Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 00:29:18
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Coup d'état Started by: Odd on Jul 31, '09 04:15

My Idea is this: How about the ability for a Right Hand Man to take over a family.

But not in the traditional sense, like when your Crew Leader makes Godfather. I'm talking about forcefully taking over the Family. I am sure there are more details that will need to be examined but for the most part it would go like this:

Crew Leader (we'll call him Frankie) is running the show and not doing sucha  bad job at it, when suddenly he makes a decision  that's a bad one, and lots of people are angry at him (ANGRY FACE). Now that Right Hand Man of the family (we'll call him 'X')thinks that Frankie is showing "Unfathomable Dishonor"  and needs to get him out of power. How can he do this? Well he can just shoot Frankie and kill him, but then he has to worry about vultures(we'll call them Kes, Cid and Eric).

X has Killed Frankie at this point, mean while Kes and Eric are going on a killing spree picking off all of the unsponsored folks, as well as other Crew Leaders (we'll call them Uncle_Nicky, Jimmy_T and Evsie) member whoring all these newly unsponsored folks...

Now the only two people that didn't make out in the deal are Frankie and X...sheesh! You got UN, JT and Evsie all with 5 - 10 more members, Kes, cid and Eric have added a couple of notches to there belt and X is probably dead because people see him as a threat and a rogue and took him out right after he took out Frankie!..wow that sucks!

WHAT IF it were coded in to have a Coup d'état? Heres how it would work, Same scnario as before only this time X decides to use that melon for more than painting it for an Ozzfest Concert. This time he is getting the family to back him up, I mean after all Frankie is an embarassment. He sends out "invitations" to memebers of the family, they can either accept or decline. This invitation would be an invitaiton to the Coup d'état. The more people he gets to accept the better chance he gets to take over. Once its initiated, the crew leaders reaction time can slow down. Maybe he's only allowed to load one page per minute? Every 30? Maybe his HQ ability is suspended, or the crew page is disabled for the CL all together for a yet undertermined amount of time.

How about if once you initiate the over throw, both the Frankie and X become equals in all skill sets. For every member of the family that says "YES" to the Coup d'état X's gun gets that much better. For those that he doesn't ask, that's a boost for Frankie. That's that respond with "NO" even more defense...a lot of different aspects to this.

But the basic idea is, the RHM overthrowing his crew leader with the help of 'onboard' members of the family.

Thoughts?

Ideas?

Additions?

Likes?

Dislikes?

Report Post Tip

excuse the part that don't makes sense...its after 4in the morning

Report Post Tip

I like the idea but what if a loyal member was sent an invite and he declined it and warned the CL is there anything he could do to counter the take over.

Report Post Tip

why it would have to be planned, once the Coup d'état was initiated...the Crew Leaders functionality would slow...examples given above

Report Post Tip

I've heard variations of this idea in the past- I'm not sure how feasible/necessary it is.

If an RHM wants to try to take over a family, what's currently stopping them? Get a bunch of guys with guns together and give it your best shot. Maybe discuss the situation with another family who has a grudge against your boss so that you could potentially be legitimized after the takeover.

If you say "well, the other CLs would just shoot that RHM for killing their boss and taking over"... I would submit that the odds of this happening are the same regarding the method used, no?

Report Post Tip

I like the idea, Godfather, but why couldn't the RHM simply rebuild the family? I am sure that everybody who hadn't been whored from the family would flock back.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Coup d'état
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL