Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:28:19
Page:  1 
Britney's Pub and Karaoke Started by: Britney-Spears on May 22, '15 22:52

Britney was getting ready for the day as usual, she picked up her hair brush looked in the mirror and started to brush her hair. She debated if she wanted to but her hair up in pigtails, it was a look she was very familiar with and decided why not. She reached for a couple of hair ties placing them around her wrists for easier access. She started with her right side, then went over to her left side matching it up exactly to the other side. She stood back and looked at herself in the mirror. 

"What the hell am I thinking, I can't wear my hair like this. People would never respect me if I walked around the streets like this."

She reached up taking her pigtails out looking back in the mirror, she picked up her hair brush and was about to start brushing her hair when she looked in the mirror. Her hair was all over the place a true mess, but it looked good made her look a bit freaky. She was about to put the brush down but suddenly a song popped into her head. She put the brush to her mouth and began singing at the top of her lungs, that was until the people in the apartment next to her started banging on walls telling her to "SHUT TO FUCK UP"

Britney missed being able to sign, she was always told by family and friends she had a beautiful voice but ever since she got to Detroit she hadn't done it too much. Just then an amazing idea popped in her head what id she opened up a karaoke pub. She didn't have the most of funds right now but perhaps just maybe she would be able to find a spot that fit her needs.

She quickly finished getting ready and headed out of her studio apartment, she remembered to grab her bag she still had a nice stash of cash her mother had left her, plus she was now starting to make a little bit of cash on her own. She went directly to the business district looking for a location, there were a couple open shops which kind of surprised her being how populated this city was. The more she looked at it she realized that there were only 2 spaces left available. Walking over to the first one, she noticed a tattered sign. The letters were so worn out she wasn't able to make out the name, she shrugged it off walking up to the window cupping her hands over her eyes making it a bit easier to see.

By the looks of it, seems like this used to be an old pub of sorts, it was rundown and badly but even so most of the tables and bar stools were still there. It just looked like they were covered in 3 inches of dust and the cob webs well it looked like was raining spiders at some point. It was a thought that gave her the chills but none the less she continued looking through the window. It was a tiny bar, perhaps being able to only seat 10 people. There were a couple booths and a handful of tables, and then there it was off to the side next to the bar a little stage. By the looks of it seemed to be a stage where a small band used to play. Even though the looks of it the place would only be able to hold maybe 30-40 people comfortably she knew this was it.

There was a number on the door to call if interested in the lot, she wrote it down and walked directly over to the nearest pay phone. Dialing the number listening to it ring for a moment an elderly man pick up on the other end. The man decided to meet Britney right away, he only lived in the up stairs building, he was downstairs in what seemed to be a heartbeat. The two talked for a little while, Britney told the guy exactly what she had planned for the place. Pleased to hear her idea the two hashed out the terms which I may add was a lot less then she expected it to be and with and exchange of some cash and a signature on the deed the place was hers.

With the keys in her hand she opened up the doors for the first time, she looked around starting to take note of all that had to be done. After looking for a bit she realized there actually wasn't much to do, the place just needed a nice cleaning. She walked to the back room to check out her place some more, to her surprise when she opened the storage door she saw a room full of cases of liquor. She was puzzled for a moment wondering if she was seeing things blinking a couple times to make sure she wasn't.

"Well guess that is one less thing I need to do"

She chuckled to herself and started thinking in her head "So I need a new sign, uhm this place needs a deep cleaning, uhm oh yeah and I need a kakaoke machine." First she found someone to make her a sign cause she knew that would take the longest, next she ordered her karaoke machine, then started the true job... The cleaning...

****Fast Forward A Week****

The place was cleaner then it probably had ever been, liquor bottles lined the shelves and a fresh coat of paint had been splashed on the walls. The karaoke machine was up and working, she tested it out a couple times just to make sure and the had just finished hanging her new sign, she went outside to look at it.

Britney's Pub & Karaoke

It was official now, the place was now open!

Report Post Tip

Carnival lately had been too tired, had made a call to his boss that he'd been taking a break for a few days, all the hard work on drugs and having his voice heard around place had made him wear out heavily. A time off would have been good, things you like to do, do tend to wear off rather quick.

Having been in contact with Britney before, and words that traveled fast, he wanted to go and chill the hell out for once. Get drunk and sing the hell out of any song he knew. Driving in his delahaye had made it in front of her joint.

-Now comes the singing, i guess i should let loose of these attires for a while, they have been wearing me down for too long now.

Enter inside in slow steady paced. For a place that use to be hell it became heaven, the joint was properly cleaned up and had a good feeling about it when Carnival entered it, felt like putting down his shackles and just be him, without trying to be someone else for once.

-Hey Britney... For some reason i'm thinking that someone will have your name in the future, that'll be a while. Buuut who knows, maybe i'm just spouting nonsense, i do that whenever i'm around you.

Laughs out loud as he makes his way to the front bar stool, orders in whiskey and lemon.

Report Post Tip

After a hard day of work at her Pizzeria and running drugdeals Miss_Senza decided to check out Britney's new place. Britney had visited her pizzaplace earlier that day and told her about her new business. She could use a drink and some entertainment. Looking at drunk people trying to sing always made her laugh. She might herself sing aswell. Atleast if she had drunk enough. She would never sing publicly because she sounds more like a mouse which has been caught in a trap.
As she enters the pub she notices Carnival sitting at the bar. She walks towards him and lays her hand on his shoulder.

"I can see you had a rough day too, or haven't you?" Miss Senza asks him as she takes place on the barstool next to him.

"I sure did so I could use a drink. she looks at the bartender and gestures him to get over so she can order a drink.  Can I have a glass of red wine please? "

Report Post Tip

As he was waiting, Senza had entered the pub, was glad to see a familiar face, Carnival had met her a while back. She runs a pizzeria in crocktown, at one time and still is Carnival visits the place she makes some good pizza's. Puts in a faint smile on his lips.

-Hey, Senza. Yeah, kinda off. Just one of those days, maybe.

Leans in slightly forward, crossing his arms on top of the bar main table where he was seated on the stool. Slightly turns his head towards Senza.

-What about you? What brings you around here for, going to teach me how to sing?

Carnival said that because of the karaoke, he had in mind after a bottle of whiskey enter one of the roms and sing his soul out, even though he couldn't sing that well as he had thought.

Report Post Tip

Looks at Carnival and starts to laughs

Well I need some time to relax now and then. But seriously I am a lousy teacher, can't sing myself aswell. I will break every glass in here. I shouldn't drink too much then I will be fine, if I drink too much well she pauses a bit hide all the glass in here.

The bartender puts a glass of red wine in front of her, she picks up the glass and takes a sip.

Might switch to something stronger later on. Allthough I shouldn't get all wasted. giggles

She starts to play with her hair and curls it around her finger.

Report Post Tip

Laughs out loud as he hears her say her piece of words. Carnival without a doubt had come to put off some steam and take a break off things that involved him the last couple of days. Pub and Karaoke, it was a while since he had come to a joint like this, thinking to himself.

Raises the cup of the whiskey he had already on his hand. Shows Senza eyes signs that he was about to go in.

-Don't get scared now.

Chuckles as he enters the first room that was available. Picks up the mic that was on the table, and turns on the music with the lyrics together. Coughs a few times to clear his throat.

"I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside
Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's right
I've got a feeling, a feeling I can't hide
No no no, oh no, oh no
Yeah yeah I've got a feeling yeah

Oh please believe me, I'd hate to miss the train
Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah
And if you leave me I won't be late again
Oh no, oh no, oh no
I've got a feeling

All these years I've been wandering around
Wondering how come nobody told me
All that I was looking for was somebody
Who looked like you

I've got a feeling, that keeps me on my toes
Oh yeah, oh yeah

I've got a feeling, I think that everybody knows
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah
Yeah

Everybody had a hard year
Everybody had a good time
Everybody had a wet dream
Everybody saw the sunshine
Oh yeah, (oh yeah) oh yeah, oh yeah
Everybody had a good year
Everybody let their hair down
Everybody pulled their socks up
Everybody put their foot down
Oh yeah
Yeah I've got a feeling
A feeling deep inside
Oh yeah

Oh yeah

I've got a feeling
A feeling I can't hide
Oh no

Oh no no no

Yeah yeah yeah yeah
I've got a feeling

I've got a feeling

Everybody had a hard time

Everybody had a wet dream

Everybody saw the sunshine

Everybody let their hair down

Everybody pulled their socks up

Everybody put the foot down
Oh yeah

Oh yeah

I've got a feeling
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

(Oh my soul, so hard.)"

... Carnival wasn't done just yet, he had thought of singing few songs more after he had finished the beatles one.

Report Post Tip

Britney walks into to her karaoke pub noticing the place is slowly starting to get a bit popular, it didn't take very long she knew there were some gangsters out there that liked to show off their vocal cords every once in a while. As she entered she noticed Carnival jamming on stage signing like no one was around him, this made Britney chuckle. She would have stopped to say hi to him but he was so into his song he wouldn't have noticed her even if she was smack dab in front of him.

She then noticed Miss_Senza sitting at the bar patiently waiting for her drink, she was sitting there twirling her hair watching Carnival sing his heart out. It seemed like Senza was waiting for a drink, Britney couldn't figure out if the bartender was just too busy or ignoring her but after a moment the bartender was just overwhelmed.

Britney knew she needed to help, she hopped back behind the bar walking right over to where Senza was sitting.

"Hey hun, nice of you to stop by the new place hope you like it."

Before she is even able to answer

"What are you drinking?"

Miss_Senza smiles and asks for a glass of red wine, Britney continues talking to her as she searches the shelf for one of her finest. She moves back a couple bottles of high end whiskey to reveal the bottle she was looking for.

"Ah, here it is. You will like this one."

Britney cracks open the bottle, pours Senza a full glass, and slides it to her. 

Report Post Tip

Tony Capazzo just came back to Detroit after a exhausting business trip to New York. Before heading back to Family Headquarters and checking in on things he decided to unwind a little bit and get a drink. There happened to be a new place in Detroit he heard about. Britney's Pub and Karaoke. He decided it wouldn't hurt if he stopped by a few minutes and got a drink..or two. 

In his Duesenberg Model J Tony drove down the streets of Detroit. After making a few turns he finally approached the establishment. He placed his token fedora atop his head and came out of his car. The first thing he noticed was the fancy sign outside.

Britney's Pub & Karaoke

Tony nodded at the sign and went inside. It was a nice little place. There was a bar, some tables and booths and a stage no doubt housing some nice entertainment. The karaoke machine was up and running as some people were making good use out of it. He laughed and thought to himself how horrible it would be if he got up on the stage and decided to start singing, his singing voice was so dreadful he'd probably clear the place. Finally Tony made it to the bar. He placed his fedora on top of the counter and looked at the shelf behind the counter as he took a seat on a bar stool. The shelf housed some of the finest liquor around town. But there was only one thing he was interested in. Whisky.

Tony removed a fresh Cuban cigar from his inside jacket pocket and lit it. He exhaled slowly as to relax and unwind. A few moments later a girl came over to him and placed a napkin in front of him.

"Hello sir, what would you like to have?"

Tony smiled at the bartender.

"Can I have whiskey on the rocks please sweetheart?"

The girl nodded and smiled as she made her way to go make the drink. Tony looked around and thought the owner Britney-Spears had did a fantastic job with the place. The walls looked freshly painted and it looked like some deep cleaning was done inside and out. After a few moments the girl came and placed a glass with whisky, on the rocks, just like Tony liked it.

"Here you go sir."

Tony looked at his Hamilton Coronado watch and realized he had time for only one drink.

"I'll pay for that now dear."

The girl nodded and went to go grab the check. Tony continued to smoke his cigar as he took a sip of the whisky. He let out a enjoyable sigh.

"Ahhhh...that's good."

It was great whisky. He enjoyed the drink and he took another sip. The bartender came back and placed the check next to him.

"Thank you for stopping by, please come again!"

Tony waved to her and smiled as he knew he'd definitely come here again. The drinks were great, the service was great. Good establishment indeed. Tony finished up his last few sips of his drink then took one last puff of his cigar. He checked his watch once more and reached into his pocket.

"Thank you hun."

Tony called back out to the bartender who waved to him. He placed a folded $100 dollar bill and left it on top of the check. The bartender was quite busy with all the patrons and looked as if she was working extra hard, the little bit of extra tip would surely go a far way for her. Tony outed his cigar and placed his lime green ribboned fedora atop his head.

As he was leaving, he just muttered the words...

"Now for some food."

Report Post Tip

As Senza was looking around she noticed Carnival raised his glass. Thinking he was about to step onto the stage. Telling her she shouldn't be scared confirmed her thoughts.

"Have fun" She winks at him as he walks towards the stage. She turns around and looks over at the bartender, she is starting to get a bit impatient. Being patience has never been something she was good at. 
Right at that moment she hears the doors open. Senza turns her head around and notices Britney's walking in. A sigh of relief, Britney surely will notice she didn't have anything to drink yet. Looks over at Carnival who's singing his heart out. Not bad at all she thinks. Might be fun to sing a duet. When she turns back towards the bartender Britney already poured her a glass of red wine.

"It's like you've read my mind Britney." Senza takes a sip. "Well this one is just outstanding!"
She grabs a pack of cigarettes out of the pocket of her red leather jacket and lights one. Throws the package onto the bar.
"If anyone wants feel free to take one."
Inhales and blows the smoke out in perfect circles. She looks for a ashtray but doens't notice any on the bar. 

"Got an ashtray for my ashes? she asks as she looks at Britney.

Britney grabs an ashtray from under the bar. "There you go hun" Britney says as she puts it in front of her.
"Thanks hun" Senza says. She tips the ashes into the ashtray and takes another sip from her delicious wine. It's so delicious she finishes it in a couple of minutes. She still thinks about whether she should sing. At this point she isn't ready yet. Especially when overhearing the sound of Carnival. 

Report Post Tip

Britney had walked into the back for what she thought was a couple of minutes but apparently the conversation she had with Paco, who was her bar back, was quite a lengthy one. This is what happens when you bring up the topic of taco's around him. He was quite the taco expert, he was working 3 different jobs to save up enough money to open up a taco cart. Britney was quite the fan of his tacos, she never really liked them too much until she meet and hired Paco.

Realizing that the bar was filling up Britney cut the conversation short and headed back up to the front, she looked towards the door and noticed a very distinguished gentlemen leaving. He had a stylish Fedora hat on but what caught her eye the most was the lime green ribbon that was wrapped around it. She walked up to Dorthy, who was behind the bar today and asked her whom that was that just left. Dorthy responded:

"Uhm, I heard a couple people calling him.." She paused for a moment to try and remember the name they were using.

"Oh I got it, they were saying Godfather Capazzo... Yeah thats it, thats who it was and let me tell you he is a hell of a tipper."

Britney jaw dropped for a moment as a slight bit of anger flushed through her face.

" You mean to tell me that Godfather TonyCapazzo was here and you didn't think to tell me, are you fucking serious?"

Britney took a couple deep breathes, cause she knew that missing an opportunity to speak to and serve a Godfather was a big deal. Especially one that was local, it was great for business but only if she would have been around and not talking about damn taco's. She grumbled to herself.  "Damn you Paco"

She looked Dorthy right in the eyes: "Next time someone as distinguished comes in here and I'm around you NEED to find me... OK?"

Dorthy nodded her head, she waited for Britney to lose eye contact with her before filling a couple of empty glasses.

Britney headed over to where Miss_Senza was sitting, she politely asked Britney for an ash tray. That was one thing that this place didn't have a shortage on, they were basically everywhere. She reached under the counter pulling one out for her. "Thanks hun" she smiled at Britney as she flicked off the ash on her cigarette. "Anytime, whatever you need don't hesitate to ask."

Britney turned around to watch Carnival still up on stage signing his heart out, she chuckled and turned back to Senza whom just finished chugging her glass of wine. Before she was able to ask for a refill Britney grabbed the wine off the shelf and with wine glass still in hand filled it to the top. She then placed the bottle on the bar next to Senza.

"I will just leave this here for you, I have a feeling you might need it."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Midnight pulled up outside a building in DT, many memories resurfacing. She looked at the note that she had found in her fathers house. It had been a letter from a lady names Britney-Spears. She knew that she may be able to help so she started asking around and had finally discovered that Britney ran a pub. She got out of her car and made her way into the building. She was greeted with the interesting sounds of people singing or some sort of noise. She walked to the bar and ordered a shot. After quickly downing it she turned to look around the building knowing exactly who she was looking for. Eventually she found her. A rather fabulous looking women indeed. She got up and walked across to where she was standing.

Excuse me are you Britney? The women turned and nodded asking if she could help with anything. I understand you may have known my father. You were the last person reported to have seen him she paused alive, if you will. How a vampire can ever be considered alive was still slightly amusing. Word has it he was on his way to your bar? The women had stopped now slightly shocked. 

After a few moments of silence she took a breath and spoke. Perhaps we should have a drink. She led the way to the bar. Midnight had been here to ask for her help with a task, but it seemed the women was distracted. She thought that if she could get a few drinks down this women she may agree to help more easily. She had been planning on reopening one of her fathers old stores and knew she wanted to fix the original store up first here in her fathers home city. That could wait though. For now they would just drink.

Report Post Tip

Britney was in the midst of dealing with a couple of her drunk regulars when she heard a tiny voice coming from behind her. It was a voice that she hadn't heard before and this caught her attention. Now usually her name was thrown around her pub quite often, most time she conventionally ignored or but this time was different. She quick turned around to see a younger girl standing there, the girl asked if she was Britney. This was a little bit odd for her cause she couldn't remember whom this girl was, Britney nodded. 

The girl went into explaining in a round about way why she was there and that Britney had been friends with her father and that she was the last person to see him "alive" it wasn't until the vampire comment that she knew exactly who this girl was talking about. She stood there kind of in shock for a moment, that day played back in her head over and over again. Britney walked up to the girl and put her arm on her shoulder.

"Lets grab a drink, its on me."

Britney went behind the bar grabbed a bottle of whiskey and two shot glasses, she poured each glass to the brim and slid one of them over to the girl. Britney picked up her glass and toasted with the girl.

"To the memory of your father"

Britney tapped glasses with the girl and they both chugged the shot.

"Now tell me, what's your name?"

The girl paused for a moment before speaking up "Midnight"

Britney smiled at the girl

"Well it is nice to meet you Midnight, now what do I owe the pleasure of this visit from you"

Just as Midnight was about to begin speaking, one of the drunk regulars tripped and fell knocking over a table in the middle of the pub.

"What the fuck Charlie! Excuse me dear I will be back in a moment let me deal with this idiot."

Britney walked over to the table that was laying sideways on the floor, Charlie was passed out on the floor laying next to the table. She waved over a couple of her guards and told them to drag him out back. When they got him out of the way she picked up the table and everything else that he knocked over she was about to go and do something else when she saw in the corner of her eye Midnight sitting patiently at the bar waiting for her to return. She wiped her hands together and walked back over where the girl was sitting.

"Sorry about that, some people just can't handle their liquor"

Britney smiled and then poured the two a couple more shots, slamming then down and repeating once more.

"Ok so now tell me, what can I do for you hun?"

Report Post Tip

Midnight watched as the drunk man stumbled back in, she nodded towards the door to inform Britney then watched as she continued to clean up after the man. Watching her do all this cleaning and repairing gave Midnight an idea. An idea that she knew Britney would go for, certainly with the persuasion of a few more drinks. As Britney finally sat back down they began drinking the shots. One after the other. Britney was a human so she knew this would not take too long for her to get drunk enough. When she felt the time was right and that Britney was alcohol fueled enough she paused and put on her best sad face. 

I know its something my father would of wanted, but you see I just can't do it alone. Would you help with the rebuilding and cleaning up? Midnight knew Britney was drunk when she happily agreed to do all the hard work. They continued to drink in honour of her father until closing time.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Britney's Pub and Karaoke
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL