Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:05:00
Page:  1 
*When Is Enough .Enough ?* Started by: Frankie_Sparks on Sep 18, '09 22:18

Strolls out of the coffee shop with the classic soap box stand and throws it down on the street.Frankie Clears his throat " Ahem"

I know I don't say much in the streets, I really don't find the need. However i've been paying attention to the rapid growth of our families. I'm a numbers guy i like to see a total of things . Put's a perspective on things. We  have a total of 29 families ALMOST 30 ! I'm truely Surprised we hit that many so far. And man i've been here since this game had seen 1 family per city. Truely a accomplishment as well for the growth and popularity of this game.

New York leads with 7.. like holy hell. What da hell is happening there ? can someone fill me in ? Is that the city to go to now ? Hell the First Godfather only had 5 ! remember the movie Gangs Of New York ? 5 as well. Thats not the point But What Da Roger ?

Detroit and New O  has a good Base of 5 which personally myself is plenty. Hell 3 should be ok right ? I don't know .

Chi-town and LA has 4 individualy is that a good base number for them cities right ?

Las Vegas and Phil have a comfortable 2 . Holy hell that sounds normal or maybe I'm a damn hermit that likes to be left alone !

There is a total 723 players ..give and take a few for deaths and new ones coming in. 29 are leaders x 2 with middle management = 58.

Remember Bloody Valentines ? yeah..i think that would be awesome. But hey you just got to ask yourself...

When is enough...enough ?

Report Post Tip

With all do respect, I humbly ask the question, wasn't everyone new to the game at one point?And isn't the point of voting to give the game bigger publicity? I'd like to see it grow to the point where there the game is forced to evolve. More cities, more ways to make money, and we might even see a mob war if the mobs aren't contained to one city. If a godfather could have guys running things in every city, the game would become more organized and aggressive. We might even see new guns, killing styles and the ability to actually buy and be forced to defend legitimate businesses and headquarters. Make the new way to take over as a Don is to lead a crew and take down a headquarters by killing all of the guards or something. Limiting the numbers s limiting the growth of the game.

I'm new myself and I apologize if I offended you in any way.

Report Post Tip

Johnny walks by and hears jmbrust87 babbling on.

"Game? What game are you talking about? You are making no sense man. I think the life of a mobster is getting to you. Here take some of these and get some rest." Johnny hands jmbrust87 some OOC medicine.

Report Post Tip

I've read this thread a few times now and still can't get my head around what you are trying to say (and that's not just a dig at you originally putting such OOC content on the streets).

To start with...

New York leads with 7.. like holy hell. What da hell is happening there ? can someone fill me in ? Is that the city to go to now ? Hell the First Godfather only had 5 ! remember the movie Gangs Of New York ? 5 as well. Thats not the point But What Da Roger ?

If you wish to question the leadership decisions of either myself or Godfather ThomasRourke in New York, I have some very blunt advice for you... don't! It won't end well.

I wasn't aware that we should have been running New York as they did in some random movies, this rule must have been missed by myself and possibly Godfather Rourke. Thank you for pointing this out... I mistakenly assumed it was the Godfathers city to run as he saw fit.

As for the suggestion that having so many crews is a negative... I disagree strongly. By setting additional leaders, we get huge advantages. From an IC pov, our city and our families grow stronger. We earn more, we have more support should a war kick off, we have more creative members to assist in our work to develop and improve our city and our business ventures.

From the community pov, new members get a more hands on experience. Despite the best efforts of a leader, a larger crew will always require them to spread their time between more members allowing less time for the individuals. Now, this is offset somewhat by the use of sponsors, mentors, crew universities, etc etc etc.. but it's a fact that a smaller family will end up producing a closer and tighter group.. which will only serve to help the retention and training of new players. A huge plus for the whole community.

An increase in the number of captains (or even lieutenants) also means that more users get the chance to experience the life of a CL. Now, don't get me wrong, I'd never auth someone JUST because they've never done it previously... but if I have a new member who hasn't had a previous opportunity to lead who meets all my other criteria, I'd certainly be keen to give them an opportunity if I and my godfather felt the timing was right for introduce a new family.

I could continue listing the many positives I see from having additional crews, but the real question is... what are the negatives?

I can't see a single one. If a leader isn't up to the job, they won't (or shouldn't) last long. If it's an argument of 'it didn't happen like this in the past'... well, so what? I wasn't here in the past, should I go suicide to fix that too? If it's an argument of 'it didn't happen like this in the movies', I'm going to shake my head and walk away to find a debate which isn't idiotic and a waste of my and everyone elses time.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: *When Is Enough .Enough ?*
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL