Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:21:54
Page:  1 
Stories are nice to read, but. Started by: Little_Tony on Aug 27, '09 20:00

I must say i love to read the Street and Business District Forums. There is a lot of funny stories and funny places to write a comment and to be a part of a story....but, yes there is a but :-( a lot of ppl seems to forget this part from the Posting Guidelines:

'and this game is primarily based on the mid 1930's'

It kind of destroys the RP part of a story if suddenly there is a Dessert Eagle (first made in 1979) or an AK-47 (made in 1947) in the story.

So take this as a good advice from an old rp rat (6 years on a UO rp shard) ppl will like the stories more and enjoy them more if they fit the time line we live in. I know i will, and if you really dont care then fine by me, as i just like them better if they are fitting the time line.

Report Post Tip

I agree with you on a few cases here, but many people who are new to the game don't always understand the concept that we're in a time-based scenario. I would rather read a well-written story that is loosely factual than an extremely poorly written one that stays completely in era and character. Granted, the best stories usually combine the best of both worlds.

Report Post Tip

I agree with you, there are many new ppl to the game (including myself) that has to learn the concept of RP'ing. That is also the reason i write that ppl shall take it as a good advice. :-)

Report Post Tip

I agree with Rourke, but in a different way. I'd rather read a slightly anachronistic story than one that is still good, but goes into excruciating detail just to be RP accurate. Description and adjectives are fantastic obviously, but letting everyone know the release date of a car for the sake of realism brownie points gets on my tits a bit.

Mind you, so does *Noah zoomed down the street in his Zonda*

A happy medium is always the way foward.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Rourke, but only if he considers my posts to be the ideal.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Stories are nice to read, but.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL