Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 21:24:50
Page:  1 
Newspaper Started by: RileyFreeman on Nov 15, '07 23:30
Walking into the office you notice Riley hard at work behind his desk. He motions for you to take a seat and hangs up the phone

You think your preety gangster don't you? All that work your putting in out there is great but whos going to know about it if theres no paper. You want to really go down in history? How about you try going out there and finding out the storys behind these funerals, these wars, these new Headquaters being built every other week.

I'll be here, you hit the streets and come talk to me later.

You pick up the new copy of The Mafia Tribune before walking out
Report Post Tip
Considering people don't come out on the streets about the funerals that happen what makes you think people will want it published in print?

Also the wars that happen, well we haven't had any in a while now, plus generally when they do happen word filters around about who, what where and why. Again though there are more than likely gonna be reasons that family heads are going to deem not for public attention.

Finally onto the new HQ's being built, you'll find if I'm not mistaken it's common practise for the authing CL to present their auth and for the new CL to then make a speech about themselves, their family and what they feel they are gonna bring to our world.

II heard it said before on another corner that a previous editor worked tirelessly on the paper herself when she wasn't getting submissions, If the head reporter is out here asking for us to write the stories exactly what is it you do?
Report Post Tip
I'm odl i'm tired and yes I'm stupid.

just realsied what this was about and I'm in a abd mood, sorry for the rant, feel free to start bashing.
Report Post Tip
I'm not going to bash you. You actually made some decent points. The paper should have new perspectives and new news, not a rehash of what has already been said.

Maybe you could help Riley and bring some fresh ideas to the paper?
Report Post Tip
*wanders up to the newspaper man

Damn you are a bit younger then the last gentleman that was out here earlier. You seem a bit young but your eyes look like they have seen a thing or two Sir.

I'm not going to bash however I do think that perhaps we should let the new editor have a little bit of time to get his feet under himself. Yeah it is a big job but lets see how he finds his feet and the standard that he sets. Unfortunately, we tend to want to compare people like horses you know height, stature, ability to run etc.. but each person is a tad bit different and will have their strengths and weaknesses. To compare this new guy to somebody that it seems everybody thinks highly of seems a bit unfair, granted I'm a bit of a n00b in this land but that is like comparing a light weight that is 15 years old and starting out to a Heavy weight like George Foreman.

IMHO
Report Post Tip
Just to let everyone know I'm open for suggestions and ideas. Whatever you think will make the paper better, submit it. I will also be writing for the paper but it's not my job to come up with the whole thing.
Report Post Tip
Good luck with your recent promotion to Editor, Mr. Freeman and I wish you all the best with running the Gazette successfully. When time permits, I will do my best to put together a couple articles to aid your endeavour.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Newspaper
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL