Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 13:45:21
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Godfather Abilitys Started by: Death-Knight on Aug 13, '09 17:12

Hello everyone. Im just looking for all of your thoughts on these abilitys that us as Godfathers of the city should be entitled to. It does say we have them on the tutorial but we don't which saddens me as they are really good abilitys that we have lost. Just wanted some of your opinions on wether you think we should be allowed them back or not.

First is...

Should a Family Head wish to promote one of his/her members Made Man and above, a personal message will go to the Godfather and only with their approval will the promotion then be accepted.

I personally think this would be a great idea. One because atleast then the Godfather is alerted on who is becoming a Made Man +. And two I think we should get this option to accept or not even when promoted to Capo, Boss, Consigliere. (Maybe that could be a git to code so.. thats not a must but the one for Made Man would be nice) I just think it allows us as Godfathers to have more interaction with the promotion to Made Man or Above. Also it allows us to know whos being promoted so we could go Congratulate them personally.

Second is...

Godfathers are able to visit the Head Quarters of the families in their city and keep watch on the proceedings

Once again personally I think this is a great idea so then as Godfather we can go pop into the HQ and say hello maybe or just sit there and watch over whats going on. Make sure everything is still in ship shape. We could just be able to view the HQ forum and not like post in the forums as atleast we can still watch whats going on.

---

With that said I think that about raps up what I personally think we should get. Maybe it will be a cow to code but im sure if it was there in the past it could happen again. I know you coders have a lot to do but this could be another thing to add to the list. So what do all of you lot think ??

Report Post Tip

I agree that Godfathers need to have some more abilities...or 'perks' if you will. I know that ThomasRourke and myself (for example) are attempting to do this through Role Play...but its minimal.

I think that the Godfather should have every member of the his family (the whole city) on his crew page, and a check box (maybe?) for Made Man promotion approval...soemthing along those lines..maybe the ability to turn that approval on or off (sorta like paydays)

But yea, definately would like to see some added options that only Godfathers share. Good one DK!

Report Post Tip

The former, I think, can be roleplayed fairly easily. Any CLs with Wise Guys who are up for promotion would submit the names to the Godfather for approval.

The latter, I think, would be an excellent addition. There is currently a debate raging about whether a Godfather has direct control of the crews in their city or if they're more of an aloof overseer type... but I think everyone can agree that if a Godfather WANTED to go into a headquarters in their city and see what's going on or say something, then they damn well could.

Report Post Tip

As noted, the first one's easily role-played.

The second one is perhaps a coding issue but even then, in theory, it isn't major depending on the kind of role/privilege functionality that is in place behind the scenes, if any. Could be easy, could be tricky, only the coders will know I suppose.

Report Post Tip

Yeah I do agree. I know that the first one can be role-played but we could still role play it and have it how it is as then we don't have to be running around after every single person trying to role play all of it. Just thinking of little extra ways to not only make our lifes easier but give us Godfathers a more sense of control over our city members.

Also the second one like BoabyWan said, it could be difficult to code but its been coded in the past so im sure if could be coded again. But in the end its the coders that decide so lets just leave it to them to decide. Just hoping that we get something along these lines for us Godfathers to be able to have would be nice as we don't really have much diffrent from a normal Don Crew Leader has.

Report Post Tip

The Godfather abilities listed in the Handbook was mostly incorporated by Cathy_Parks from her conversations with Squishy.

I don't think many of the abilities there have ever made it round to being hard coded, although I agree it would be good if they could be. I know nothing of coding, but I assume that due to their continued absence it poses some difficulty.

The second one can be worked around; I've known leaders in the past that sent their RHM to their Captain's HQs to keep an eye on proceedings or at least trusted members. Obviously not ideal solution, but one that has presented an answer to this problem in days passed.

Still, whilst not essential, I'd like to see the Godfather rank become the epitome of our Mafia experience. I'm sure it'll always be an anticlimax when all the hours wasted are weighed against the reward, but that depressing thought aside, lets at least spice it up a bit!

~T~

Report Post Tip

I love it when people who don't know how to code try to judge the difficulty of coding some feature. :)

But, I'm not sure about these features. Just because there [i]is[/i] a Godfather, it doesn't mean the other families will accept his rule. They might be hiding plans to subvert his rule.

Report Post Tip

I think the first point is a waste of time in coding. I would think if the Godfather appointed someone to run a crew they would think they would know when to promote them to Made man and above. I think the Godfather is trying to have to much power in there crews.

Could you not just talk to the CL's and ask them how they are doing. Show the Godfather his earnings etc.

Report Post Tip

I agree 100%.  I don't think the first point is a waste at all. Also, some crews have different percentages for tribute tax, so earnings wouldn't necessarilly mean anything.

Report Post Tip

I dont agree that Made should be the decision of a GF. What happens within a family, is to do with the family. As many have said if the GF wishes this to be a point then they can enforce it by role play. It shouldnt be a necessity though.

On access to HQs I think this should be a priority. If a crew has its own plans then fine but you dont paste them all over the walls of your abode where your GF could walk in at any time. I really think that it is totally feesable that this makes sense. If he is the godfather then he has every right to have access to his under families places of residence...

Report Post Tip

You prove a great point. Didn't look at it that way.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Godfather Abilitys
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL