Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 10:12:51
Page:  1 
Pressures of Being "Made" Started by: LaFionna on Jul 17, '09 08:39

LaFionna walks up to the corner and begins to speak,

I come before all of you today, not speaking as a Made Man, but as just another lower cog of a family. I'm a wise guy, and I'm happy to be somewhat included in what my family does and to include everything I have to help my family succeed. To be "Made", there is some requirements to be done, in order to do be promoted in my Family and City. Now, I'm not saying thats wrong, but I believe too many people just do the requirements just to be able to become "Made". I believe the pressure to just do the requirements as fast as possible and just wait until you get there, has overrided the evolving of one's character and role-play. I'm not trying to point fingers or blame, but rather try and to help others in getting the most out of this thing of ours. I believe we players, who have been deemed "new-bloods", should just go with the flow and try and get the most out of this game and opportunity. If we become "Made", then so be it. It would reflect on more of the evolving characters of this game, and also the mentoring from theĀ "old-bloods". It would strengthing our families and this thing of ours, that much more

LaFionna wipes the bead of sweat off his brow, and dispearses into the crowd

Report Post Tip

Kung speaks up from his spot in the crowd below.

This is exactly what Tie was thinking about when he implemented his new way of becoming a made.

You have a meeting with him and the godmother, and you try to make them believe that you deserve to be a part of the family. If you can convince them, then you will be made, and introduced to your brothers. Then, and only then, will I consider you part of the family, and I believe that's one of the things Tie was going for.

There are no "requirements," just you and your word and your wit with your boss and godmother. Now that is pressure.

Report Post Tip

That is why we have RHM, LHM, Crew Consig's and Godfathers/mothers.

We go from what they say. I follow some requirments set by my Godmother as I am only a Captain. I also have a few requirments of my own. Even after you meet those requirments I won't just go ahead and promote straight away. Thats not how I look at it, I always make sure that they still continue to follow these requirments because if they don't then it just moves further and further away from them.

Once you have become Made then I don't like to keep a good mobster behind, but.. if I see them not pulling their weight then I will. Its simple really. Its all down to the Upper Structure and knowing people.

I like the way Tie and Aurora do their promotions. Its really good. I do the same in Detroit also except to even start getting towards that meeting you have to meet some requirments aswell. Thats the pressure about trying to get to Made Man.

Report Post Tip

I agree DK, as you know I follow the guidelines set forth by GodFather Marietta as well. She carefully decides who is loyal and true to family.

I also have strict guidelines of my own the crew must meet.

Detroit doesn't play and just give a nod to anyone for being mediocre.

Report Post Tip

thats is very hard work

Report Post Tip

I agree 100% with you man. You need the experienced guys to help out the new blood. The new blood should go with the flow and role play and learn everything they can from the old-blood. Good speech man. It is a great point

Report Post Tip

I agree with DK and the only reason is because i was made in his family and the guidelines are strict for a reason they are putting these guidelines in place becasue they are hoping that you can some day run your own family so you have to know how everything works thats there job

Report Post Tip

it is true though that perhaps the requirements are too rigid, one doesn't want someone in their family purely because they have jumped through certain hoops perhaps at the expense of other facets of their development. when some people automatically 'click' with their boss and other members of the family as a trustworthy person it seems only natural (not fair this isn't a legitimate business with employee rights and suchlike) that they should rank quicker than those who are deemed suspicious. Not even the army has such exact requirements of ranking up as in some families and as obvious the mafia is far less official, I believe that guidelines are only fair but that bosses should be able to spare the time to view making someone on a case by case basis rather than just ticking boxes.

Report Post Tip

From Jul 17, '09 14:46 to Sep 16, '09 13:18. Long wait for a reply... is this even valid anymore seeing as the author is dead?

Report Post Tip

well especially as the answer was only 5 words long, point's still still valid regardless of the status of the author.

Report Post Tip

seemed like the subject was brought up for anotheer notch on someones post count

Report Post Tip

i think u need to earn being a made man. and it is a awesome rank and u need to have ur wits about u to do this. and a made man needs to help his family any way he can.

Report Post Tip

Ciaranc, it looks like you're on to somthing there. Although it surprises me that somebody would go to such lengths as to go so far back in the transcripts just to provide such a short comment.

Report Post Tip

ive seen it a lot recently, wise-guys trying to seem more active...normally i wouldnt complain but when your responding to a 2 month old post with a two word answer it just looks dodgy

Report Post Tip

Wow I couldn't agree any more, To be a "Made" isn't a given.

It's an honor to be named a "Made"

Report Post Tip

Sava pulls up on her bike in a tight white shirt knoted up at the bottom and tight black pants, her hair up in bunches and blowing in the wind.

'It is a great honor for me to be made also'

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Pressures of Being "Made"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL