Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:56:24
Page:  1 
So you want a loan system? Started by: Skate on Sep 01, '09 18:44

Hello all, how are we today? Good, good because honestly I'm not here to find that out. You can mobmail me though, always up for PM's there. I'm here to maybe just MAYBE intrigue some newer members. The veterans of this game obviously play for the RP sense and some other senses. I play well if you don't know just watch your personals. Anyways I like my personals flashing from money, lots of money. I know many newer members would like money to start out so I've come up with a new idea. In the game suggestions forums, yes there is an actual place for that. Someone posted about wanting to impliment loans and such. Well I doubt admins will do this so let's make it more RP.

I for one will be a lender and we could have any amount of lenders that choose to loan out the money. More than likely this will be used for DFP's because it plays into the old days. Mobsters loan out money for a piece of property all the while they get a cut of the profits. So maybe we need to try this? Some may say well what if they get the loan and send it to a friend or something and die off? Well that's why we use our brains on this part. We make stipulations and design a program to ensure pay.

One recquirement be that they join a family before aquiring the loan.
Second they are made aware of all consequences and the CL is aware and agrees (I.E. They don't give you the % you require a number of times, you kill them like in the old days. WITH PERMISSION!)
(With the second stipulation it allows them to choose their family but still no one is just wacking then explaining)

I also know some will say, why not just get the money from the CL? Because the "lenders" all the users that could participate is cut out. The point is to take some responsibility to collecting and paying not just leaving it up to the old CL. Yes, I love CL's and all they do for us but I think this is something we can all work with.

I will even offer myself as like the lending tree for the lenders and mafioso wanting the credit. The middle man pretty much. So no single party will deal with bullshit. Basically a mafioso will give me X amount figure of how much money they will put out on a loan. Eventually someone says "shit, I need money for a Drug front property" and mails me(skate) then I contact the lender and tell them who the mafioso is and make the pair up. I work out the stipulations, I'll even talk to the CL of the mafioso to ensure they're able to.

This isn't something for sure but just a rough idea. I know some will hate it and some will love it. I just want an idea of how many people would like to do this and I'll even put it all in motion. I'll place a thread in each city (given the godfathers and godmothers will allow it) also I will do an announce meant in the street. The list of lenders will be anonymous so that way they're not getting mail after mail asking for money all the time.

Also to help get it off the ground if it goes live I will do this service for FREE, yes FREE. Some may want money, but I don't. If I get some money then that's awesome. I'd like to hear from the CL's, RH's, and LH's.

Report Post Tip

So my grammar is a little rough in there, typed it up in the spur of the moment with no proofreading.

Report Post Tip

I think its a brillant idea. When I first started, the first thing I looked for was a loan system. Obviously there wasnt one, so putting some type of system into place is smart IMO.

There would have to be alot of details worked out between the borrower and the loaner, but overall I think its a wise move.

Report Post Tip

I've already thought up some more details but I'd like to hear the details you're thinking of Ragnarok. Not because I'm lazy but I want this to be entirely worked up by the user base. I'm just putting myself out there to be the referee.

Report Post Tip

heres a few things i was thinking:

loan maxes should be based upon rank: you dont want to loan a new ganster 1,000,000. theres a good chance you're moneys never getting returned.

like all loans: a date has to be established for the loan to be paid in full. One day late and the situation turns bad

the only time ive taken a loan from a fellow family member, we had established the amount returned and the exact date it was to be returned.

a limit on loans: two loans per rank prehaps

put interest on all loans: its only fair for the loaner to profit from his/her ventures, even if its a small profit. I would max it out at 15% but thats just me.

Report Post Tip

Well see this is where the whole "judgement" thing comes in on the lenders side. How much do you trust this person? How much is his life worth (a kill basically)? I wouldn't loan personally more than $75,000 to a new mafioso. Why? It's enough for a DFP, it's enough for a range, drugs and flight. It's enough for almost anything they really need to use it for.

Now if ThomasRourke came to me and was all "Skate, man I need $3,000,000 for my drug front. I forgot to do the tip on it before the FBN raided it." Then you say, here's a man with respect around these parts and I highly doubt he'll fuck you over. Not because he'd be afraid of death but because he's respected mafioso, why make a bad public image?

When it comes to getting the money back on a certain date is kind of what I want to stray away from in a way. Not completely but enough to make it RP worthy. Here's what you do, Say I come to you and need $850,000 for a DFP. Well I'm a Made Man and obviously not stupid so it's unlikely I'll screw you over. But you decide you can hold off on getting it back in full for awhile so you charge them 20% of every take (or some other %). Everyday that's we could say $40,000 so in turn after about 3 weeks you'd get your money back. From their after you're all profit. Chances are though you'll make it like 50% so you're getting like $90,000 or something each time. But who can argue? You get a cut but they never had to put their own money up on that DFP. Guess what, the more times you lend money the better. You lend 5 times with the same policy, that's $200,000 a day. Not to shabby right?

Report Post Tip

I like the idea so far. I remember like a month ago or so i also tried posting something about a loan system to help out a lot of the newer members and such, but i like this idea a lot better. :) I hope to see this progress further and actually become something realistic.

Report Post Tip

i think a loan system is a good idea i used to play another mafia game and it had it and it worked well

Report Post Tip

Once I get to speak to Godmother Marietta and ask for her approval I will put a test run in Detroit.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: So you want a loan system?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL