Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 09:43:30
Page:  1 
A Light, Even in Darkness Started by: Duplicity on Aug 14, '15 01:39

Duplicity stood there, saddened by the loss of her captain, Don Ramza. It was a dark day for not only Chicago, with the loss of Ramza, CatBug, and KingPitt, but New York with the loss of Raccoon. This wasn't going to be easy moving forward. Yet, it was a step in the right direction after such a horrid day.

She made sure to let the families elsewhere know what was going on prior to the man setting up shop. She had planned to have this man open his doors soon, but with the death of Ramza, he would be forced to turn the sign to open rather than closed.

"Good evening everyone. With the loss of Don Ramza I will be allowing Cerebellum to open up his business to provide members in The Loop with work as one of my captains. He was going to open his doors soon, but with the major loss we have had today, he'll begin work immediately" She said with a sigh.

"Cerebellum has worked hard from me despite originally not being from my family. He has flown high and above what was expected. Chicago expects great things from him" . She said as Cerebellum stepped up.

"Best of luck Cerebellum, you'll do great" She said sweetly.

Report Post Tip

Diavolo hears of his fathers friend getting his own crew, and comes to the speech. He listens to every word Duplicity says, then respectfully tips his hat to her and approaches Cerebellum.

"Congrats sir, I know this is well deserved. My father always spoke very highly of you and your abilities, I can't wait to see you do great things for the great city of Chicago!"

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Cerebellum, and I hope you have a prosperous future

Report Post Tip

"It's good to see someone step up quickly to fill the void left by the unexpected loss of Don Ramza. The city may have fell on hard times with several of our friends being suddenly out of work. Hopefully we can continue business as usual, while we grieve the loss of one of our own".

Report Post Tip

Dubliner was strolling through the streets, grieving for the loss of three of his friends. All three good people who made Dub's transition from his old city over to his new home much more easy. They left too soon. Dubliner saw his fearless leader, Duplicity, standing in the doorway of the Family HQ announcing Cerebellum's new crew. He agreed in every way. Though these are dark times, some good can still be found. 

He spoke up, "Though a few of us may fall, there is always others to take the place of the ones before. Never show defeat. Always tread on. Never show weakness. Always show resilience." 

Report Post Tip

Stepping out to the streets to see what all the commotion was about he decided to wander to the large crowd gathering around Duplicity and another man.  Having seen this man before and hearing great things happen to him, now only greater coming his way.

Congratz I know many fine things will come from you in CH, may the gods shine upon this day for you and many more to come.

Report Post Tip
Congratulations man you deserve it. I have enjoyed you. We were in the same crew before and you always where kewl. You deserve it man. You are going to be going places man (:

Charlie steps back into the crowd and walks off.
Report Post Tip

Congratulations Cerebellum.  When you came over from Los Angeles I knew you were going to be a great pickup.  May the luck you find on the tables so often extend to Chicago as a whole.  We could use some good news right about now.

Nodding to both Don Duplicity and Cerebellum, Kimble moves back into the night.

Report Post Tip

Gatsby approaches the masses. Listening to his friend Duplicity he raised a glass.

I think this is a beautiful testament of Duplicity's leadership; rewarding someone who was not originally in her family and giving them a position of power. I think this is a huge affirmation to you as well Cerebellum. It is an amazing opportunity to lead so many people. I have no doubt that you will be exceptional in this opportunity. 

And to you Chicago. Know that it is not just friends authorizing friends. It is hard work paying off. Chicago is filled with some of the greatest talent and i am honored to be a part of such a driven organization. 

To Cerebellum and his achievements and to those he will soon achieve. Good work old sport.

Gatsby toasted and smiled as everyone downed their drink. It was a new era for everyone. It was a new time for Chicago. Big things were going to happen. 

Report Post Tip

Cerebellum was never big on public speaking, but today was a new day. He looked over at Duplicity and grinned, he owed more to her than people would ever know...

"I thank all of you for coming out today. These are hard times we live in. With the loss of some very close friends, it saddens me to have to open up shop without them right beside me. I vow to help this city grow, not just for personal gain, but for the greater good of this very fine city. When it opened its doors up to me, I never knew how many great people I would encounter... Now, let us bow our heads and take a moment of silence for all the fine men and women that have been taken before their time..."

After a few moments, C.B. lifted his head and looked upon the crowd with a small smile..

"Now, let us all move forward, and help this city grow to it's full potential!"

Report Post Tip

BeastVixen stood in the shadows, watching quietly, soaking in the air of excitement.  She'd just come to the great city of Chicago, hoping to do big things.  Should she approach him?  Would that be too much?  She takes a deep breath, holds her chin up, and slowly makes her way through the crown celebrating this big day.  As she nears Cerebellum, her nerves almost fail. I just have to say hello, she tells herself...

"Congratulations, Cerebellum!  This is a great day for you, and for Chicago.  Congratulations!"  Slowly she moves away among the crowd of people also waiting to say a few words.  It really is a good day here in Chicago, she thinks to herself...

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Cerebellum! I know you would reach heights here in Chicago! It's sad with what happened to Ramza and the rest, but still, you and the Chicago Outfit will be a reason to celebrate! Congratulations too, Gatsby! I'm sure you will be a big help to your family and to the entire city.

Report Post Tip

The loss of Raccoon, Ramza and CatBug are felt throughout the whole nation. It's very sad that they had to go in such a way. I looked forward to working alongside these people, but alas.

Nevertheless, congratulations to you Cerebellum. It's good to see that there is still light in the darkness.

Report Post Tip

"Sad to see what has transpired here in the last day or so.  As they say though, as one door closes another door opens.  Congratulations on your new opportunity.   Looking forward to seeing what you do with it."

Report Post Tip

"Its great to see some good news after the loss of Raccoon and Ramza, its shame see them leave our world so early may they rest in peace but lets not it ruin the good news of  Cerebellum setting up within the city of Chicago and I want you to wish you all the best my friend and I look forward to you and your new family growing."

Report Post Tip
Congratulations brother well done you will have fun and do Chicago proud ..
Report Post Tip

After listening to Duplicity and Cerebellum Senza steps towards Cerebellum.

"Congratulations Cerebellum, the circumstances aren't as great as they suppose to be, but live goes on. I am looking forward to working with you. I will come over shortly for a private talk with you." Senza smiles at Cerebellum before she turns around and continues her daily business.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Light, Even in Darkness
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL