Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:24:12
Page:  1 
Mugging? Started by: Rhuarc on Sep 18, '09 14:50

I was wandering where we were with Mugging?

It seems to have disappeared in favour of Pick Pocketing. I do like Pick Pocketing and really like the wack back you get on it but still miss mugging and chaving money whilst doing some damage too.

Has it been put on the back burner or full out ruled out?

Report Post Tip

Mugging is being reworked. It's still on the list, but it's getting re-designed before we add it back in.

Report Post Tip

I heart Anubis.

Report Post Tip

Whats the difference between mugging and  pickpocketing?

Report Post Tip

Pick Pocketing you gain up to $5,000 and that's the lot.

Mugging you chaved loads of cash, a percentage of the cash they had on them I believe? I'm not sure if it was implemented but there was talk or of mugging being able to make the victim lose their gun and BG's.

Report Post Tip

I was going to write something up i suggestions regarding mugging. Look forward to seeing it return.

Report Post Tip

hmmm... maybe pickpocketing should be avail to petty thiefs and thugs, mugging is a definite need to bring back... adds more character to your action...

Report Post Tip

I never knew there was a difference till I noticed this thread. Kinda odd that you can ONLY pick pocket 5k, whos not to say that you wont manage to get your hands in Donald Trump's pockets as he is walking down the street. :p

Report Post Tip

Mugging is being re-designed so you can steal their gun and other things as well as money.

Report Post Tip

Can we steal bodyguards?

Awesome rushes up to Marietta, the latter surrounded by 127 muscular men in smart suits, and proceeds to kick their asses. He punches and he kicks and he bites his way through, slaps the Godmother in the face, steals her purse, and stands victorious.

"You brave men! You fought well! I value your skills and your courage. Come, men! Join me! As you can see, I am far superior to everyone of you. Why, if you but work by my side, the Law of Osmosis guarantees that, in time, you shall all become awesome. And wouldn't that be... awesome?"

Awesome raises his arms in the air as the men cheer and chant his name. He steps down from his perch atop some nondescript elevated piece of paraphernalia, and marches into the distance, the 127 muscular men in smart suits and bruises following in his wake.

Or something to that effect.

Report Post Tip

P.S. I Love You, Queen-Tyrant.

Report Post Tip

When you steal their gun, do you GAIN their gun?

Or is it just "I take your gun. Now I'm going to throw it in the lake."

Report Post Tip

I certainly hope if you do gain their gun, you do not gain their ability to use it.

Mugging also used to ground people for 2 hours - An extremely underutilised tactic.

~T~

Report Post Tip

I think a "Pummel" feature would be rather useful. Where wacking is too harsh a treatment, a visit from several heavies or indeed, a Multi User option that resulted in a player getting beaten senseless.

Perhaps the CL's of the world would ignore such activities between the lower ranks, maybe if there was just cause for it, despite if permission was asked first, it really isn't that important since they didn't loose a member. It all depends how that one person would like to react to it. Straightened them out? Or lit a fire up under their ass?

A beat Down option could be like mugging I guess, a serious offence to another player but not serious enough to justify squabbling to CL's about it.

Report Post Tip

I want to kneecap Rourke! But in a nice way, of course.

Report Post Tip

I cannot imagine how a nice kneecapping would go.

If mugging was made to do some damage, maybe it could have you 'hospitalised' like being jailed for a certain period of time but allowing you to still write and recieve mails, but not much else.

Report Post Tip

When you steal their gun, do you GAIN their gun?

No, the effect here would be the equivalent of the having a gun wb. They would lose their ability to shoot until they had done 50 crimes (or potentially given a new gun by their CL, although personally I'd suggest that that feature be removed if the gun is lost to a mugging).

Report Post Tip

My understanding was that pickpocketing is relatively harmless action that takes a maximum of $5,000 and does no damage to the person, whereas mugging was an actual attack, which took loads of money from people and had the potential to do actual (though not life threatening) damage.

Report Post Tip

Mugging would be classed as an attack on someone. Unlike Pickpocketing which is a harmless act. Exactuly like Kates said. Except mugging wouldn't be something anyone would just go around doing to people and get away with it.

Report Post Tip

How was the damage implemented? Did we have vitality points back then, like the BGs have? So if we do not heal we would be easier to whack? Or it's just from the RP POV as having to be hospitalized?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Mugging?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL