Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 17:06:57
Page:  1 
Carnival De Corktown Started by: Scott-Weiland on May 29, '15 10:56

Scott-Weiland took a few looks around the somewhat wooded and secluded area on the outskirts of Corktown that had been graciously gifted to him by Godfather Fear. Of course, he had already been operating out of here for a few weeks now, but the preparations were finally complete; The Carnival was ready to be opened for the masses. He looks around at the tents and stands that now surround him; who would have thought that just a few short weeks ago trees and blank space surrounded here? He laughed lightly to himself feeling proud of the work that had been accomplished. The Carnival workers had been hard at work from Day 1 to get everything just right.

In the center of the complex stood a Grand Large tent, alternating in colors of black and red, with bright bulb lights surrounding the outskirts of the tent, that could be seen from miles away. Standing just outside of the tent was Britney-Spears. She appeared to be looking at the tent in awe. Scottie approached her and introduced himself. He was met with a response he wasn't ready for.

"Hi. I'm sorry if I'm intruding, but carnivals remind me so much of my mother. She had a carnival that I worked at in my younger days and I haven't recovered from the day we had to sell it. It was the place I made a lot of my memories at and it destroyed me never seeing it again. This place just triggered something inside me and I had to see it closer."

This story almost brought tears to his eyes, but Scottie couldn't show any weakness. 

"Oh, uh.. I'm sorry to hear that. You know, we're still building this up, if you'd be interested in helping us?"

Britney's face lit up at the news. Scottie chuckled as she nodded her head ferociously. Scottie told Britney to follow him and they walked into the tent to meet Afghan, Stefan, Cipher and AlexKoehler.

"Okay guys, we have to get this finished and finished soon. Let's gather all our resources so we can get this done and opened up as soon as possible. Afghan, can you find the talent? I know you know some weird fucking people that know some even weirder fucking people, we need the weirdest fuckers you can manage. Stefan I need you to round up supplies to set up all the tents, booths and anything else we will need. I also need you to get it set up as well, grab a good bunch of associates and put them to work. We also need to keep our guests as long as we can, so Cipher I'm putting you in charge of gathering some good food and drinks as well as some specialty vendors to set up shop here. Last but I'm sure it's not the least in this massive project I need you Alex to secure our souvenirs, these will all be specialty items with our name on it so you are going to have to find someone to create this shit for us. Make sure you find someone that can do it cheap to, like usual your not getting shit for a budget, figure it out. Britney-Spears, you will be helping me personally with design and setting everything up."

As Scott finished speaking with his men he started handing out fat envelopes to everyone for getting their part of the project done, when he got to Alex he pulled an envelope that was about half the size as everyone else and chuckled as he handed it over. 

"I'm sure you will manage."

Report Post Tip

****FLASH BACK ABOUT A WEEK AGO****

Britney had been shuffling through an old box it had a bunch of her mothers old papers in it, most of which were meaningless. That was until she came across an unusual piece, it was heavier then the rest the print on the page was neatly typed up on a typewriter and there was a wax seal on the bottom as if it were notarized and legal. Britney took the paper and started reading over it, come to find out it was a land deed and oddly enough was a land deed for a plot right here in Corktown. Further reading into to, it wasn't even in her mothers name but her grandmothers. Britney did remember hearing stories from her mother about when she was little of a majestic carnival that her mother had opened. This was the reasoning behind her opening one in Philadelphia herself.

Britney sat back and wondered if this could be fate. She had been in talks with some of the fellow members here in Corktown about the possibilities of opening up a Carnival but could it be this easy. Britney decided to go check out the location, she picked up her bag and the deed and quickly headed over to the address on the paper. Upon arriving to the location Britney came upon a massive lot, one that for some reason she had never seen in her time in Corktown. The location was perfect now only if she were able to get in and see what was still around.

The front gate was locked and the fences were way to high to climb. Britney started walking around the perimeter when she came across a small hole in the fence, she stood back looking at it wondering if she were able to squeeze through it. Figuring what the hell she decided to give it a try. She put her leg through the hole first and slowly squeezed her way, she was just about all the way through when her shirt got caught on a nail. She tried her hardest to pull her shirt off the nail, the only way to do would have been to go back out. She had already gone too far, with a pull of her shoulder her heard the tearing of her shirt but alas she was through the hole.

She stood up reached around to feel how big the hole was in her shirt, it was big enough to fit a couple finger through. She grumbled a moment before standing up and brushing herself off. Looking up there it was, The Carnival, it looked it hadn't been touched in forever. Everything was still there; the rides, the booth's, and even the all the signs. 

This was it, it was perfect she thought to herself. Just needed a bit of touch up and a couple of added venues was all. The excitement that ran through her body was over whelming and knew exactly the first person she needed to tell. She quickly crawled out the same hole she came in, this time not tearing her shirt since she was a bit more careful this time. Once out and back on the street she headed directly to Scott_Weiland's HQ, she burst through the door with a smile on her face waving to a couple of the residents on her way to the office. His office door was wide open, he was sitting back in his chair doing a bit of day dreaming. Britney cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Scott, you remember that carnival idea we were talking about... Yeah well I have fantastic news, seems I found the deed to my grandmothers and its basically right around the corner. All we need to do is give it a little bit of work, makes sure everything is working and add a few extra things and BAM we will have a carnival in now time."

Scott looked at Britney a bit puzzled

"What land?"

Britney handed Scott the piece of paper explaining the property, his face lit up.

"This is awesome, lets run this by the Godfather Fear and if he says go, then lets get started."

Report Post Tip

After getting his orders for the massive Carnival project Afghan gets out of his seat and as Alex starts to stand pushes him back down into his seat by his face. He chuckles as he leaves the main tent and walks to his car. 

Afghan knows there's only a few places that can get the most bizarre people he is after. Russia, so he needs to call his contact quick because its going to take some time for them to get here and he's on a tight deadline for the opening. He arrived at the nearest pay phone to phone his friend Iosif.

"Hello, Iosif?"

Iosif: "Yes, this is he. Is this Afghan? Afghan is that you?! Shit it's been ages, what do you need I know you need something!"

"Iosif, yes it is me and I hope you are doing well. You know me all too well, I am calling because I need a huge favor. You see we are opening up a Carnival over here and we need some big acts. Unique shit you know, stuff that has never been seen before. I know you know some fucked up people so what do you got?!"

Iosif: "We do have some freaky people available right now, we have this guy and he is just a giant. He is over 8 foot tall and weighs just under 700 pounds. This guy can pick up or destroy whatever the hell you want. We also have this little girl, she must be under 4 feet tall and this broad trains tigers! She's out there with these huge fucking tigers that could literally rip her in half and eat her in ten seconds and telling them what to do and smacking them with whips. Oh I can't to leave out Jim, Cannonball Jim that is. This guy loads up this 12 foot cannon, hops in the fucking thing and then has one of the on lookers to light it and send him flying. He still has all his limbs believe it or not. Other than that we have quite a bit of sharp object swallowers which is weird as fuck, a bunch of people that like to play with fire, knife throwers and all that jazz."

"This sounds fantastic Iosif, like always you never fail to impress me. I really wonder how you meet the people that you do. Send the people you explained in detail, a sword swallower, a knife thrower that throws at someone alive obviously and we will take a few pyros as well. I need them over here as soon as you can get them! I'd love to talk more but I'm extremely busy and gotta get the rest of this figured out. Once again Iosif you're the man. I'll talk to you again soon. 

Iosif: "I'm glad I can give you a hand my good friend, let me know if you need anything else. Hope to hear from you soon."

As soon as Afghan hung up with Iosif he headed back to his car and headed back to the Carnival. Walking back into the tent he found Scottie sitting there with a bottle of whiskey half empty in front of him. 

"Already?! I don't think I have been gone for two hours! Anyways the talent is on it's way, no I'm not telling you what I got lined up. You will just have to wait and find out. They are on a ship now so they will be here in just over a week so we have plenty of time to get the rest of this place put together to open."

Report Post Tip

Once Alex had been given his orders, he reached out to grab the envelope from Scott-Weiland, only to notice it was much smaller than the others. Alex sighed and thought about strangling him, but he brushed it off and did what he was told. As he tried to get up, he was pushed right back down by Afghan-Mango. He didn't let out a sigh this time, but a long, nasty growl. Luckily, nobody heard, so he couldn't be called an animal or any worse insults on top of the terrible start to the day.

Alex had to think of ideas for souvenirs, and he had to find a way to get them made. He was stumped for ideas. He sat in his chair, just thinking, for about twenty minutes. He finally got an idea of how to go about getting some ideas. He got out of his seat, this time without being pushed back down, and headed over to his car. He began the short journey over to a toy store, where he hoped he could find some ideas.

Alex must have looked through the entire store thrice over before he finally noticed something. It was a miniature statue of a carnival and all of the freaks involved in it. With a few minor tweaks, replacing those freaks with our freaks, and that carnival with his carnival, it could be perfect! Alex immediately took that statue to the owner of the store. Alex didn't have any connections with the makers of that statue, but the owner did. Alex made him an offer he couldn't refuse, and they made a deal. Alex had officially gotten one souvenir down.

After Alex got one souvenir, the next one just came to him. Costumes! Everyone wants to be like the ringmaster. He ran to his car, sped over to Afghan's Costume Emporium, and ran inside. He rushed through all three floors to get costumes for everyone who may want one. He wound up with over twenty ringmaster costumes, as that is all that was in stock. It was good enough for the time being. Two souvenirs down.

Alex figured three souvenirs would be enough. For the final one, he wanted to do something simple; buttons with the Carnival's logo on them. Good enough! Alex grabbed a piece of paper with the logo already on it and went to a little button shop in the downtown of Detroit. He handed the paper over and told the guy the situation he was in. Without any hesitation, he agreed to set up a deal. The Carnival would now get the buttons it so deserved.

Alex could finally return back to the Carnival. He was exhausted and ready to collapse. But before he could, he had to tell everyone the deal. He got back in his car and drove back to the Carnival. He entered the main tent and saw Afghan was already back. Alex turned to Scott and nodded his head. "It's done. We have souvenirs. I hope you like them."

He turned to Afghan. "Oh, by the way, you're now supplying one of our souvenirs. Maybe if I had more of a budget to work with, you wouldn't have to." Alex snarled and sat down.

Report Post Tip

Stefan decided this was the perfect opportunity to to complete his set up. He grinned like a cheshire cat and darted off from the tent. He got on the phone to round up the troops and soon put them to work. He sent 2 or 3 people out to buy and collect supplies that they may need and the rest were given the boring job of setting up all the tents. He had never been any good at building forts and pitching tents growing up and he sure wasn't going to start learning now. He had far more important things to do. Once he was certain everyone knew what they were doing he headed into town and found a local butchers. He walked in and turned the sign around to declare the store was now closed to the public. The butcher had his back to him as he approached. What can I do for you? he asked. Stefan looked past him and enquired as to where he got such a fine piece of machinery. He showed a keen interest and informed the man he was from out of town and that he wanted to set up a butchers back home. The man happily gave him a run down of how everything ran and even showed him how the machine worked.

It had begun to get dark out and so the man started to pull the shutters across on the windows informing him that he was going to be locking up soon. Thats ok I am just going to take your machine first if thats ok Stefan replied calmly. The man looked bewildered as he started to head out the back. Stefan grabbed the man by the collar and dragged him across to the machine that ground all the meat up for the pies. He grabbed the mans arm and started to push it into the machines vice like grip. As his hand got caught the man let out a blood curdling scream. Stefan muffled the screams with a piece of raw meat he found on display. He continued to push the man further into the machine until finally he could no longer hear him screaming. He finished up and within no time at all the entire body had been turned into ground up flesh. He stood looking at his work. Well I had to make sure it worked he said out loud to himself. He didn't bother to clean up the mess he had made just stuffed the body into a bag and loaded the machinery and everything else he could find onto a truck he had stolen earlier that day. He put a sign on the door that read Sorry we have moved and drove off.

He drove back to The carnival and began to set up his new store. The sign read Salvatores Meat Pies. A special family recipe of course that no one would ever need to know about. He made his first batch of fresh meat pies and set them up ready for the customers. He had a quick run around of the rest of the carnival to check up on everyone else. When he was satisfied that everything was ready and perfect he headed back to the tent to meet with the others. He walked in wearing blood stained clothing with blood still dropping from his finger tips. Everyone looked at him as he licked a few drops off his hand. 

So it went well then I see Scottie remarked.

Perfect Stefan replied with a creepy laugh

Report Post Tip

Britney had been running around trying to get together ideas for the booths for the carnival. She drew out a blue print on a piece of paper that she found blowing around the streets. The front of it said something about the mayor being missing and that there was a substantial reward, which was complete bs cause the mayor didn't have any more... well anymore that was.

She stopped for a moment sat down on a bench over looking the carnival grounds and pulled a pen out of her bag. She drew a picture of the large tent that was directly in the center of the carnival grounds even putting the stripes on the top just in case someone didn't know what they were looking at. Deciding what to do next she randomly drew a couple of circles which were spread out quite randomly around the carnival grounds. It was hard to have any type of symmetry with all the trees around.

Only thing she needed to do now was figure out what to do and where they all were going to go. She pulled the pen to her mouth and started chewing on the top, this was something she always did when she was in deep thought. Then just like that a light bulb turned on and she started jotting down ideas on the paper.

- FISH BOWL TOSS -

Fish may have been harmed in the making of this game. We take glass fish bowls and line them up on a table.  The object is to make your ping pong ball into the waiting bowl. You win the fish in the bowl, dead or alive not our problem.

- BALLOON DARTS -

a carnival classic where the player attempts to burst two out of three balloons each balloon has a random side show freak picture on it

- SPILL THE BLOOD -

you attempt to knock down three wooden bottles of blood with two "fake"monkey skulls

- SPIKED RING TOSS -

the object is to toss a wooden ring around the spikes.

- TIP THE DEAD CAT –

The object of this game is to knock down two out of three fuzzy cats with your bean bags. FREE Cat to the winner

- CROSS BOWS –

Voodoo dolls placed in a plexiglass box are knock down with a cross bow and really sharp darts.

- CAN CAN -

Player tosses bean bags at 5 empty beer cans in an attempt to knock all down in one shot.

- WHEEL OF TORTURE-

Player spins a point’s wheel in an attempt to land on the number, the number corresponds with how the mayor will be tortured.

Britney smiled with the choices, and hoped the Scott would be happy with but she knew there needed to be some rides, figuring whats a carnival without rides. She chewed on her pen a bit more before jotting down a couple more ideas.

- ROLLER COASTER -

No explanation needed

- HAUNTED HOUSE -

Not for the faint of heart the freaks will haunt your dreams forever (Be Warned)

- MIRROR FUN MAZE OF TERROR-

Not suggested for the patrons who have had a little too much to drink cause traveling this maze on 2 stable legs is hard enough, by the time you finish you may not know who you really are.

- BUMPER CARS -

Yeah thats right we have bumper cars, safety gear not provided... have fun

Now the last of the things that needed to be plotted out, she knew that the main tent was for the True Freaks, but there were still a couple of booths left to fill. Then it hit her, food and souvenirs.

- SALVATORES MEAT PIES -

The Uhm, best meat pies around

-FREAK SHOW SOUVENIRS -

The most terrifying souvenirs you will ever have

- TRADITIONAL CARNY FOOD -

For all your other food wants

CarnyDogs $2.00

Funnel Cake $1.00

Blood Red Cotton Candy $1.00

Smoke Turkey Legs $3.00

Deep Freaky Fried Oreos $2.00

Deep Freaky Fried Pickles $1.00

Caramel Popcorn $2.00

French Fries $1.50

SnowCones $1.00

Soda Pop $1.00

Ales and Spirits Ask your Attendant for Prices

Satisfied with how she planned on laying everything out she found Scott who was dealing with well pretty much everything. She handed him her blue print paper, proud of what she had accomplished.

Report Post Tip

Scott-Weiland looks down at the blueprints handed to him by Britney-Spears and smiles widely from ear to ear. 

Beautiful work, splendid really. Let's get started!

He turns and posts the blueprint on a large wall behind him then whistles loudly to garner the attention of the Carnival workers scrambling around him. 

Time to get to work, boys and girls. Let's get this built to exact specifications!

********Two Weeks Later********

Scott-Weiland looks around at his now completed vision. He calls Britney-Spears, Afghan-Mango, AlexKoehler, Stefan, and Cipher to his sides as they admire the beauty that has sprung up around them. He simply nods to them in agreement at how beautiful everything is, then signals for them to follow him to the entrance of the Carnival. He gazes out over the amassed crowd, then spreads his arms out wide and begins to speak;

Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, welcome to the best show on on Earth! I am here today to introduce you to the redesigned Corktown Carnival, proudly presented to you by the Freaks of Freak Town. Have fun, enjoy yourselves, and when you leave here, don't forget to keep a light on at night as  you sleep. You never know when our monsters may decide to follow you home. Without further adieu, enjoy!

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Carnival De Corktown
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL