Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:07:23
Page:  1 
Role Playing Started by: Ragnarok on Sep 01, '09 20:55

If there is something in the introduction to the game and I missed it, I appologize for this thread.

There has to be a way that we can inform new players that Roleplaying is a key part of this game. When a new player joins, how are they supposed to know they're supposed to RP to a CL in hopes of joining the family? Im all for the RPing to increase, but inexperieced players need to be made aware that its something that makes this game tick.

Report Post Tip

There's a handy link to this thread underneath the "help" up top:

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/3908

I think it's a useful tool for the new players to get a feel for Role Playing up front.

Report Post Tip

yes thats true, and its a handy tool. but how many new people click the help button

they most likely just dive into petties and go from there

Report Post Tip

Exactly when i first started long a go, did not read that for over a week, i asked my CL and sub crew leader everything, agreed.

Report Post Tip

Roleplaying is quite easy to pick up, but it's hard to ustilise the language in a way that's suitable at all times ;o It's definatly an acquired skill

Report Post Tip

This is something that really bothers me.

Role-playing is not fancy words and phrases, a vivid description of your actions and a 1000 word narrative on what clothes you've decided to wear. Sure, some people really get into that side of the game, but that is not what role-playing here should be.

Role-playing is playing the role of a member of the Mafia. That is the only thing you need to think before you begin to type anything that requires you to be in-character. "I am in the Mafia". This does not have to translate into an RP like you see some people get involved in particularly in the Bars and streets. From what I've seen so far, it is anything but easy to pick up and the vast majority of you have no idea what being in the mafia is about. Perhaps this stems from a lack of knowledge of the mafia, but I think it is mainly people not realising what this is meant to be and forgetting who and what they are.

Please, if you're reading this, before the next 10 posts you make ask yourself "would someone in the Mafia say this?" If you do this you will probably progress much faster and seem far more knowledgable.

~T~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Role Playing
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL