Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 06:36:11
Help
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Newbie Starter Guide Started by: Ubar on Jul 11, '09 01:01

The game can be a bit confusing when you first start out, especially when you're trying to figure out what to start doing. I'll try to at least get you started down the right path, and you can take it from there.

I'll start with the very basics:

[News and Info] - [Acheivements]

This is where the game keeps track of your progress. Therefore, if you work on building up everything you find on this list, you'll be heading in the right direction. Try to max every bar, since new ones will appear.

[Profit] - [Petty Crime]

This is something you should get used to doing every 3.5 minutes. Start with the lowest one and watch your [Acheivements] list to know when you've maxed it. Then start on the next and so on.

[War] - [Jail]

This is where you go to try to bust people out of jail. Start of with 0 guards and as you rank up you can try higher. The rule of thumb for maximizing jail breaking xp is to never try anyone much higher or lower than your rank. You will actually get less xp for them.

[Profit] - [Pickpocket]

Ask before you pickpocket anyone at first, as someone could very well take it the wrong way and have you shot for your ignorance. Or look at their profile along with the rules on pickpocketing in the city you both occupy.

[Help] - [Timer-Toolbar]

This will help out considerably to get you started. On the top right, you will have quick-links to frequently used activities. On the top left, you will have a group of timers for said activities. Once you do a petty, for example, click on the word 'petty' on the top left of the toolbar to start a countdown timer. This way when the timer runs out you will hear a 'pop' and you will know to do another petty. The rest of the activities work on exactly the same principle.

[Profit] - [Visit Drug Dealer]

You will come here frequently as well. This will be how you will make a majority of your cash flow, if done right. You want to buy low, and sell high of course. So after you buy, you can ask within your family, or on irc for drug prices and find a city where its being sold higher. The Agency Drug Table is invaluable when you're first starting out.
http://www.outerrealm.org/mafia/drugs/index.php

[Management] - [Airport]

This is your method of travel in Mafia Returns. You can fly every 2 hours, unless of course you take a longer flight which is more expensive and takes 3 hours. So when you know where you want to go, merely click the white circle next to the City's name and fly.

[Management] - [Banking]

Once you start pulling in the cash, you need a place to stash it (in your mattress might not work here). You can start a bank account, but starting off, make sure you make a federal one, so you don't have to be in the same city to take money out. Try to keep most of your money in the bank at all times except when buying drugs etc, to defend against pickpocketing.

There are a few more things I want to touch on but I will leave them for a more advanced guide in future. I would like to hear the responses I get from this early one first. I will add one thing at the end which I have found I can't do without. Whatever browser you're using if it allows multiple tabs you can do this. Right click on any link inside of the Mafia Returns Game site, and select 'open in new tab'. Then you can easily switch tabs in mid game. I use one for petty's, felonies, etc. everything I use thats on the toolbar-timer. Then I have another one for Mail, and yet another one for reading and writing threads and posts.

I hope this has helped in some small way for the newer players to get started. Work hard and you'll be ranking up in no time. Enjoy the game.
~Ubar~

Report Post Tips: 48 / Total: $990,000 Tip

This was made for My HQ forum but since I am adding it here as well I will add a part on finding a Crew.

[News and Info] - [Crews]

This is where you can see a list of every family, Crew Leader, and their respective Right, and Left Hand Men/Women. You can click on their name to compose a Mob Mail to ask for an invite. I am sure most familys do not except one-liners, so please put some effort into your request. With some respect, intelligence, and maturity, I'm sure you could make your way in a good crew. Remember, you only have 48 hours to get used to the game and ask a for admittence to a family.

If anyone has anything they would like to add, please do. I'm sure the new players would appreciate any help offered to them. Also, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by writing this. I'm just trying to contribute in some way.

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/38665/tpass/3566a5e83ae836800d804f8d29e65a1d

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Bump... still useful

I would recommend using any of the guides to get you started for new times users. Very helpful! 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
This is a very strategic game you have to be all in
Report Post Tip
Thanks for the info. Very helpfull. Still very new in the game so this is a big help
Report Post Tip

Thanks for the guide, would of been useful when I first joined if I saw it :)

Thank you for this. I just have one question, out of curiosity.

When it comes to drug dealing from district to district, is there anyway to tell which district has higher or lower price, or am I stuck with guessing?

Report Post Tip
This should be added to wiki if it hasn't already.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This was some helpful info for sure! :D

Report Post Tip

it was

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Help
Replying to: Newbie Starter Guide
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL