Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:02:50
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Old Server Vday Death Match Idea? Started by: Squishy on Aug 28, '09 12:24

For shits and giggles, I wanted to run this idea by you guys.

==============

We will be hosting a Vday on the old server. What is Vday you ask? Vday is a reenactment of the St Valentines Day Massacre in which there was a very publicized slaying of one gang by another on... you guessed it, Feb 14th.

Now that our new server is up and running smooth, we still have our old server sitting there collecting dust. Lets put it to use for one last time before we turn it off for good!

How Vday Works:

Its just like regular MafiaReturns...... except... everything is different.

The goal: Be one of the last (wo)men standing.

How you do it: All restrictions will be lifted on the wack feature. You can wack once a minute, every minute. Pro's last two minutes. You will automatically be re-located to a random city once every five minutes. Once you are dead.... you are dead. Game over. You can return back to the normal MafiaReturns server and play as normal.

Vday will be scheduled on a Saturday to start at about 13:00 game time (I think this will cover the most people, but I am open to suggestions)

Vday will be played on the old server, under a new domain name, you do NOT use http://mafiareturns.com

The new server will be opened up a few days in advance so people can register. You do not need to do any work on the account, just register. You can register up to 10 accounts, however, you can not use the next one until the previous is dead.

The cost to enter will be 1 Credit per account. These credits will go towards the purchase of the prizes

Prizes will include:

1) Netbook Computer

2) USB Portable HD(s)

3) Headset(s)

4) Credit(s)

The quality and quantity of prizes is dependent on the number of participants. Every credit will be spent towards the prizes, followed by a healthy donation by MR to buy additional prizes. No profit will be made on this. Credits can be purchased through in-game cash on MR through the marketplace.

PS - Any import/duty taxes will have to be paid by the winner if their country charges it

Report Post Tip

Fantastic idea Squishy and the team. If I'm around for it, I will most certainly be in.

Report Post Tip

Is it this saturday, like tomorrow? Or a saturday in the future, but not planned yet?

Report Post Tip

Sometime before end of next month saturday :)

Report Post Tip

ahh, okay. I am usually busy on Saturdays, but I can see if it can work.

Report Post Tip

I think the v-day site should have veeeeery different colours to this site, so that people don't accidently shoot on the new server when they have both windows open. *whistles*

Report Post Tip

I plan on shooting everyone on the new AND old server. 

Report Post Tip

I think that we should just be able to live even after being killed so we can just see the Success! Message ass loads.

Report Post Tip

This is a great idea killing just for the fun of it reminds me of the good ol' days.

Report Post Tip

Yeah, if you die, you wait 5 minutes then you respawn!

Report Post Tip

Ive never been around for VDay due to the stupid girlfriend wanting me to "Spend time with her" this sounds great!

Report Post Tip

Excellent idea, I will most certainly participate.

Report Post Tip

Sounds like a great idea!

Report Post Tip

Is there a benefit to being one of the first people to log in, in Vday? Because I'm thinking that it would be easier to log in later, so I have my ten "lives" while other people were already killing each other. Unless each kill somehow increases your D as well.

Report Post Tip

You're account is auto gangster. You'll more than likely be shot anyway.

Report Post Tip

Hah, get the date and I'll book the bugger off work!

I remember 2007 Vday, I won one round, my personals looked like the obits lol

Report Post Tip

If I get to shoot Sprozza then I'll call off life for it.

Report Post Tip

Does it increase your characters xp on mafiareturns?

Report Post Tip

Yes please! I had a blast last Vday. Looking forward to it! =]

Report Post Tip

Can I kill Marietta again? That was fun. :D

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Old Server Vday Death Match Idea?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL