Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:49:09
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Can you delete my thread?! Started by: Sprozza on Aug 15, '09 09:41

No.

Well, if you've posted it in the wrong forum...accidentally goofed up all the formatting or made some ridiculous racist et cetera comments, yes I will delete it. These are legit reasons for a thread to be wacked or moved elsewhere.

However, if you want your thread to be deleted because you gaffed it all up and made an idiot of yourself because it's contradicting someone in your own family, full of spelling errors, or just a load of rubbish, then it won't be deleted. There is a reason why players are not given an edit/delete button. This is meant to be an RP game, you're not supposed to be allowed to make an idiot of yourself, then use a Men in Black neuralyser to make everyone forget.

Our job is to assist in the running of the game, not to assist in helping you redeem your mistakes - unless they are of an OOC nature as mentioned above.

Just a heads up!

Love ya.

Report Post Tip

While all the staff are happy to assist rectify genuine errors of an OOC nature (a slip with tags for example), that does not extend to removing acts of stupidity. We all live and die by our actions, they can't just disappear into the ether.

StreetCleaner follows a similiar set of guidelines as those laid out above. Requests outside of those deemed acceptable can and will be refused.

Report Post Tip

Can you delete Alfieri plz?

Report Post Tip

Why hasn't Alfieri been killed off yet? Admins help with that solution please. It is a far more grave a matter then thread placement.

Report Post Tip

heh heh

Report Post Tip

Can you delete Sprozza? It's been too long since he wackbacked :/

Report Post Tip

Figured I would bump this thread, since I've (or we've? Can't tell if I'm schizophrenic or not yet) had a lot of similar requests lately.

Thanks in advance for reading the above!

Report Post Tip

Ok, so, we all know I'm nice. I will do my best to help people when it comes to threads.. However, I am SICK and TIRED of daily mails of "kin u dlete my thread".

Quite simply, NO I will not delete your thread unless it breaks forum/game rules.

Report Post Tip

Having seen at least one thread deleted lately which did not break game rules, I am curious to know if this is actually the case?

~T~

Report Post Tip

I would say plagiarism is something of a grey area, the sooner an established and non negotiable rule is written the better!

Report Post Tip

Well I can only go on the black and white rules, which make no reference to plagiarism being a reason for removal of a thread.

If you're stupid enough to get caught blatantly ripping off someone else, I think you should have to face the criticism you're due for it.

You should not be bailed out and spared your blushes.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Tallien, I deleted that thread. I deleted it not because I wanted to bail him out and spare his blushes. I deleted it because I wanted to circumvent any chance of a lawsuit against MafiaReturns.com

You see Plagarism is illegal, but I guess you should know that.

Report Post Tip

Furthermore when did I start having to answer to you whenever I want to delete a thread?

Report Post Tip

When did I say you had to answer to me whenever you wanted to delete a thread?

I would think the obvious answer is that you are under no obligation to answer to me. My curiousity is not demanding of your response unless you decide it is, as you did here. Whilst it may be nice to pretend I demanded an answer to why that thread was deleted, I did not.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Also, plagiarism itself is not necessarily illegal.

~T~

Report Post Tip

"plagiarism itself is not necessarily illegal."

huh? This totally goes against whatever little I know about the law. If you post something you copied from a copyrighted website, I think you risk being sued.

Report Post Tip

That would be breach of copyright.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Academic plagiarism isn't illegal. It is highly frowned upon and grounds for discharge from schooling, but it falls under "academic dishonesty."

Report Post Tip

CrazyNine, the fact that you can be sued in itself should tell you that it is not a crime. You do not get sued for committing crimes. You get arrested or indicted, prosecuted, and sentenced. You get sued for committing a civil tort. There's a difference between illegality and civil liability.

Report Post Tip

Also, I have to have a huge lol at people who purport to know the intricacies of the law without having had any formal training. It is arrogance at its finest. Would a lawyer really go through several years of schooling and the rigors of law school if Joe Schmo on the street, who has watched several episodes of "Law & Order", could speak on the subject with adequate knowledge, to such an extent where he felt comfortable patronizing someone who actually has had legal training? You don't see people acting like authorities on brain surgery just because they have watched a few episodes of "Grey's Anatomy", yet there seems to be amateur lawyers on every street corner.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Can you delete my thread?!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL