Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 14:28:13
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Airport Secuirty Tip. Started by: Paul_Walker on Jul 13, '09 12:28

So I got to thinking about the new madam tip and thought of a possible new tip.

I call it Airport Security Tip for now. Basically it has to do with say some Airport official who recently saw someone fly into XXX city. Say we have a rogue pop up and we have no idea where he is. Well we go to the airport security guy and see if he happens to be in the city you are currently in. It won't tell you where he flew to just that he is or isn't in your city.

I thought of this cause of the fact that for some people they have no info skill and can't see very many people.

Now I know this could shorten the life span of said rogue but are we not trying to get rid of them as soon as possible? I also know that this could shorten a war considerably if say you can't seem to find someone in your locals cause their stealth is higher than yours. However after the last two wars and the constant flying and trying to find people I'm sure those involved grew very tired of trying to hunt people down that were taking private flights.

I expect lots of criticism but meh its just a suggestion.

Report Post Tip

Oh and I know we can just put them into the whack page but if they are online and not in our city you have to hitlist them and that can be costly depending on their rank.

Report Post Tip

I don't fully understand this idea as it's laid out.

You want to be able to type someone's name into a "tip feature" and have this "Airport official" tell you if they are in your city or not? Any idea on pricing?

Report Post Tip

More or less yeah. Like asking someone if they have seen this person recently.

Pricing would be average of the amount to hitlist say a Godfather and a Gangster. Add the prices up and get the average. That would be the cost of a tip.

Report Post Tip

While I've no problem with this suggestion...

It's something that I personally would never use.

There are ways around all of the 'issues' mentioned that make/suggest this to be benefical, ways that would make it redundant from day one. As one of the people heavily involved in the last few wars here on MR, I have to say we had very little trouble finding locations very quickly. As long as we had people online, which was 99% of the time, there wasn't an issue.

Report Post Tip

I'm more of a traditionalist and I hate to see things made really easy for anyone.

In my opinion, if you aren't prepared to put in the work then you don't deserve to win. Locating someone isn't perhaps the most difficult task but amusing situations have arisen in the past where people have either got this wrong or been given false information. These acts are part of war and contribute to why they are the most enjoyable aspect of our playing lives. I wouldn't want to reduce that.

Plus the chances of Jon flying to the wrong city mid war, with the best gun, then shooting a Gangster, would be greatly reduced by this and that was well funny.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Airport Secuirty Tip.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL