Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 17:53:02
Page:  1 
Potential Game Change (Jail Bribe) - Opinions Started by: Marc0 on Jul 28, '09 21:12

Original Suggestion:

Credits or cash for an early release - Started by: Marc0 at Jul 05, '09 06:51

I believe it should be possible to spend a credit, or a fee (depending on your rank) to have yourself released from jail. I know that you can get bail in real life, so maybe it should be possible to bribe the guards or something of that description to have yourself released from jail. It will take money out of the game, but it has to be such that it isn't used excessively much so that people will only want to use it if they're going to spend a full sentence in jail, to make it worth it.

I am informed that this change is very likely to be put in by the developers of the site, and volunteered to write a thread to gather a general consensus of the idea and any additions/changes that you would like to see made to it.

Currently, the idea is that credits will be able to be used to bribe the guards of the jail to release you from their custody. The suggested bribe is 0.1 credits per minute of your jail sentence, which amounts to 1 credit for a 10 minute sentence, 1.5 credits for 15 minute sentence and 2 credits for a 20 minute sentence (obviously decreasing as your time in jail decreases).

My own opinion is that it should become more steep a price per minute after the original 10 minute sentence, ie. 0.1 credits per minute up to 10 minutes, 0.2 credits per minute between 10-15 minutes and 0.5 credits per minute between 15-20 minutes. This would amount to 1 credit for the full ten minute sentence, 2 credits for the full 15 minute sentence and 4.5 credits for the full 20 minute sentence.

All opinions would be greatly appreciated, even if they are just reinforcing someone else's point or agreeing with another individual's post. For reference sake, the original suggestion received two replies and these replies were as follows:

I like the idea, but I think it should only apply for 10 minute sentences.
Reply by: Kates at Jul 05, '09 10:49

An interesting proposal. If brought in, I'd like to see the cost of such a 'bribe' being VERY expensive, as it shouldn't become common place and used only in an emergency. I'd suggest something like 250k or 3 credits for a user mm and above, with it set slightly lower for wg's and below (maybe 150k or 2 credits).
Reply by: Deimne at Jul 05, '09 15:47

Report Post Tip

You could set a base price for each second your in jail say $100per second,  so it will cost you $60000 to get out if you in for 10mins. This just one of my thoughts on this subject as not everyone has credits.

Report Post Tip

Not much to add here regarding the actual "price" of said bribe for a jailbreak, but I agree with the original idea that they should be based upon credits rather than straight cash. Cash is obviously extremely liquid and, in my opinion, would be used too easily in these sort of situations.

Report Post Tip

I think its a good idea. But as Irish_Monkey said not everyone has credits. But Rouke is correct too. how about making it cost cheaper in credits than in cash? Also it could be set that there is a possibility of failure of the busting out if paid in cash like in jailbreaking.

Report Post Tip

Jagger1990 and Irish_Monkey - I'm going to take this opportunity to point you to "News and Info", "Credit Marketplace". You can buy credits off there with in game money, usually for around 45k-55k a credit. For arguments sake, we'll call it 50k a credit. That would mean that you would be giving the guard a 50k bribe for 10 minutes remaining on your sentence, 75k bribe for 15 minutes remaining and 100k for 20 minutes remaining (if the proposed 0.1 credits per minute idea is the final decision). If it follows my own proposed credit bribe scheme, then it would be 50k for 10 minutes remaining, 100k for 15 minutes remaining and 225k for 20 minutes remaining.

(This mathematics is based on an approximation of the average cost per credit on the the user-driven credit marketplace and could therefore change in time.)

Report Post Tip

This could potentially be a good thing. It would certainly help out in emergency situations.

But, as you mentioned guis, the price for such a bribe should be high, so as it is not just an every time your in you get out kind of thing.

Report Post Tip

I have already given you my opinion on this Marc0..

I do not like this idea. People use jailbreaking to rank up too quickly as it is, those people are the people with lots of credits/money to waste. A bribe is just making it even easier and quicker to rank up.

Introducing this idea, in my honest opinion, would be a travesty.

~Dicko.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Potential Game Change (Jail Bribe) - Opinions
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL