Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:44:52
Page:  1 
"What does Integrity mean to you?" Started by: eL_BooBlies on Jul 03, '09 23:23

<< eL_BooBlies [Spanish for "The_BooBlies"], leans towards those who will care to listen.  waving his hand in front to brush away any smoke if you are puffing>>

"I ask you this what is integrity mean to you?"  "I think it's your self worth, and of Steadfast adherence to a strict code.  And that is something you youngsters need to learn, and many that have earned privelages in this thing or ours need to teach them.   It's the ablility to follow these rules that have allowed us to continue to do this thing in which we do, and punishing those who choose not to follow these rule.""So I'll rephrase my question to you what is Integrity to you and will you do what it takes to conserve this thing we have when the time comes?"<< eL_BooBlies [Spanish for "The_BooBlies"], Stands up prepares himself to leave this place, and pauses for a moment waiting for your answer. If you take more than thirty secs to answer he responds with... >>"Don't worry youngster it took me some time to figure out my meaning of Integrity, but am still alive i hope you have the same luck I did growing up.  Have a great night."<< eL_BooBlies [Spanish for "The_BooBlies"], starts to walk out placing his Hat on and grabbing is umbrella. >> "Looks like its going to rain." {said lightly)

Report Post Tip

Integrity is what separates the good from the great, the great from the legendary.

It is standing up for what you believe in, and defending that belief with your life if necessary. It doesn't matter if you are illiterate or a member of the intelligentsia, nor is it gender specific. Young or old. Rich or poor.

Each and every one of us knows wrong from right. It can be hard always doing the right thing, but a person of integrity shrugs off criticism and deflects negativity and stands tall when all is in chaos. You conduct yourself accordingly in all situations, you put the needs of others before your own, and the word "quit" is not a part of your vocabulary.

You give your word and it is tacitly understood that it is a solemn vow that you will not break. In this thing of ours integrity and honor are inextricably intertwined. You make a promise, you keep that promise. You owe a debt, you pay it off double. Integrity is not just a word we bandy about when we want to build ourselves up, it is a principal tenet of our way of life.

Report Post Tip

Judge_Holden has hit the nail on the head. I don't think that it could ever be explained in a better way than that for how it relates to our way of life.

I will ask this though, and sorry if you think I am hijacking this thread, but could everyone raise a hand here and say they would give their lives to prove their integrity and loyalty to or would you suddenly lose all your ideas and principles to live a lie? Would you, as Judge_Holden said, "quit" and scuttle into the shadows?

I would assume every single family member here would do so. However, Assumption is the mother of all fucks ups as my great grand pappy used to say.

Report Post Tip

Integrity is the thing most sought for! the very fabric of this games existance! how ? one might ask! it has been my experience in this game and others like it, that those that participate in games like this often portray a propelled sence of who they would like to be in real life! or at least their Ideas as to a perfectly safe world that they would like to live in! after all this world is a virtual world and therefore one can be anything they would like to be!  how is this of any relaition to our question? simply put; integrity places an emphasis on safety! in number's { the family setting } in one's sence of well being!  { a guarded personality! in our ability to change without consequence! } so what is Integrety! ?  it is GOOD! and everyone wants it!

Report Post Tip

RIP i have no ideas whats you meanz

Report Post Tip

I too agree with Judge_Holden.  That's probably why not too many people have seen fit to make their way to this particular street corner.  Not many of us could say it better than it's already been said. 

It is, without fail, the way we should live - with honor and integrity.  I saw one particular definition that sums it up pretty well:

"Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code."

I know, it sounds weird to talk about lving the mafioso life by adhering to a strict moral code.  But we probably define morality differently, and just because we fracture the occasional law doesn't mean we can't live by a code of ethics.  We can, and should, live a life of integrity. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: "What does Integrity mean to you?"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL