Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 03:09:28
Page:  1 
My Resignation Started by: FridgeRevenge on Sep 04, '09 22:17

Members of the mafia community,

I come out here today with a heavy heart. First and foremost you all deserve an apology for the incident caused by lack of responsibility. Many of you are probably searching for an explanation which I cannot give you. I do not know when exactly my account was compromised, but it was. Password system was accessed and luckily no major damage was done. I feel terrible about this because as admins we are suppose to make sure that the site is secure and that you all feel safe while you spend your time with us working hard on your accounts. My lack of due dilligence allowed St-Jimmy to use my computer and stick his dirty fingers in the admin tools. This compromised the entire site and all the hard work you all put into your accounts. For this I am once again truly sorry and words cannot express how much it hurts me to know that I put MafiaReturns at risk.

It has been decided that I should down from my position as an assistant. At this point in time you all deserve the best admins that mafia returns has to offer.

I ask you all not to lose trust in the mafiareturns site. The developpers are working to rectify my mistake as fast as they can.

I has been a pleasure and an honor working with everyone that calls MafiaReturns a home. I have made friends and memories during my time here but now my time as FridgeRevenge comes to an end.

I will be returning as a player to watch the game continue to grow and enjoy the success it deserves.

With all due respect

FridgeRevenge (cory)

Report Post Tip

Am I surprised?  Honestly?  No.  You are the company you keep, and in this case it bit FridgeRevenge hard.  You know, I've thought about this for a while before saying anything in public, but let's face facts... Nothing positive has ever come out of the stjimmy/busterman dynamic since it has entered this game.  This time it was a personal attack on me and Butt_Ox facilitated by one of the game's Admins. 

Let's face it, everyone keeps defending her, but Busterman enables stjimmy.  stjimmy in turn acts like a total dick.  Busterman is then able to come to the rest of us and complain about him and garner the sympathy that is used to continue feeding stjimmy's compulsion to be a complete fuckup.  It's a beautiful circle of life.  

So I guess the big question is, do I finally get to complain for the next 6 months that the Admins are out to get me?   : P

Report Post Tip

TR, it's obvious that FridgeRevenge never meant any harm to you or Butt Ox, so why not cut him a bit of slack here? It's true it was his mistake that facilitated your account being taken over, but nothing was disturbed, you said so yourself.

If StJimmy had truly wanted to, he could have killed off random people, sent all your money to someone, or worse, caused you to suicide. None of those things happened, and the situation has been fixed.

I can understand you getting mad at StJimmy, hell I can even understand you getting mad at Busterman, but FridgeRevenge wasn't in the know about this going down. And, if I'm not mistaken, you were also company kept by FridgeRevenge at one time, so is this to say that you are any worse of a person because of that? I think not. And I think that a bit of respect should go out to a man that owns up to actions that he knows he facilitated, unlike some people who go and hide from that, he was a man about it and owned up to it.

So I'm sorry to see you go, Fridge. I understand that it is necessary. We'll stay in touch, either way.

Report Post Tip

It's simple, if I hung out with a crowd of glee club singers, odds are I'd end up singing some upbeat melody in the shower without even knowing it.  I never said anything negative about FridgeRevenge, only that the element around him forcibly corrupted information he had with him.  

And yes, I have hung out with Fridge, and being the type of crowd I am, there were no player accounts I logged into.   So I would have to say:  Me = better friend than stjimmybusterman.  

My previous statement is probably worth a re-read because the people I primarily blamed were the Bonnie and Clyde of immeasurable fuckups.

Report Post Tip

You've got no argument from me that StJimmy is a fuck up. I've had multiple run ins with him in the last few years. I assumed the insults were directed at FridgeRevenge as well as StJimmy and Busterman, due to the statment of "you are the company you keep." If that wasn't the case, then I do apologize for the mix up.

Report Post Tip

I think in the end, I probably more meant, "you can get screwed over by the company you keep".  But I tried to reduce it down in size to make it more sleek.

Report Post Tip

Then i agree completely. And I think this is the most obvious case of that I've seen on here in a long time.

It was more sleek, borderline sexy as well, but as you know I'm a bit tired lately, so I'm also not comprehending this as well as I used to.

Report Post Tip

So I guess the big question is, do I finally get to complain for the next 6 months that the Admins are out to get me? : P Reply by: ThomasRourke at Sep 04, '09 23:04

Grin.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Heh. Tallien gets a gold star for his reply there, and I thank him for the laugh it gave me.

From what I understand, busterman was out with Fridge when this occurred but that does not exempt her from all blame. I see that most people group them together, and maybe I'm naive in saying that I believe busterman did not play an active part in this. One more thing - wasn't stjimmy the company you kept not so long back TR, as your LHM if I remember correctly?

Report Post Tip

Actually busterman is one of the people solely to blame for everything stjimmy does.  It's called enabling... And at times, participating.  She is guilty of both.  Thus why so many of us are tired of her.  And yes, stjimmy was in my crew.  He provided JimmyTheLionHeart's pro times for me back in June which allowed us to gun him down in a more efficient manner, and in return he asked for a spot in my family.  Did I want him there?  Of course not.  But I figured saving the lives of 4 or 5 more people from Jimmy's gun was well worth the sacrifice of having him in my family down the road.  Sometimes you have to offer yourself up as the sacrificial lamb so to speak for the good of the people.  It worked too, because the sum total of wreckage JimmyTheLionHeart could have caused < stjimmy's 2 1/2 old month account that caused absolutely no damage.  In conclusion, busterman will be hunted down for as long as she appears as per my thread and the agreement of the majority of the Godfather characters within the game.  Whoops.

Report Post Tip

>*

Report Post Tip

It's always a sad conversation to deal with but I wish FridgeRevenge the best. He did great as a player and tried his damn best as an admin. One's best though sometimes isn't enough. Time to build and move on but I truly just wish stjimmy would stay away from the site.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: My Resignation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL