Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 15:50:22
Page:  1 
Loss and Reflection Started by: Draven on Sep 18, '09 22:08

Slowing stepping out of the car she pulled out her umbrella and lifted it above her head. The rain lightly pattered on the black umbrella as she walked up to the gates of the cemetery. She knew she had to be strong as she pushed the gates opened and slowly walked through the vast headstones that lined the green grass. Looking around she saw a few fresh graves with the most beautiful flowers placed on them and hoped that those buried there had long great lives. She looked down at the single rose she held and felt the tears in her eyes begin to rise up and then fall down her cheek as she trudged on. Looking at the names on the head stones, she shook her head as she passed some she knew and took a deep breath in as she grew steps closer to the one that she came to visit.

Stopping just before the head stone she  held her breath telling herself over and over again.. Be strong Stay strong. One step more and she was there. She knelt down and placed the rose on on the grave as she said a quick pray to herself. Standing there she was at a loss of words her mind just raced with thoughts of what was and what will be. 

After sometime she brushed the tears that had stained her face away and wiped her eyes. Standing up she brushed back her hair and took a few steps backwards looking one last time at the grave she turned and nearly tripped as she started to run back to the car. Throwing open the door of the car she fell into the seat and sat there collapsing on the steering wheel. Back to work, back to the world and move on.. She thought to herself as she started the engine and drove threw the rain back to the hq. Seeing the corner empty on her way she stopped the car and got out.

I know that this subject has been beaten to a pulp but I wanted to take a step back and remember just for a moment those that have been lost in this thing of ours and if anyone has lost anyone outside of this thing of ours. Loss is something that we have to deal with on a day to day basis but it doesn't make it any easier. Each life lost causes a dent, as I would say, inside of us something that can take a long time to recover from. So I figured it would be nice to simply stop from our busy day and take a deep breath to remember and reflect on those friends and loved ones that we have lost and reflect on the lives they lived..

Draven stepped down and looked at the crowd once more before she stepped back in her car and finished her drive home.

Report Post Tip

lotus walks up to the graves in complete silence with roses in her hands and places one on every grave she sees, with tears running down her face from the sorrow and pain of the loss of lives and loved ones.

i walk away as quietly as i came with my arms empty and my heart full of pain and sorrow, i get into my car and pull away and head back to my hq

Report Post Tip

I haven't lived this life long enough to experience grief of this nature, but I know it will happen too soon. I am honored to have met the people that I know, and I hope to know them for some time, but I'm also honored to have surrounded myself with wonderful people that will stand by me in times of mourning.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Loss and Reflection
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL