Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 21:29:17
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Bodyguards Started by: Sherminator on Jul 03, '09 18:55

"I don't really care who is in power whether it is myself, you, Clipper, or BrianRourke" - No need to worry about BrianRourke (RIP) he's dead.

Whilst I agree that it is stupid for people to wander about with 80+ bodyguards (especially at the ranks they occupy when first buying these) I think it would be unfair to impose these restrictions on a 'live' game. I've felt this way many times when changes have come that will unbalance the playing field, in either direction. Introducing this would destablise the existing powers who legitimately earned their positions with the current conditions, when they were both favoured and hindered by them.

Should this change be introduced, it should be done so where everyone faces the advantages and disadvantages at the same time, from civilian. Anything other than this should be done so after taking the opinions of those who will be most affected by any potential change as we can all talk about fairness and pretend that we're all not in it for ourselves, but I find that tough to swallow.

~T~

Report Post Tip

"I just think something needs to be done to over come the unbalance."

Just so you know, right now the balance heavily swings in the direction of wacking.  There is less work involved to build your gun X number of wack points than it takes to buy (not even including maintaining) the equal amount of defense points gained by the bodyguards.

The last thing I want to do is penalize someone who works hard to benefit someone who refuses to work.

In the previous war, out of the hundreds of members that were against DT and NY, a grand total of 2 shots were taken at ThomasRourkes BGs.  Two.  2. (holds up two fingers).

Because you cant one-shot someone who has put in 10x the work you did, that doesn't mean the system needs to be changed.  It means you either need to work harder, or get more people involved whos total work exceeds the target you are trying to take down.

A grand total of 2 shots in 3 days were fired on ThomasRourke's BGs by a group of hundreds of enemies.  I just can't reward people who are unwilling to even click the button required to kill a bodyguard.

I am now recording all wackmath related to bodyguard kills.  When we get to a war where a person or a group of people with more combined work and uses proper strategies goes against a lessor group and still loses, I will gladly change the system.  Until then, you need to be willing to click the BG Wack button to get results.

Report Post Tip

Yes becouse you could have like 10000000000 BG's

Report Post Tip

I think the current bg system is fine, maybe place like a 400bg cap but thats bout it. You may think 400 is extreme and not realistic.....but then there are lots of things in this game that arent realistic.....and we have to consider fairness......for example marietta earned her right to get what ever amount of bgs she has. And Squishy bring up an excellent point about the previous war, the side that my previous bloodline was apart of organised a poor attack. If someone say has 200bgs.....with 50 hitters those 200 could be 0 in 4 hours. So to be honest i dont think the bg system should be changed, if you want someone dead who has an extreme amount of bgs then plan a proper attack.

Some may say "well you are VWP and dont want to lose your body guards" but let me tell you this, Squishy has developed fairness with this game because sure some of us would never reach EWP but for example my last character Snip was WP(9bgs) yet he survived 3 days of war and was the last one left on his side. I survived using pro shots so a OWP GF didnt outlive a WP Don because pro shots are available to us to even out the playing field.

Also if we are able to continue to develop our gun then we should also be able to continue to develop our defence.

Report Post Tip

I am now recording all wackmath related to bodyguard kills.  When we get to a war where a person or a group of people with more combined work and uses proper strategies goes against a lessor group and still loses, I will gladly change the system.  Until then, you need to be willing to click the BG Wack button to get results.

Izzy, I think the fallacy of this logic is that when person A (especially if they are a CL) has 50 BGs, the odds are that these have been financed by an entire crew's earnings and donations. Though I agree wars should be more all encompassing and more 'bit part' players should be brought in to BG wack; I ultimately feel that in nearly all instances, the work put in to finance EWP or OWP is nearly always going to outstrip the work put in to remove this.

Report Post Tip

I agree with u. Leaders should only have a certain amount of guards to make it realistic.

Report Post Tip

Last I heard was the BG cap was 122 or 127. Something like that. If someone has more than that I'm sorry but that's unfair. I know I'm just Asylum and all but I have been apart of a "hardworking" HS and did help drop a few bgs behind kendra and billy. At consigliere with 52 kills I killed 2 godfather bgs and only wounded the other 4.

Now let's think about this. Me having 52 kills at Consigliere and not able to kill every BG I shot at is a bit ridiculous. I dropped Capos and Made men but not a bodyguard? Bullshit in my mind. Anyway the whole hardworking thing. We'll say ThomasRourke has 150 bodyguards. Well if I shoot at him over the span of 72 hrs and only hit one third of the time that's 24 dead bodyguards. So in turn that'd take roughly 6 hitters to shoot and not miss shooting by one second to get him unprotected after 3 days. Well I hate to be the bare of bad news but even though a lot of people are training most hitters for one side or the other get's wiped out quickly. When I was Aftershock we took out CH and LVs hitters in only two waves. Yes that was 4 cities vs. 2 but those 2 had about 10 or so more people with 100+ kill guns and probably another 10 or so with 50+ and so on. Well in turn the BG defense boost may not be as good but the amount definitily is harder to over-turn than you think.

So in reality let's say we got 3 families. All 3 CL's were smart and trained to get about 150-250 IA kills and have been killing others for 72 hours but have managed to keep pro'd and alive. Well they started we can say with 15 hitters behind them vs. 4 leaders with about 40 hitters behind them. Well even if 15 hit every shot they take on the first wave and second. The 4 families still have about the same amount of hitters that could come online and take out the 15. Basically what I'm getting at is there's nothing wrong with BG's except the cap shouldn't be higher that 80 at most 100. We need more cities honestly and people to quit bitching but work harder and be disciplined in what they're doing.

I'm not trying to lead a mass take over I'm just putting into perspective the difficulty of it. Some people make it sound too easy others make it sound impossible, but it's not. Also if the points for each IA wack go down that would only cause a bigger problem in total. The last thing that needs to be done is make it harder to kill targets that should be fairly easy to kill. I'd say 30 kills and made man should be enough to kill a godfather bg depending on answers.

It's not the amount that needs changed it's the difficulty in hitting them.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Bodyguards
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL