushing to my rescue. This time it was warranted though. There was a bomb under the hood of my car.

Who could have done this? I jumped in with one of the boys and drove straight to Deimne's office. He called as many of the guys together as possible. Finally Stevie arrived. He had grown up near Patrick and had some inside information for us. Patrick had a brother. Word was Patrick had warned his brother that we were looking at his business practices. He told him my schedule and told this brother getting me would hurt Deimne badly and to start with me.

It seemed we had a hunt on our hands. We knew it wouldn't be long before the O'Sullivan family would be mourning both Patrick and Gerald.

Report Post Tip

Deimna,please keep it up !

Report Post Tip

Damn very good keep it up

Report Post Tip

Write more please, i'm captivated.

Report Post Tip

Keep it coming. I am very intrigued by this story. Can't wait to hear more

Report Post Tip

Sipping a glass of neat scotch, he leaned back into his chair. He was utterly captivated by the story. He knew all the details, he knew how it all turned out, but even knowing the details couldn't bring the tale to life the way Deimna could. He glanced at one of the Monkey Cage waitresses. Another round was on order for all those listening to the tale. He didn't want anyone disturbing Deimna with something as insignicant as a drink order when she launched into the next section of the story... things were just starting to get interesting. Thinking back to the day in question, he slowly stroked the small scare on his left hand. There were a few details that maybe even Deimna didn't know about that day. As the drinks arrived, he threw back the last of his whiskey to clear room for the new glass. Looking up, he saw Deimna was about to begin, as a hush silence fell over everyone lucky enough to be in the Cage for the sharing of such a story.

Report Post Tip

puffing on some bubble kush

starts clapping

Damn-it Deimna you've done it again! Enojoyed!

Report Post Tip

The word "addiction" comes to mind here.. I need more :) V.good. Can't wait to see another :)

Report Post Tip

You know Deimna, I never tagged you as the story teller, but this is quite lovely. Keep it up, I'd like to see more.

Report Post Tip

"No wasting time here" Deimne said, "Stevie where would we find Gerald? Your source give you any indication of his next steps or where he could be hiding".

"I have a few ideas boss. I don't think he has a next step yet............he was acting on emotions from last night but I know of a few places Patrick and he would hide as kids, when they ran away from home."

Stevie told us of three locations he thought Gerald could be hiding. Deimne took control after that and broke the 12 of us into 4 groups to each search these locations. He gave us a 3 hour time limit after that point, successful or not in finding our new enemy, we were to meet at an abandoned warehouse down in the industrial area. If someone were to find Gerald they were to bring him alive to our next meeting place.

Our three times broke up and went on our assigned searches. I was in a group with Philip, Michael and Stevie. We were to go to the woods, there was an old fort there that the two brothers used to play and hide years ago. We drove near to the location and split up as to surround the fort. If Gerald was in the area he'd have to place to run. We neared the target slowly; we didn't want to tip off anyone we were in the area. But we quickly learned Gerald was not there. No signs of human life were found in the area.

We returned to the warehouse with 30mins to spare. Time seemed to tick by while we were waiting for the other teams to arrive. Finally 10mins before our set time another team arrived, also empty handed. We all sat and waited. Most were not speaking, nerves on edge. The meet time came and went. Deimne was in the final group, him not being on time was alarming. As the minutes ticked by we all started thinking the worst. Finally the door opened. The other three men entered. As I think by now I realize this is how the boss would have wanted it. He would have brought in the man who so nearly took my life himself.

Although Deimne knew this was not a smiling time. I do have to say I believed he did have an angry smirk on his face as he lead Gerald into that warehouse. A chair was dragged to the middle of the room and Gerald was made to sit in it. His body was tied into the chair, his hands placed on his lap before be restrained, his legs tied tightly to the chair legs.

Deimne spoke first, "Gerald I am sure you know why you are here. The only thing you don't know is how this is going to send. I haven't even decided this myself." With this Deimne produced an ax, he handed it to Stevie and nodded. Stevie walked forward, he grabbed Gerald's right hand and with the ax he had taken from Deimne, he cut off Gerald's right hand. I can still remember the screams to this day.

Report Post Tip

Keeps getting better. I hope to see more

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dinner With Patrick
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL