Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:01:28
Page:  1 
Costly computer or connection fails Started by: _Raptor_ on Aug 11, '09 04:52

The day was going well, an uneventful drive to work, half way through my first coffee and already got a quick petty in the bag.I check the drug prices on offer and sure enough the value of Heroin that i'd bought last night had lived up to my hedging bet and made me a tidy profit, whats more there was some very low price Barbs available, i was off to a flyer.....

That was until at the crucial moment of shaking hands with the barbs dealer just 2 minutes before the drug prices were likely to change and..................................................... nothing - my normally bombproof connection drops out of knowhere quicker than Rourke drops his pants at a "I've got leprosy and can prove it convention"

Then as magically as it dissappeared (not a reference to Rourkes lack of manhood) it reappeared and sure enough Barbs have rocketed in price - Grrrrrr 100k missed out on just for that couple of minutes of lost connection.

Can anyone else share similar or preferably more costly tales of woe relating to things they've missed out on in game due to unexpected factors out of their own control? A missed shot during a war or that once in a lifetime 12k coke deal etc?

Yours 100k worse off,

Raptor

Report Post Tip

Awww Raptor its horrible when things like that happen, Usually thing that happen to me are my own fault, like when there was 10k coke and i brought them at 4k tried to fly to the city to sell them just to find i hadnt actually brought drugs in the first place..its funny now but i was shouting at the computer at the time.

I am also getting quite good at flying to the incorrect city...again my own fault.

It will be interesting to see what others post in here tho,

Report Post Tip

the old days off having to post a hit before firing at an IA.

Nothing worse than posting a hit and having your internet freeze up. Several piece of crap monitors bear battle scars from my right hand due to this malfunction.......I still think Bill Gates is a bitch and should be beaten with an I - Pod....yes i do blame him for everything computer related.

Report Post Tip

The internet fail immediately after a wackback is always a tense couple of moments. Especially on the old game where you got the same message for death or jail.

"You feel the blood dripping down your forehead..."

click, click, click, click.

Ask on IRC "Am I dead?" only to realise nobody will receive the message, more frantic clicking and then luckily, the page finally does load and it turned out you are dead.

Excellent.

~T~

Report Post Tip

hahaha

old times

it is a wonder we even have any nerves left.

oh yeah i don`t nvm

Report Post Tip

There was this one time when I screwed up a coding update and my broken laptop crashed on me. Took me about 10 minutes to get it working again. Meanwhile, nobody could use the forums. It was quite frustrating at my end. I didn't want to be shouted at by Izzy. :(

Report Post Tip

I had 10 coke i bought for 6k each. Coke was selling at 10 k.Also had 6 grain alcohol bought for 200, now at 1k. Computer crashed. Got back on. Coke at 5k, grain aat 400.

Report Post Tip

I was pretty much inactive through an entire war due to severe connection troubles. 

Report Post Tip

Non-game-related, the worst is when you're doing online job assessment tests and the fkin thing disappears - it assumes you've bottled the test and are trying to reload for another crack, and so you get a terrible grade...

Report Post Tip

Well I had never experienced this problem.  The first time I read this, I had no connection to what you were complaining about.  But this weekend I went and stayed with some family, and their connection was garbage.  Every 20 minutes the internet would come up with an error message, and I would have to close IE and open a new window.

Report Post Tip

I think the biggest problem there is your mention (use) of Internet Explorer.

Report Post Tip

I have IE on my laptop at home and I have no problems with it ever.  I think the computer I was using just had issues.

Report Post Tip

I've got low connection in my area so i keep have faliures when trying to load page's.

yesterday i went to buy a load or coke at 4500 ish and comp froze and kicked me out when i signed back in it was 9450....

ahhhhhhhh was porper mad

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Costly computer or connection fails
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL