Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:28:01
Page:  1 
I can not take it any more Started by: ThomasFHagen on Aug 26, '09 18:57

I can not stand it for even one more second.  Young gangsters, these speeches on the streets--these stories of engaging moments in your past or unfulfilled fantasies or whatever--they've got to be thought through a little more. 

Don't get me wrong; I LOVE reading them. Even if the stories are a little weak and SERIOUSLY lacking the creative detail that they need and usually a little short for my taste, what can I say?  I'm a sucker for the excitement--I'm a sucker for the fantasy of it all.  But content is not what I'm concerned about.  For God's sake, re-read what you've written. 

I'm sure it takes you a long time to type up that page or so that you're posting for all to see.  Make it count.  You see how well-organized the crew leaders' speeches are.  They make them appear that way for a reason.  Words are all we have here to really display our personalities more than just an easily immitatable cookie-cutter picture.  Most take it for granted.  For even choosing to try to engage in the streets, your ambition puts you miles ahead of a lot of people (and I love writing, so you've got my vote just for trying).  Make it count.

My eyes are killing me from reading typo after typo, and don't even get me started on the grammar.  I realize that some of you may be using IE or whatever that makes the text disappear, and I guess a lot of you must be younger, but move your mouse and read it over.  I have to admit I am majorly turned off, and sometimes will even skip a story, just because of its lack of structure and aesthetics.

So here's my offer.  I will read anyone's prospective stories or speeches or announcements or whatever you can squeeze out and make the necessary adjustments before you take them public.  This is directed mostly at the story-writers, because that's where I've mostly spotted the problem, and as I've said, the crew leaders generally understand the importance of appearing professional, but I'm willing to help anyone.  I've done some editing in real life, so my ability is legit.

For free.

Just so that I don't have to tread through this disgraceful garbage anymore.

Hit me up.

-Tom

Report Post Tip

or even betta use me 2 check ur posts cause every1 noes im the best riter on this game and i will even charge u 50000$ for my survice

arent i nice??

Report Post Tip

That sounds like a good deal.

$50000 is a bargain.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Why don't you just type it up on notepad or microsoft word and hit spell check. Then just copy and paste it in the thread, jeez it's not that hard and it's easier to read.

Report Post Tip

You could just use Firefox like I do and it will underline misspelled words in red just like Microsoft Word so you don't have to do anything different. 

Report Post Tip

ignore these peple firefox and microsoft suk use me 100000$ its a bargin

Report Post Tip

OR alternatively you can use then Google toolbar. Personally I never use it cos it annoys the hell out of me but I like to think that, whilst I'm not a computer, I can type in English.... o_O

Report Post Tip

I'm unaware if the two people who have labelled charges for their services are joking or not. But if they are -LOL- they can't even spell properly themselves, and they dare charge a service for it? If anybody pays either of those fools, you should be shot.

Report Post Tip

haha I'm pretty sure that Awesome was kidding, Skaam.

Report Post Tip

Aug 31, '09 16:40 Your accountant has made payment of 100000$ to Awesome.

Report Post Tip

Oh, haha, excuse me, sir.  I guess I was wrong.

Report Post Tip

I hope you realise, that it is only one person who has labelled charges for their service and they've done so twice?

~T~

Report Post Tip

HA hA

Report Post Tip

I've decided to bump this topic, because I notice the problem is getting worse, not better, and it is not only petty thugs who are embarrassing themselves on the street.

If you are posting a thread, please take the extra few minutes to send it to me so that I may correct your undoubtedly atrocious spelling and grammar.  It's free.  You have nothing to lose.  Thank you.

Report Post Tip

Unfortunately, Mr. Hagen, I believe you overestimate the intelligence of some people. Those who have the interest and have bumped into this topic are most likely not the people who need your services.

I think that the people who would greatly benefit from your offer tend to be people that are so careless that they do not look around and hear other people speak so that they may learn what is acceptable and stylish so they will never hear you say this.

Report Post Tip

I point and laugh at Skaarn.

Wait, what?

Ahem

roflmfaokopter @ skaarn u n00b hahaha lolzorz

Report Post Tip

"You see how well-organized the crew leaders' speeches are."

All of them actually create threads? Lolz

Report Post Tip

^ Best name on Mafia.

~T~

Report Post Tip

I am new to this thing of ours so I fully understand your point.  I know I am not ready yet to attempt to right, just kidding, write a thread, but when I am I will try to live up to your requst Tom.

Report Post Tip

Thank you, Don Pardo.  That is all that I ask.

You will find that carefully considered and well-constructed statements will be good for your reputation, once you begin to build one.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: I can not take it any more
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL