Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 04:04:47
Page:  1 
Sunday Morning Started by: Silenzioso on Sep 17, '09 10:03

- Baby, it's me.

- You got his name?

- It was a bit hard at first, but I got it. His name is Enzio Lippi. Are you sure it was him?

- I'm absolutely sure and he is the main suspect in two other crimes. I'm gonna arrest this son of a bitch, right now.

He

Like everyone else's, Silenzioso's life had its own up and downs. There were happy moments and shitty moments.

One thing was sure though: it had never been boring. He watched how the deepest of human emotions were clearly expressed through screaming, whispering, yelping, moaning...all of then in front of his eyes!

It was generally fine, but there were days when he felt full of guilt and could not take it any longer. Those were his "confusion days". He tried to fight them, buy staying in his bed for a couple of hours, thinking.  Actually no, he didn't just "think", since the whole process consisted of meditating, the recalling of memories from events that never actually happened, the enjoyment of the smell of dust, planning for the future, and most of all, being isolated. Isolation was the crucial element.

Change

It was the same usual Sunday morning. Same drill, same routine.

Silenzioso was staying in his bed, enjoying its warmth and coziness.  Greta Garbo was smiling from the wall. He had anything in control, everything was happening according to his plan, until he heard someone knocking the door.

He realized that someone was storming the castle he had put so much efforts to build. Who could it be? He had no relatives, nor friends in America. Well, he had some 'friends' but they'd certainly never come and pay a visit at such an hour. Was it the cops? Them feds?

Silenzioso was annoyed, yet surprised from this sudden brake of his routine.

"I'm coming!" - he shouted, and swiftly jumped out of his bed.

The person who was standing behind knocked again, this time more firmly and assertively. 

He or she had now crossed the line and made Silenzioso yelled:

"Ma perche cazzo bussi a la porta? Non sono micha muto! Aspettami la e non provare a bussare, se no ti spacco la testa!"

The young man, infuriated as he was, dressed as fast as he could and made his way to the door. He opened it...

The expression in his face changed very fast. It was like melting steel, from strong and determined into an undefinable liquid.

"Hello"  was the only word he could say.

She

She was a young woman in her mid twenties. Nothing more nothing else. She had a lovely face, smooth skin, full lips and a decent body. But they aroused him no desire.

It was the eyes, there was certainly something special with her eyes, the way she looked at him, than firmly confident expression in her face. The eyes!

Silenzioso had heard that they are a mirror of a person's soul. 'Stunning' was the first word that came to his mind. And stunned he was. He had not realized that an entire minute had passed since the  moment when opened the door. And here he was standing at the doorway, gazing at her. The girl, however, didn't need such things in order to understand how distracted he was. So she broke the silence, with a very simple question:

"Are you going to let me in, or should we talk outside?"

"Let's go outside, there is a nice cafe just behind my flat." - he replied.

Silenzioso locked the door and they went at the cafe. He ordered a glass of Johnny while she, at Silenzioso's surprise, ordered a milkshake.

"So, what do you think about the depression?" - she asked,annoyed.

"Our president's response to it is, is indeed, idiotic. Such a fallacious ideology that believes in wealth being created through  destruction and distributed by arbitrary rationing will eventualy lead us into another war.... there is just no other way; the New Deal has already worsened our economic situation and lingerd the depression, therefore the final solution for him would be a big clash where everyone will be hurt at such an extent that we can't even realise the damage inflicted..."

She smiled, quite surprised by his response.

"Wow! What kind of a gangster are you? You seem to know this stuff very well..."

He didn't.

He was quoting from a conversation he had overheard in the post office, just minutes before robbing it. Was it because he couldn't understand how he remembered that, or more likely, because he had absolutely no idea why he said that what he just said; it didn't really matter, as long as this fact remained the same: he was blushing.

Turn

The young woman kept staring at him for a couple of minutes, saying nothing.

Then all of a sudden, she asked:

"Your name isn't really 'Silenzioso' isn't it?

"It isn't. My real name is Enzo, Enzo Lippi. It was my friends who used to call me "Enzo che fa silenzio", which loosely translated means "Enzo, the silent". Then they changed it to simply "Silenzioso", which means 'silent'...

"Well, I'd have to say that you haven't been that Silenzioso with me... At least not since we came here. You don't have a crush on me, do you? "

Her face's expression remained the same, although she had just puned him. And this made Silenzioso feel very unconfortable.

"Unconfortable" would not be a correct word to describe the way he was feeling. It was more like a mixture of dissapointment and anxiety.

"I need to piss" - she said and left the table, leaving Silenzioso alone in a turmoil of thoughts and doubt.

Report Post Tip

Just in case they were hurting your eyes; line 9 "buy" should be changed to "by"  and  line 14 "knocked" should be changed to "knock". 

It's not a short story, but a RP thread.

Comments and complaints are more than welcome.

Report Post Tip

Tommy awaited in the womens restroom and finally when his partner,Debby walked in,he handed her a .38 and said,"You ready to whack this Enzo Fella?" He said,pulling out his .328 Magnum.

Report Post Tip

"Whack him? Why are you asking me this question? - she asked Tommy_Gato, surprised. - I...I...I thought you were a cop...and and...and you were trying to bust this guy, but you first needed his name.The young woman was terrified, trembling in fear. Yet panic didn't take over her, so she jumped back and pointed her gun at Tommy_Gato.

The gun in her hands gave her some self confidence and she finally calmed down.

"Now I understand everything. You're no cop, but a gangster who wants to kill another. You don't want to risk and do it yourself, but rather use me instead."

Report Post Tip

"No No" He calmed her down..Just get him to go home with you..I'll do the work.

Report Post Tip

"What the fuck are you talking about? Why the fuck would you kill him for?" - she asked, screaming.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Sunday Morning
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL