Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 16:24:39
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Bodyguard Bribery Started by: Anthony_de_Luca on Jul 12, '09 19:54

I've been reading mafia books and watching the movies lately, and I've seen a lot of instances where someone bribed a bodyguard to do the actual kill, because bodyguards have a good shot of pulling it off.

Now, consider this. We have bodyguards here out the yin-yang. The newer Godpeople have at least 50+ and the city. Why not implement a feature that allows us to bribe the bodyguards of people that have so many? For one, it would balance out the bodyguard thing and make wars quicker, but it would also get Godpeople to think..."Okay, is it worth having 80 bodyguards to have a few get mad and take a bribe to take the shot?"

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure this would bring any real benefit to the game, Why would you bribe the Bodyguard when theres a whole hitlist which is very rarley used. Which is basically a very similiar thing but adds to player interaction and involvement.

And if GFs and GMs have enough money to have 80+ bodyguards then why shouldn't they, they've damn well earned it.

Report Post Tip

Also this wouldnt be fair. Lets say a godfather works his whole life(as in a couple months in the game) to get where he is. He has tons of bgs and tons of money. One day a rougue comes over and bribes a bg to kill him. And second if this were to hsppen then each bribe would have to cost around 150 mil to make it fair

Report Post Tip

I don't believe that bribing the bodyguard to take the shot would be right. B.H.R. has it right there. The Godfathers and Godmothers work hard to get where they are.

Now, that being said, I do think this idea has some merit. When I play it's from the aspect of a non-killer. I very rarely ever shoot my gun, or train. This is because I've always been more interested in the money making aspects of the game, which reflects in my characters. This always leads me to be left out of the wars.

What if the bribe to the bodyguard wasn't to take the shot for you, but rather, to look the other way while the shot is taken?

Report Post Tip

It would have to be suitably expensive to make it only beneficial to those who have excelled themselves at making money, one of the primary and often overlooked goals of any mobster.

Whilst a syndicate may not appear particularly strong in terms of guns, perhaps those with the deepest pockets could influence the game fairly significantly.

I agree that it could have some merit, perhaps the chance that you get caught bribing the bodyguards if a certain skill is not high enough? Perhaps specifically linked to another financial aspect of the game? This could then appear in the intended victim's personals or as a mail from Mr Anonymous Bodyguard. So whilst it is a potentially massive reward, the risk is still there.

~T~

Report Post Tip

I agree, Tallien.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Bodyguard Bribery
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL