Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:34:16
Page:  1 
The Story of Tie: Part III Started by: Tie on Jul 06, '09 05:28
Report Post Tip

Apparently I fell asleep for a moment. My apologies.

After one more break, Tie finishes off his water, and stands up in front of the crowd, for the final part of his tale.

Alright friends, gather round, its finally time for the culmination of my story. This is not an end-point in any way, shape, or form, as my story...ALL of our stories, continue each day we live and breathe. This part just takes us up to the present time, where my story will continue with all of you becoming a part of it. Let the story begin!

Upon arriving in New York, I was greeted warmly by Boss Premier, and the rest of the Family. I began there as just a gangster, but my past experience came in quite handy, as I quickly worked my way up the ranks.

I started out doing the usual, snatching an odd purse, knocking over some liquor stores, just the regular stuff, keeping my head low, and staying out of danger. As I worked up the ranks though, I started doing more and more involved crimes, making more money for myself, and my Family, but also increasing the danger.

The danger I faced each day, brought out the intensity that got me noticed, back in Toronto. Once again it got me noticed, this time by Boss Premier. Whenever war would pop up, he would take me with him wherever he went. My gun wasn't good enough to kill anybody, but I was another target they could go for, instead of Premier, giving him more time to recover in between shots.

Soon after, I was promoted to the prestiged rank of Made Man. Becoming Made, was one of the proudest moments of my life, but it made me lazy. Rather than embracing my new status like I should have, I just hit a low, and pretty much stopped doing everything. I felt like I had achieved a big goal, but rather than looking for a new goal to accomplish, I just coasted. I lost the ambition to crime, I stopped even looking at the streets. It was like I hit a metaphorical wall, and I didn't have the strength to move through it, or the motivation to find a way around it.

I got to the point where I was staying in my house for days at a time, sleeping for most of it, and blocking out the rest of the world. When I would leave my house, the entire landscape changed since the last time I ventured outdoors. Friend passed away, other friends passed me up, many becoming Right or Left-Hands, some even getting the chance to head their own Families. This motivated me enough to get to Capo, but once again, I fell into a slump.

It became clear to me that it was gonna take something huge to get me off my ass again, and little did I know that something was right around the corner.

It was Friday and the weekend was officially started. I went in my house late Friday night, and turned the radio on, full-blast. I heard a few shots outside, but I just turned the music up even louder, thinking nothing of it, and I eventually feel asleep.

When I finally woke up, Monday morning, I decided to venture outside. Everything seemed the same as it did Friday, if a bit quiet, but it was a Monday morning, that was to be expected. I picked up my paper, and and sat on my front step to read it. I thought it was a prank at first, but slowly I realized that, during my weekend-long sleep, all hell had broken loose, and the entire face of the community had changed.

The entire community had banded together against the cities of Detroit, and New York, after the Godfather of Chicago was shot down. I figured there was no way we have won against all those Godfathers, and that they had just missed me somehow, so I hurried inside and grabbed my gun, shutting the blinds, and locking the doors, before sitting down in a corner to continuing reading.

As I read on, I was shocked to find that, somehow, against all odds, New York and Detroit eliminated Godfather after Godfather, the war dragging on all weekend. Many lives were claimed that weekend on both sides, among those lives, many of my friends and family members. I felt terrible that I was locked away, safe in my house all weekend while everybody around me was dying, giving up their lives in a war that I should have been a part of.

It was then, that I realized I was needed. The community had suffered huge losses, and those of us who were left, needed to step up . I started being more active in the streets, vowing not to let my friends' and family member's sacrifice, go in vain. Shortly after I had found a purpose again, my street activity had paid off.

First, Premier achieved the rank of Godfather, after putting in a lot of hard work, and long days. Upon achieving the rank, he chose me as one of the select few to go with him to his Godfather HQ, something I was very proud of. That's not all that happened though.

Shortly after that, Premier received a phone call from Godmother Aurora, requesting my services. Premier let me go to Vegas to be with Aurora, something I am eternally grateful for, and soon I was set up as a Captain of Aurora's, which is where I am today. With that, we reach the end of the story.

I guess you could say the moral of it, if anything, is don't let life beat you down. For ever grey cloud, there's a silver lining, and you should always look towards that bright spot. You aren't the only person who's had it tough, and chances are, somebody's been through, and are going through a lot worse than you are.

Its never too late for a second chance. If you're in a slump, find your saving grace, and pull yourself of it. you never know what might happen if you just try.

Report Post Tip

Great story Tie I really enjoyed it.

Report Post Tip

yea second that man good read

Report Post Tip

x3.. I love having something to read.. and especially when it's something decent.. I liked it.. Good read..

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Story of Tie: Part III
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL