Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 21:25:05
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
New Auth- Windy City Started by: Oliver_McTavish on Nov 13, '07 17:16
Oliver McTavish let out a small chuckle to himself as he approached a small crowd of people milling up and down the street outside the Chicago union station. With one last deep breath the tall man hopped up onto a nearby curb and cleared his throat loudly. Only gaining the attention of few passerby, the man decided to move forward with his initial speaking plan anyway.

My fellas and ladies, I am here to make an announcement. Once upon a time... well, maybe not that long ago. How about this opener instead:

Five minutes after I opened my Headquarter doors in Chicago, I had the opportunity to take in a young man off the streets. His former Boss- as well as mine- had just fallen casualty to a war, and without hesitating for a moment this young Mafioso was ready to lay his life on the line and fight beside me to make right what was wrong. His loyalty to the family we once had led him to me; his heart and determination was enough to keep him going through the bleakest moments of those blood-filled days.

The young Wise Guy was eager and idealistic. Full of ideas that sadly, would be wasted at his rank and his status in our world. After the long, bitter war was over that young man asked me, "What are my chances of ever getting to run my own family?" I told him right there and then- 'don't ask me that or I will put a bullet between your eyes'. Never again did he mention it- never again did he ever question my motives or question my word. I knew, in the deepest crevices of my mind, that there would come a day when I could no longer keep him forever as a Badass.

Why is that? Even after I 'shot him down' so to say, this young man still did all he could to gain an upstanding reputation in this world. When the streets looked bleak, he did his best to step forward and engage new comers and old-hands alike in thought-provoking discussions and debates. When my Headquarters were at first barren, this man exerted all his effort into helping me create a family atmosphere. He has run friendly competitions, run his own Chicago and New York speak-easies, held a position as a Sub-Crew Leader, and even at times has filled in for my esteemed position of Right Hand.

Most importantly though- this man has been nothing but one-hundred percent honest with me. A truly honest person is extremely rare to come by in our lifestyle- and though at times it has been hard to hear this man has always kept true to his virtues, morals and his loyalty to our family. He was one of the very first men I let into my trusted inner circle, and has only grown closer with time and experience in our world.

It is only with joy in my heart that I can say this man's time has come to a close in Badass Inc.'s Headquarters. Though it will be impossible to ever replace him, he has outgrown what I can offer him. This is why I am finally honoring that young, fresh-faced mobster's wishes, and granting him his own family.

He will be located beside me in Chicago, so that together we can build a community that both homebodies and visitors alike can find respect, understanding and hospitality within. Without further ado, I would like to welcome Jay-C and his new family into the Windy City. I have every faith that you will continue to make me more proud every day, and know that I will always support your decisions, as you have always supported mine. Congratulations, my friend.
Report Post Tip
There couldn't be a more deserving candidate. My bloodline has seen first hand his immeasurable loyalty and contribution he's given and made to Badass, Inc and it was nothing short of a joy to watch him rise through the ranks (or so my Grandfather said)

Congratulations Jay-C.
Report Post Tip
Well Jay you know the way yourself and I have gotten on. We've butted heads a few times in private conversations. But from talking with you and seeing the way you've interacted with the family in the HQ and with people on the streets there might just be something to you.

Congrats on your auth.

Spanky
Report Post Tip
i'd have to say that this person would have been at the top of my list if i was in the position of the leaders too

congratulations Jay-C very much deserved
Report Post Tip
anibaS walks up to the fine looking man with the shining new suit, she doesn't know if its okay but still gives the man a friendly hug and shakes his hand

I have known you now for a while now and even if we don't talk to each other everyday I have a feeling that you will be doing a great job. I just wanted to get this chance to say congrats on the opportunity given to you, and good luck.
Report Post Tip
And another one bites the dust.

WHY, OLLIE?

Why did you stop loving us?

Jay-C, don't worry. I have the number for a great support group.
Report Post Tip
my good man, i can not think of a more deserving man that yourself. You have been a fantastic servant to Oliver and i know that you will go on from here and show the world how good you are.

Many many congratulations
Report Post Tip
Oh dear lord.

What has the world come to?

Shoot me now!
Report Post Tip
Jay-C you will be one of the best I'm sure!
Report Post Tip
CONGRATS AND A SALUTE!

Tips hat and raises wine glass
Report Post Tip
Carlo inclines his head toward Jay.

Congrats my friend, very much deserved
Report Post Tip
Witchy walks up to Jay and shakes his hand, a tear in her eye.

"This makes me very proud to see you achieve this, I wish you a long and happy life. Good luck my friend"
Report Post Tip
We all seen this comming, I'm proud to be your friend. Good Job and good luck.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Jay-C. I wish you and the city of Chicago the best.

Salud! mi amigo.
Report Post Tip
My good sir I must say to you that I think your choice a splendind one. One can never be carful of the choises that one makes in life, and where matters of gr8 self sacrefice lie, I feam I must state that you are infinetly above us. To lose such a good younge chap and let him run his own outif is a noble thing indeed.

Algernon then pulls out his pocketwatch.

I fear I must be going now though, It is nearly seven and I shall be late to dinner. A man should never be late to dinner, it is quite rude.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Jay-C.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Jay! ]:)
Report Post Tip
Butch walks up to the crowd and eyes Jay-C.

Thought I would come out and give a big congratulations to a fellow family member who has now received the ultimate honor. May your new family grow strong and help you to become the great family head that many here can already see you as.
Report Post Tip
Sixth stands in the back of the crowd and listens to the announcement on the street and smiles to herself. She walks over to the coffeehouse thats just over from where Oliver Is making the annoucement. Taking window seat Sixth waits for the crowd to disperse. When she see's that Jay-C is alone she stands to pay for her coffee and wanders over to where he stands. Sixth smiles brightly when her eyes meet Jay-C. Lowering her sunglasses to look him directly in the eye she takes his hands in hers

'I cant convey the pride I feel seeing someone so deserving be given this honor...Oliver has made a wise decision...our bloodlines go way back to distant shores...If ever you need anything at all my contacts are on this gold coin, the same coin our anscetors wore before us with honor. Dont hesitate you use them.'

Sixth takes the gold chain and coin her mother gave her at Jay-C's father funeral long ago from her purse and places it in Jay-C's hands...As Sixth turns to walk away she looks with pride at the young man over her shoulder, winks and smiles his way...before sliding her sunglasses back up and disappearing around the corner
Report Post Tip
Jay listens to everyone congrtulate him, a tear forming in his eye

"Thank you so much everyone for showing your support, it really means a lot to me. I look forward to working with Oliver and Badass Inc. I know there are still a lot of good people in there. (Maybe not as good as me, but still a little bit good)"

Jay smiles, and shakes Oliver's hand once more

"Thank you friend, you will never know how much this means to me."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Auth- Windy City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL