Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 19:14:43
Page:  1 
MafiaReturns - I need your help Started by: Tallien on Jul 21, '09 14:47

I've got a sneaky suspicion this thread may end up with no replies, but I'll risk it anyway. Hopefully the dramatic title has brought you this far.

I don't really want to give the game away at this stage, but basically myself and a few of The Northern Lights are undertaking a project that, I hope at least, will turn out to be pretty enjoyable for everyone.

In order to do this project a fairly interesting and substantive subject matter is required. I've quickly realised however, that my absence has left my chosen subject matter fairly dated. Whilst that isn't a massive problem, it may put the newer people off as they may not have a clue what I'm talking about and thus not be very interested in it.

Therefore what I'm looking for is something of a mafia historian or anyone who has intimate knowledge of a significant Mafia/MafiaReturns event. Which of the two it is doesn't really matter, provided you have an understanding of what happened and why. Preferably, at least at this stage, a MafiaReturns event would be better. The event itself could be anything really, although the way it is playing out in my head it would probably best be a war, although the prevention of war and mafia politics at play could be just as interesting.

It doesn't really matter whether you won or lost if it was a war, whether you ballsed up massively and caused the event in question or if you silver tongued everyone and avoided a massive conflict. All that is important is that you know what happened, why it happened and the choices you made to make it happen.

I'm not trying to open a can of worms or cause trouble with this request. All I am really looking for is someone/people who was/were at the heart of any event that wouldn't be against talking me through the events that unfolded. I've seen that some of you like to relive past glories (who doesn't), well this is the perfect opportunity for you to dine out on them.

Your own allegiance is irrelevant, so whether you hated the opposition or were forced into a corner doesn't make the slightest difference. Similarly if you are not my biggest fan or you are (Rourke), your help would be greatly appreciated with this project and hopefully you will find it enjoyable as well. I would imagine in fact, someone with an opposing viewpoint to my own could add an excellent spin on this.

I can't really offer much in the way of rewards, but I'm sure I can knock a bit of cash together for anyone who takes the time to assist me. Or if you're a leader and are intrigued by this at all, I'll happily run through what I'm intending to do if you'll help me entice people (or you) into helping.

Respond here or drop me a mail if you're interested.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Way back in the days of the Mighty Oberon, and RHM cohort ummmmm...name escapes me for now. I was a Boss ranked hitter named Gopher_Assassin. I was still kinda new but being around the likes of MannyLuciano,FlyingPig, Tallien (there's that fookin name)Sly(Oberon) Bella and the rest,I was learning fast. How it went was that Oberon had taken a severe dislike to a certain Crtewleader named DonVito.DonVito ran a crew out of Chicago and had 142 members in his family with many very highranked members. I was sitting in a random coffee shop one day and got talking to this random dude. This guy talked a bit and then said that he had to run as he was going away for the long weekend,to go camping. It turns out this random guy was DonVito himself. As I returned to the infamous #gotmilk I heard Tallien and Oberon talking about this DonVito. I mentioned to Oberon what i had heard. Tallien comfirmed it as well and the decision was made that Tallien would try a shot at DonVito's RHM after DonVito went away. There were 25 of us hitters at the ready and we waited. Tallien lined up target after target for each and every hitter. Then the time came, Success! Tallien ordered everyone to fire. And we did......After 6  hours Oberon logged on and fired a shot into DonVito's heart to finish him off. 142 members had died before Donvito himself. We took no losses and we never missed a shot. This was my very first look at a well planned and thought out execution takedown. It was some good times indeed.

Report Post Tip

Haha, good times indeed.

I'm sure I remember that RHM from somewhere. I can't seem to place him though.

Unfortunately though, for this, as glorious as that was, it isn't really applicable. It needs to be an event that wasn't so straightforward.

~T~

Report Post Tip

I can give you a lovely rundown of CharlieParker's death if you are interested. Sad part is that no one has heard of him before.

Report Post Tip

Providing you get the help/info you need for this Tallien, this could be something very entertaining, not to mention something original, which is quite a rare thing in this world.

Get the finger out people and share your side/knowledge of such events with Tallien.

Report Post Tip

Those who have agreed to help have my thanks and gratitude.

Any who wish to do so would be more than welcome.

~T~

Report Post Tip

I can tell you the story first person about Jonnie "The Monster" Reese and Billy "The killer" bath tub, the night they toppled CP.

IF you like.

Report Post Tip

I thought about that one, but I'm not sure it would work due to the external factors that made it possible.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Well I have thought about it again Tallien, and maybe this one will work.

Way back in the day, there was a young upstart named VinnieTheShank. He was a new, wet behind the ears RHM for Scarin.Vinnie had this huge chip on his shoulder and figured he was the be all and end all to anything. He had started in this world in the same family as Scarins ancestors and was taught basically everything he knew at the time from her. Vinnie was a very agressively defensive RHM for his leader and had many a street debate with Money_B in regards to his leader and family. One day two brothers joined the ranks of the then "Benevolent Souls". They went by the names Nicky and Jimmy, they became fixtures in the HQ and Nicky the older of the two, seemed to butt heads with young Vinnie and did not get along very well. Vinnie had many a discussion with Scarin about this and voiced his opinion of his dislike for this Nicky's attitude. Vinnie thought long and hard one day after an altercation in the family bar. He had decided he was gonna WACK this Nicky. Vinnie had, had enough and decided that even if he missed he would HQ this guy. And yes Vinnie was a hothead. That very night Vinnie was all set to do the deed, and had what Vinnie could only say was a vision of sorts. He thought about it some more and decided not to follow through on his plan and have a meeting with everyone in the morning to hash everything out. Well the meeting took place and all was settled,and as always most of it was misunderstandings and egos. About 2 months later Nicky shot and killed -mrevilman and went on to some pretty big things in his lifetime. What is to say would of happened had Vinnie went through with his plan?

Is this more of what you were looking for?

Report Post Tip

Tallien don't shoot a good idea down. You asked for it and Premier gave it to you.

Plus, I'd love to hear the story about Jonnie "The Monster" Reese and Billy "The killer" Bath Tub. I've never heard it before and it seems like a blockbuster.

Report Post Tip

As I've said already, due to the external factors that made it possible, it wouldn't work for this.

I'll drop you a mail about that one though Deano as I think we could do something with that story.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Now RedHood, don't be silly, we know you've all heard about the buggy code that made success possible that day, not to mention the flimsy solution in the aftermath. Everyone else has heard it many times and, as far as I can tell, most people seem to have moved on. Lets all be grown ups, can we? That one was rhetorical, don't worry. Tallien's trying to do something that could be quite interesting and entertaining, that story is neither given the larger context of that particular situation. Doesn't look to me like he's biting, so lets move on, shall we?

Report Post Tip

Here's a little something I threw up that I hope you can use Tallien.

I can still remember the exact point in which I committed myself to a certain path of action. Having made the progression from being Don Daera's Left Hand Man, to his New York Captain right up to being the Don of my own city, Chicago; I made the decision that he must die, and began to enlist the help of now famous names.

The board was set; Daera's new Captain ShagggyD had recently fallen foul of a terrible RHM who HQ'ed around 21 members of his crew. Largely, the community was united in grief at such a dispicable act; but two rather outspoken chaps were revelling in it, cracking several jokes about the event and generally alluding that ShagggyD was a stupid cunt and a bad leader for letting someone be RHM who later decimated his crew. The two men in question were Schwarz, a wise guy with Marietta - still a consig and leader of a relatively small crew at this stage and gregz0r, a Capo in my own family.

Understandably, their actions didn't please Daera and he said in #crewleader something along the lines of "Keep those guys out of New York (his city) or I'll shoot them." Me, being the confrontational sort of fellow that I was didn't take the words too kindly, and informed him if he indeed shoot my Capo, he wouldn't see the day out. The atmosphere got very heated, until Marietta/Kendra managed to calm me down a bit in pm. Still, although she'd stopped me from totally blowing my top in the heat of the moment; I had decided this was the final straw and spoke to my good friends Mont and Caligula about putting the wheels in motion. We had been mulling over the possibility of war for a good while; the two largest factors being that A)We wanted to seize power for ourselves and B)The two biggest forces at the time were Daera and Iris, and we felt their nepotistic approach was creating stagnancy. In particular, both Caligula and Mont and their higher ups had spent time in the upper echelons of Iris's crew and felt deeply aggrieved that despite their auths, they were widely criticised and not regarded as equals.

Thus, we picked a date and time when all of our boys were online and Daera and Iris were not; and we went hell for leather. Needless to say the war itself is it's own story, and individual actions of all involved players can have drastic effects, but I feel in this case especially the decisions made and the paths taken to see that war was the ultimate conclusion threw just as many alternative possibilites up.

Report Post Tip

Okay Tallien how about the other side, the people fighting Jonnie "The Monster" Reese and Billy "The killer" Bath Tub movement? I'm pretty sure the opposite side of the war was not bugging out. Would that count towards what you are going for?

Report Post Tip

I don't think so.

This is because the whole thing is based on hypotheticals and what would have happened had certain choices been made differently. Whilst they are only hypotheticals making those as realistic as possible is going to be difficult enough when the game ran as it should do. As that whole situation was affected by the external factors at work, I'm inclined to think that regardless of the choices anyone made, things happened that would not have usually happened and should not have happened, happened. Therefore, I would prefer to stick to situations where I can at least apply some logic to the proceedings and hopefully achieve a realistic outcome.

If you have any other applicable situations, I'll be glad to hear about them.

~T~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: MafiaReturns - I need your help
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL