Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 20:25:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
When Beauty is the Beast Started by: Zephyra on Aug 11, '15 01:32
WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER! I hear that little weasel The IronSheik is calling me names and spreading lies around the mafia about Hulkamania to all the Mafia-maniacs out there, the ones at home that are saying their prayers, eating their vitamins and doing their petty crimes. Well I'm here to set the record straight, brother. This mafia isn't big enough for the two of us, and that's why this Sunday night at MafiaSlam, I challenge you to a STEEL CAGE MATCH BROTHER! IronSheik, whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania and the power of Omertà run wild on YOU!

HulkHogan bounces off the ropes and lands a devastating legdrop on Zephyra

Report Post Tip
I think you'll find that Zephyra is no longer among us, Hulk.
Report Post Tip

You know Sovereign this has become one of the saddest events. So many deaths are linked here. Hulk Hogan, RIP.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

HulkHogan could be the beast, Zephyra the beauty.

Gatsby the...  The what?

Report Post Tip

The Great BillyJoel...The Great.

Gatsby fizes his hair. 

Report Post Tip

DooDooBrown listens to several responses and tips his fedora hat to Zephyra respectfully

DooDooBrown in the house, y'all! 

Well while I believe there are some good points here, I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree. In my line of work, while we all enjoy beauty, sometimes one must play the role of the beast. In This Thing of Ours, beauty often comes in the form of a fat envelope, or a big score. But there's an ugly side too, the recent bloodshed in LA being a perfect example. That is the beast side of the coin. Anyways, this is an interesting topic here you've brought up here today. I'm glad it was brought to these streets.

I'd like to point out two very important things. First, Zephyra is dead, and the second is she stated that this was not a discussion. It is evident that she was telling a story with the help of Gatsby, but everyone keeps thinking it is some sort of discussion that it was not.

Report Post Tip

DooDooBrown nods

I believe we are misunderstanding each other. I didn't mean any disrespect by not agreeing, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is not open for discussion. Even if our opinions are completely opposite, I wasn't implying that yours is wrong. In fact, it's such a subjective concept that we could technically both disagree whole-heartily with each other, and both be 100% right at the same time, which is what makes this an interesting subject when applied to This Thing of Ours.

Report Post Tip

I agree DooDooBrown, and by way of example, I'd like to bring to your attention Alistair, who is a tragic boychild, or mentaal gestoorde kut kop, as our Dutch cousins refer to him.

Alistair picked the pocket of BillyJoel, who bitchslapped him.  Alistair then sent him butthurt and angry telegrams, or stopte zijn penis en testikels achter zijn dijen en deed alsof hij een dam, as out Dutch cousins say.

The "vrouwelijke jongen" clearly acted in a beastly way, but the late, great BillyJoel, conducted himself beautifully.

Seraphyna has started a wonderful discussion and I hope that she continues.

Report Post Tip
JeremyCorbyn,

As a member of Doo Doo Land, matters between Alistair and yourself are above my meager pay grade. Besides that, I hardly think that a conversation about the concept and various interpretations of beauty in This Thing of Ours is the place to discuss it either.

I will say though, for what my opinion is worth, Alistair should not have been mugged and your slain father was wrong to do so. That is solely my opinion, mind you. I do not expect anyone to share that opinion, although I am curious what other people's take on it is.
Report Post Tip

FKAtwigs cocks an eyebrow as she hears the men and women debating about this topic

I don't understand why this is even being argued.  Who is to say who is beautiful and who is not?

If we're speaking about the Mafia though, I guess there is a little bit of both 'beauty' and 'beast' mixed together in it.

Report Post Tip

How very philosophical. In what way is there a little bit of both, FKAtwigs?

Report Post Tip

FKAtwigs looks across the street corner to Credits and nods.

Well with wars and such there are times you need to let the 'beast' out. But in terms of beauty I just don't see what there is to debate about when there is no clear-cut definition. Other than that, you would need to ask the person who started this whole conversation in the first place, and that woman seems to have died so I can't really answer that for you.

Report Post Tip

I appreciate your insight FKAtwigs; it was very enlightening. I would agree that 'the beast' certainly comes to the fore in the incidents you mention. I suppose there must be instances when 'the beauty' plays a part although I'm not familiar with them. I think this is a good debate though; bravo to the deceased for having the foresight to start it. 

Report Post Tip
Rebecca looks out at the sea of bodies littering the streets as blood runs down the gutter into the sewers. Friends and family alike wiped out, DT, LA, NY, PHI all destroyed and for what... all because WiggleFanGIRl4LyfE had become too feared and respected for some people to handle. She turns to the crowd of people that had gathered for this ridiculous debate and points to the bodies in the streets, her cheeks flushed a fiery red

THIS????? THIS is what you find beauty in???? Entire families of people slaughtered over nothing. No idea why people would come out here stating there is ANYTHING beautiful about senseless war (except maybe for the winners). Such a dumb discussion to bring to the streets.

Report Post Tip

Uh Rebecca... I am not sure if you noticed but you are speaking to the dead? The poor lady fell dead sometime after the story she decided to share about an experience in her life.

Report Post Tip

Romance roams the streets, intimidated by the fierce looking mobsters that occupy them. He walks humbly, nodding respectfully to the people he passes. He is aware of his lowly status in the mafia hierarchy and does not wish to seek trouble. After all, Romance is a lover, not a fighter.

He walks from corner to corner, looking for an appropriate avenue to introduce himself. However, the streets are filled with venom and hatred. Talk of war, killing, and violence. Romance found one of these conversations.

He was about to give up hope when suddenly he found a group of people discussing a topic of debate that Romance felt he could really speak intelligently on... something he was passionate about; the topic of beauty. He approached her....

"Ahh yes, beauty. It can soften even the most hardened of hearts. I must admit, it is my greatest weakness. Or is it? Often times I feel that I draw strength from a woman's Beauty, much like your own. And when my eyes rest upon a sight as beautiful as you, well, my heart roars with passion, and it becomes the very Beast that you speak of."

Romance takes her hand into his and kisses it gently. Their eyes meet. They embrace...

Earlier this week I was standing on a corner lamenting the lack of debate here in the streets. I was reminiscing about debates of old and was reminded of this one. Perfect example of what is lacking today. Notice the varying opinions given. Not everyone agrees with one another, but all contribute a unique perspective to the conversation. That’s not to say that everyone behaved like they should in a civilized debate, because some people did not. But to take this debate in as a whole with the exception of a small handful of clowns this is exactly the type of spirited discourse that I sorely miss in our streets today
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: When Beauty is the Beast
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL