Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 06:41:31
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
DFP Upgrade Started by: Skate on Sep 04, '09 02:31

This probably has been questioned quite often but I can't be arsed to go find the thread. Recently I bought my DFP for about $900,000 dollars and it's for barbituates. On a recent Consigliere Account a Cocaine DFP was 1.8 million. My question is why is the upgrade the same as the original purchase? Shouldn't the upgrade to Cocaine for me when it comes only be like $900,000 instead of another 1.8 million? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Report Post Tip

Cocaine, as you probably realized, is more expensive than barbituates, meaning you make more money from coke sales. Plus, from an RP standpoint, cocaine is different than barbituates, meaning you'd completely have to rennovate the DFP.

Report Post Tip

You wouldn't rennovate you'd just switch products. I can understand you make more, trust me. Still though it wouldn't have cost another million dollars to just switch products :/

Report Post Tip

You don't make every drug the same way. You'd have to switch out all of your equipment.

Report Post Tip

I think it just makes it more realistic. If you could upgrade your DFP to any drug for the same price then it wouldnt be realistic at all. The cheaper the drug the less expensive it will be for you to uprgrade your DFP.

Report Post Tip

Upgrading the same drug from 43 units to 45 units cost me $2,300,000.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Same Tallien, even just for one unit :(

Report Post Tip

This was one of the conditions for the DFP to be put into place so that its simply not a huge cash cow. The goal was that the DFP should be able to pay for itself in around 7 days (assuming your taxes and pricing are reasonable). There is an equation that we use that factors in when figuring out how much a feature will bring into the game - and what we are doing to counter balance it. If upgrading to units or drugs was a small sum of money, that means that once you buy this at an early rank, it is cheap to keep it going throughout your life. This would mean they are bringing in too much money, and that money must be reduced. Right now, DFPs limit the money that comes in because of the costs associated of buying a brand new one every time you make a change, there also the cost of buying a brand new one if you forget to bribe, and lastly, the small bribing fee.

We could easily change the upgrade fee to something much much lower, but - to keep the equation balanced, we have to take that amount away from profit in another manner to make up for it. So rather than lowering the max price you can set your drugs at - rather than upping the bribe, rather than upping the initial purchase price - we put the control in your hands. We let you use your own choice of when its worth upgrading the production/importing/processing quantities. You can chose when its worth switching to a better drug. You can crunch the numbers and determine when this "tax" is at its lowest for what you will gain.

I still do think this is the best system.

Report Post Tip

I'm never going to upgrade the DFP until I lose it. The reason for this is because pre-tribute I could make reasonably about $17,000 extra from those two units. It would take me 130+ days to start getting a return on my money, meaning it is virtually obsolete.

The reason why I don't have a problem with this, is because when I lose it (and anyone in Las Vegas can testify that I do alot) it costs $2,500,000 to upgrade back to 45 units. Meaning that the numbers work and it is in my interest to purchase it again. Provided I can hold onto it for more than a week.

~T~

Report Post Tip

I upgraded my dfp to morphine for $250,000 :D

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: DFP Upgrade
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL