Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:49:11
Page:  1 
Pick pocket pet peeve Started by: Jayne_Cobb on Jul 12, '09 13:50

After a few times of this happening to me, I've decided to come out against a pet peave of mine. It's pickpockets. First, let me say for the record that I'm pickpocket friendly. I'm not of those guys that threaten "Touch my wallet and I'll kill your whole family! Argh!!" Heck, I don't even expect you to return your lucre if you suceed, although it IS a really nice gesture.

No, I'm cool with people having a go at my wallet. I don't carry that much cash on me at one time, anyway. What annoys me is people not reading my profile and neglecting to notify me either before or right after the attempt.

When you pick my pocket, I think I should be able to have a go at you right back. Most times, I get a notice that tells me how did it and what they took. The problem is getting stealthed. This is happening more and more to me as picking pockets becomes more accepted and, hence, people get better at it. When I'm stealthed, I don't know who did it and, thus, can't reciprocate.

What do you guys think? Is it too much to ask to just get a notice?

Report Post Tip

Is it to much to get a notice to be attacked? Is this really a serious question? Have you been sipping on the juice tonight, my friend? Of course I wouldn't expect someone to warn me that they were about to take all of the money from me. Sure, it would be nice in a perfect world... but, let us remember that we are all mobsters here.

Shakes his head and then looks at the speaker.

I just hope you remember that we're not here to hold each others hands and help each other out. It's obviously helpful if someone will give you the nod before they're about to do it, but I don't think it should be something required by anyone.

Report Post Tip

I think because it has become something that everyone does day in day out and it welcomed by most players some people forget that its not meant to be friendly, hes taking your money biiiiiiatch its under the war screen ....

Report Post Tip

Just put in your profile, PP friendly only with my consent or i'll blow ya away fool

Report Post Tip

It's not on the war screen. It's under the profit screen. If you don't want to lose 5K, bank your cash repeatedly.

But most mafioso I know fart out 5K when they aren't thinking, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Report Post Tip

What I'm saying is that by informing someone first, it won't be considered an attack. It's not like the old Mugging feature. There is no possibility of harm caused other than the money lost.

Report Post Tip

Just like what Sherlock said, it doesnt matter to me. You can always regain the money.

Report Post Tip

I know Jayne to be a guy who returns what he takes. It is an admirable quality, but not one that I would immediately expect others within the Criminal Underworld to also share, regardless of what one's profile says. I'm always grateful to those who return what they take from me, but when they don't, I take it on the chin. Maybe I'll get them next time. Sometimes I don't catch a glance of who took my money. In that case, not much you can do. That's the life we've chosen, for better or for worse.

I'd suggest to anyone who doesn't want their hard-earned cash taken from them that they don't carry it in their pocket (especially when you're in my city!)

Report Post Tip

If it bothers you, stay out of open PP cities or change your profile to make it unambiguous in saying you want a message first. Or, put up with it.

There are your options. Hardly worth starting a thread over.

Report Post Tip

Is it to much to get a notice to be attacked? Is this really a serious question?- Sherlock

yea its a serious question...because..um...its NOT an attack. I have never heard of any one saying I got pickpocketed and the guy bashed me over the head and picked my pocket. Getting beat up and robbed is getting MUGGED. different. my opinion is all successful PickPocket should be stealth...100%. after all if you succeed..no one saw you. if you saw me pick your pocket...then I didnt' succeed...would you really see me pick your pocket then let you you take the money? not likely.

When MUG is coded back in it will be under the "WAR" header. Why? because THAT is an attack. Pickpocketing is under profit, because thats what it is. its a way of making money...period.

As far as for Jayne, what about placing something in your profile that says "please let me know if you pick pocketed me so I can try back" good luck with that though, because as I said. If I successfully pick your pocket, then why would I tell you about it (from an RP point of view)

thanks!

Report Post Tip

Lets be realistic. In real life, if you get pickpocketed, the person who did it isn't just going to say, "oh, here is your money back, sorryz I took it."

Bullshit. Quit bitchin. If someone picks your pocket, you have no right to ask for their death, or for money, or for anything really. So what? Your out 5 grand.

Most of us make over a mil a day, if not far more, I dont think 5k is gonna ruin your plans for a new BG.

Report Post Tip

Wow, just wow.  Honestly, its no big deal if someone pickpockets you, who cares.  Sure its disrespectful for them not to notify you, but like what Hershey said, lets be realistic. 

Report Post Tip

I like not knowing better. Saves the time of reading a boring mob mail.

Report Post Tip

I also have found the same problem and I think that if somebody says they're PP friendly and asks you to just let them know you should do it. I mean they're already doing you a favor by letting you have a go at their wallet the least you can do is have the common courtesy to tell you they are picking your pocket and let you pick them back because if you are not PP friendly then you should not be PPing other people.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Pick pocket pet peeve
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL