Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 07:49:50
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
AJAX on IE Started by: Asylum on Aug 12, '09 13:14

So as a veteran user I typically use firefox and I like it quite a bit but.... big but here.... I also play at work and cannot use AJAX even if I choose to. I was wondering if it will be setup so it can be used in IE. I'm on a company connection and firewall so it blocks any downloads of firefox. So I was just thinking maybe its time to set it up. I don't know if it's being developed or not but I think that should be a big focus. Plus a lot of users still use IE.

Report Post Tip

I'm in the exact situation. Killing on IE is very frustrating.

Report Post Tip

thats basically because IE sucks

Report Post Tip

That may be true but we are talking about being constrained to IE. Not a personal choice.

Report Post Tip

Yeah Shitbrick it's about opening it to all browsers. Trying to shoot from IE is nearly and almost completely impossible. My bloodline has been in the killing life a longtime and even when not still know how to hunt with the best. All I'm saying is hitting isn't the great secret it once was. Anyone who has an idea on how to do it, can. It's just time it's IE capable.

Report Post Tip

you should ask your boss if you can get Firefox...so you can play games on his/her time and kill people on your game better. Let me know how your boss feels about that, then have them endorse a letter and submit to Crooked Studios formally requesting the miss use of company funding.

Report Post Tip

Odd probably typed the above reply while at work. :)

Report Post Tip

Yeah. I find it funny because I know that marietta, rourke and a few others have played at work. Even you Odd. Whose to say though I'm not at my dads on his computer and thats what he has but doesn't want FF or anything on there. So what, tough shit for me? What about the others that are stuck in that situation only able to use IE? I used IE for a longtime till I found FF for the hitlist method about a year ago. Now there is none but FF is better but still IE isn't capable.

Report Post Tip

Internet Explorer is one of the most (if not the most) used internet browser.

To neglect this vast percentage purposefully would be naive in the extreme. The amount of money pumped into advertising should dictate that the game caters to the most people possible.

The days of killing requiring something resembling skill have long since past. Since it has become a lottery, we may as well include everyone who wants to be included in the draw, regardless of the browser they use.

Although reverting back to requiring to hitlist IAs and them needing to be Gangster to do this would be my 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x greater preference.

~T~

Report Post Tip

This reply is from work....but I have FireFox....

UH OH! Boss is coming GOTTA GO!

Report Post Tip

Tallien, I truly miss the hitlist too. I remember getting 10 kills a day without trying hardily. Now in order to get 5 you have to be around all the time.

Report Post Tip

I am not a coder or anything, but I do know that AJAX does not work on IE. But I think I may have found some articles that may help get the programming done?

http://snippets.dzone.com/tag/ajax

http://www.codecouch.com/2009/01/how-to-stop-internet-explorer-from-caching-ajax-requests/

Report Post Tip

Portable Firefox, it runs off your Usb flash drive

http://portableapps.com/news/2009-08-04_-_firefox_portable_3.5.2

Report Post Tip

hmmm it won't download ANYTHING AT ALL!?

Report Post Tip

Although reverting back to requiring to hitlist IAs and them needing to be Gangster to do this would be my [...] greater preference.

I agree. There is never going to be an ideal setup for everyone, but at least the above required an ounce of skill/reflex. I don't buy the ping excuse either, the one which was oft used at the time when people lost. Shite connection it may have been, yes, but that was hardly anyone else's fault.

Report Post Tip

Wait, why can you AJAX BG WACK, but not AJAX WACK on IE?

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: AJAX on IE
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL