Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 19:31:26
Page:  1 
My Token "This World Is Going To Hell" Spee Started by: TylerDurden on Nov 17, '07 22:02
Ladies, gentlemen, scumbags, I welcome you. Thank you for coming out, and taking the time to listen to my aimless ramblings. Your support, or at least your morbid curiosity, means the world to me.

That being said, it has come to my attention recently that the "cool kid" thing to do is to bash the way things are in the world right now. And, as you all know, I am definitely the coolest of all the cool kids here. And nobody can out-cool TylerDurden. So, even though I'm not too sure what I'm doing, here goes.

This world is completely fucked up. You know it, and I know it. Our ancestors, may they rest in peace, lived in a much better time. Even though they bitched and moaned just the same, they lived in a much better time. And our descendants will not bitch and moan, just like us. They will look back on this stretch of time as the worst in this world's history, as their robot slaves make them pina coladas and fellate them. But I digress.

The fact is, we don't have enough leaders. Newcomers to these streets are shunned, and forced to fend for themselved. Is that really the way it is? I forget. It could be that we have too many leaders. That's it. Too many chiefs, and not enough Indians. Some of these leaders simply aren't qualified. They never should've been Authed. Which makes the rest of the leaders unqualified, too, since they were the ones who let the useless ones set up. As I said in the title, the whole world is going to hell.

Now that I've made my point, and I've educated you, the previously uneducated mafioso, as to how our world blows monkey balls at the present time, it would logically follow that I should present some solutions. After all, what is the point of complaining if you don't know how to make the world better yourself? Well, I don't know what that is, but I'm about to find out. Because, truth be told, I have no solutions for this world. All I know is that what we are doing isn't working, and the crewleaders we have all suck. Could I do any better? Of course I could! How would I do any better? Doesn't matter! The point is, I'm smart, and they are dumb--never mind that they have proven their smarts by ranking up, outsmarting other leaders along the way, and maintaining stable families.

This concludes my rant for the day. May you all poop yourselves and go to hell for doing so.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Amusing how you just lump everyone together as sucking. I don't remember you making even an iota of effort to help newcomers (ranting about it doesn't impress anyone). The reason newcomers don't go anywhere is because they are newcomers. They need to go through a generation or two to understand how things work. Which means people with little patience will leave this thing of ours. Its been that way for alot longer than just recently.

The people who are responsible for the world "going to hell" are people who start little bickering arguments in the streets because they have no actual ideas and need to be attention whores. I wonder who that includes.
Report Post Tip
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

Mister Southsider, I advise that you read this, come back, look at what I was really going for with this speech, then read what I had to say again and see if you don't get the point yet.
Report Post Tip
So you spent the time to write all that just to go haha you're dumb?

Exactly my point.
Report Post Tip
Southsider, I think you may have missed the subtle sarcasm of this little speech, for shame! I enjoyed your rant Tyler, and I agree, the world has gone to hell. Or the world is perfect. Or nobody cares. I forget which.
Report Post Tip
From out of the dark alley behind you, you hear loud footsteps approaching, and then a booming voice speak...

First off, I've just heard your speech, and I'm not coming forward to get into the right or wrongs with what you've just said. The past were different days, and different days called for different ways of thinking and different actions.

I am here to comment on your statement that you've "educated" us now. You've suggested that some of our leaders are unfit and been relatively vague on most of your point. It's my thought, that if you care to bring such statements out in public, that you should be more specific and willing to deal with the consequences of your words.

So often, folks like to run out to the street corner, blindly throw out statements, and yet hide behind the vagueness of those statements. I'd just like to see opinions backed with facts, but, alas, that's just one man's preference.

Mr. Gaunt, upon ranting, slinks back into the shadows of the alley.
Report Post Tip
I knew the week couldn't go by without a "You suck" discussion about the current leaders. We are doing our best. That is all I can say..

First there weren't enough families/crews to join. So we spent hours discussing prospects for the vacant cities. We decided and we authed... We had a limited group of candidates and went with who we felt would do well. I'm sorry you don't approve but you know what they say, you can't make everyone happy... You can't make everyone love you.. But you can sure as hell try.

Then some cities allowed members of their family to set up..

Now we have more leaders than we did last week and we're still sucking.

We spend time with our families/crews developing a bond. We help them. We teach those new to our world about the things we have had passed down to us generation after generation. We spend time enjoying ourselves with our family/crew in our headquarters. We hold one on one discussions with our family/crew members...

We are still sucking.

We open our homes to those new to our shores.. We embrace those that have come because they saw posters advertising our world and teach them. We work with them. We are patient and try to make them see what this place can be.

We are still sucking.

Please, tell me... What part of looking after our families/crews are we doing wrong? Last time I checked I wasn't here to entertain you.. I was here to lead a family, MY family, as well as watch and help this thing we love so much grow...

Excuse me for sucking....
Report Post Tip

You've suggested that some of our leaders are unfit and been relatively vague on most of your point. It's my thought, that if you care to bring such statements out in public, that you should be more specific and willing to deal with the consequences of your words.

So often, folks like to run out to the street corner, blindly throw out statements, and yet hide behind the vagueness of those statements. I'd just like to see opinions backed with facts, but, alas, that's just one man's preference.

You people are taking all of the fun out of this. It's called sarcasm. Sar. Cas. M. It's not that hard.

I happened to notice that every few days, some other schmuck with no qualifications comes out and calls out the crewleaders for no apparent reason. So I decided to have a little fun, and lampoon said schmucks. It is a sad and shocking commentary on the state of the streets when this is so commonplace that someone like Three, one of the most brilliantly sarcastic individuals I have had the pleasure of knowing, completely bypasses the "this guy might be kidding" option.

For the record, no, I do not think our current batch of crewleaders suck. And I will lump in the dearly departed Scandia in with that statement. The community is flourishing, new members are treated with respect never before seen, death rates are at record lows, and profit margins are at record highs. I don't see where you can interpret "suck" out of that. Yet, without fail, someone always finds a way to. So I thought I'd have a little fun with it. And nobody got the joke, which really ruined my fun.

So there you have it.
Report Post Tip
ROFL! nice tyler!

that tickled me down to my toes :o)
Report Post Tip
You missed one important point, this world is truly going to hell because people can't take a joke any more.

We're all so quick to jump on people for the slightest transgression in the streets that irony and satire aren't even considered any more. Look at the responses here to a speach that I thought was pretty obviously meant tongue-in-cheek, everyone's so busy looking for a way to have a pop at someone that they can't see the woods for their rage... or something. This is one of the reasons that newcomers to our world, and even some old hands, avoid coming out in the streets these days, where's the fun in speaking out if the net result is that people just verbally slap you around and mock you?

I, for one, enjoyed it for what it was. Had it actually been a serious "you all suck" type conversation, I wouldn't have stayed until the end.
Report Post Tip
Tyler, I take great offence.

I got the joke, and said as much.

*Slevin pulls a sad face and does puppy eyes.*
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: My Token "This World Is Going To Hell" Spee
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL