Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 08:57:01
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Getting Pinched Started by: SammyGato on Sep 09, '09 19:55

This may not be the most warmly received suggestion, but it is part of our way of life and I believe can add a great angle to our game.

I was just watching Goodfellas, the part where they get sent down for 10 years got me thinking. Sure, we go to jail, we get sent down for a while, people can jump in and get you out, and it only inconveniences you if you're stupid enough to get yourself thrown in when you don't want to be.

So how about when you get pinched, when you catch the eye of someone you didn't really want to get seen by. Someone you can't buy off, a judge, FBI or maybe either a contact of both. How about you get sent down for a minimum of 3 days. Not like normal people jail, where you get picked up for dealing drugs or fail at busting someone out, thrown in for the night and then no charges pressed. But thrown in the big house. You can't Wack, PP, or Crime, Mail's are delayed before getting and sending, you can't use your banks and basically your characters progress is stopped in its tracks.

Bail would be vast sums of money. You can still talk to people, post in the streets and visit your HQ, you're stuck in this place because the guys at the top took notice of you. To escape or get busted out would be pointless, because you'd be wanted and they'd be hot on your trail.

It would be rare, very rare, maybe once per character, 3 times at most and could happen at any time after killing someone. Only Mades and above would get it because any lower, and new people may lose interest, and from a RP point of view, those are the ranks they wanna have locked up.

While you're in you could have a place to chat with others doing time, you can gamble and do "crimes" that have little reward other than points, deal drugs 'within' the jail.

Opinions or any ways to improve it?

Report Post Tip

Or, it could be used instead of admin wacks. If and admin kills someone who does something bad then they can just sign up and start again. If they get thrown in jail for 3 days then they're stuck.

Report Post Tip

*an admin

Report Post Tip

Hm, a very good point. For fuck ups, people who need to learn a lesson =]

Report Post Tip

We already have the admin jail option which locks a player into jail for however long, with the person unable to be busted. The problem here is that there is no message stating WHY this person has been jailed.

Report Post Tip

I personally think this would be a great addition. Perhaps the amount of time spent in prison would increased a day for each rank past Made Man, so a Made Man would do 3 days, a Capo 4, etc. Delayed mails is an excellent thought too. Perhaps another option that could be implemented alongside this feature could be that a user may or may not be notified of an indictment is going to be brought against them, thereby giving them the opportunity to law low for a while to prevent prosecution. This feature would obviously cost the user money, but to "disappear" to a safehouse for a day would be far better than being imprisoned for 8 days if the user was Godfather/mother. It would be totally random whether or not the user became aware of an impending indictment, which would be true to RL since a high-profile indictment is often kept under wraps for as long as possible.

Report Post Tip

Please excuse the above typos, it's late.

Report Post Tip

i like that Letifer, i think the delayed mails and lack of communication would play a huge factor in and if added to the game... if your in jail delayed mail or kites could be sent out to your family with risk and or a subgame for your time spent in jail... and also delays in or limited communication due to the city you are in... makes it alot more sense... adds instinct and tightness to citys and word on the street has more power so to say.

Report Post Tip

How would this work during war time?

What if Don A was at War with Don B.... and Don B was pinched... thus stopping anyone from killing him for days.

Why would Crew B pay the bail.. the don is in the safest place possible.

Report Post Tip

nice point... in times of war all kinna stuff can happen, that should be a perk... its pretty common for a thing of that nature to happen in RL, war breaks out... people die, people get pinched, advancing the safety or danger to the situation... limiting the actions of a key wacker crew leader or vital soldier in the time of need...

Report Post Tip

I see your point, Dillinger, but the decision to be pinched would be entirely out of Don B's hands. He could spend a week making a kill every hour and not get pinched, or he could make one kill and the Feds would catch up with him. The randomness and secrecy of the indictments that may or may not be brought against him would prevent him from being able to throw himself in jail to avoid being shot. Besides, what kind of Don would lock himself away for quite a long time, care of the State, and leave his Family to fight his war?

Another aspect I've just thought about would be control of a Family should its Don be locked away. Perhaps total ownership should pass to the RHM, meaning if he was shot the Family would disband all the same as if the Don was shot? The Don would still be a figurehead, I suppose, and could still instruct his RHM from inside, but ultimately it would be up to the RHM to follow through with the Don's orders. True to RL if a RHM wanted to stage a coup against his Don what better time to strike than while his leader is locked away, unable to communicate properly? Of course IRC could ruin this aspect, but if the RHM had gained the approval of the City's other Dons and/or Godfather to take control it would make little difference anyway.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Getting Pinched
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL