Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 13:04:25
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
New banking system; ability to take out loans Started by: Brovetsky on Aug 17, '09 01:55

I believe that we should update our current banking system so that it feels and seems like a very realistic banking system. As i have heard over and over again that this is a RP (role playing) game, meaning our banking system that we currently have set up is not realistic at all. When we deposit money and leave in the bank for a certain amount of time - maybe after every four hours that our money sits in the bank we earn interest on the amount of money that we put into the bank. That would simulate just like how a real bank works and operates. This is just a very brief and vague idea that i came up with but i am very positive that it can be expanded and made useful in this type of game.

Also maybe the banks should be able to give out loans to all Mafisio individuals. What i mean by this is that it all depends on your rank how much money your loan can be. So lets say you just started playing this game for the first time ever and you are a civilian. A civilian would not be allowed to take out a loan for $100,000 simply because that is not normal in reality or would even be possible. Now maybe if you were a wise guy or a made man that would be possible but it is not. A civilian would be allowed to take out a $10,000 - $15,000 loan. So the higher you rank the more higher the loan you will be able to get Then everyday that that loan is out the bank charges that certain individual a tax or a charge on the loan that they took out. Then this tax the bank charges on to every loan would be given to the godfather or the godmother of the city that the bank loan was taken out of. Yes, this is just another vague idea but it can be worked with. There is numerous ways that this could be worked in this RP game, it may be hard to code, but just imagine the reality of it all and the impact that it would have on this game.

Please leave your honest opinions. =]

Brovetsky

Report Post Tip

This game is set in the Great Depression. You think bank loans were common and interest rates were booming back then?

Report Post Tip

I think that it would be good to introduce a federal tax, as well as the normal Crew tax.  This would mean that there is something negative in leaving your money in the bank.  In real life even a mafia man with a real "legit" bank account would have to pay tax on earnings or face the IRS.

Maybe - pay tax when paying money into the bank - then earning a small amount of interest once it is in.

Seldon

Report Post Tip

So Seldon,

You want to add income tax on top of the crew taxes and godfather taxes?

Report Post Tip

That is a good point tiggy, i never really thought about those other two forms of taxes that are put upon us. I do not know if it would be a good idea or not to make the bank have a federal tax. But if the bank did add interest onto the money that you put into the account then there would definately have to be some kind of reprecussion in case you are short on your money or something. So therefore, indeed there would have to be a federal tax if interest was to be given to individuals that keep their money in their bank account for a certain period of time.

Report Post Tip

I agree that there are lots of tax, but thats life surely in such circumstances!  Until one gets to the top there is always the feeling of getting screwed over.  I just think at the moment it is a little easy to squirrel money away no questions asked. We are aiming for realism after all :)

Report Post Tip

The loan business can certainly be RP'd as well, by anyone who has built up enough cash to do it.

Report Post Tip

I've actually contemplated doing this myself, however there are many factors, and things to work around before this could be successful.

Report Post Tip

loan facility will be good but there has to be a time before you have to repay

Report Post Tip

Yeah there would have to be a time limit. How long that time limit should be i have no idea.

Report Post Tip

Noah I love how you say great depression when there are what 15 people that are Extremely Well Protected. That's 21 million a piece, when thug! Then you have people Obscenely Well Protected that's 37 million. Kind of hard to argue it's a depression :/

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: New banking system; ability to take out loans
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL